Chapter 6

The Warmth of You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Chapter 6

Minju

 

“Now, the novel is about choice.” their teacher explained. “In a simplified format the author is trying to explain that there is not necessarily right choices, only different paths.”

 

She really loved Miss Kim but school was just sooooo boring. Next to her, Hyewon was somehow standing straight up and sleeping with her eyes open. The quirky girl was probably tired from their non-stop planning for the school trip.

 

The student council had been working in overtime to make sure the trip to Japan went well.

 

The sleeping with the eyes open thing was still weird.

 

It was both creepy and kind of fascinating actually.

 

When she looked a couple rows in front of her she saw that Chaeyeon was completely focused on the lecture like a good student. Next to her crush, Sakura was alternating between focusing on the teacher and stealing glances at Chaeyeon.

 

Sometimes when she really thought about it, it was crazy that she, Hyewon, and Sakura had all fallen for the same person. They were just so different personality wise.

 

In her mind, she had always expected Sakura to fall for someone that could maker her warm up to them despite her slightly cold exterior. For Hyewon…..well it was always hard to figure out Hyewon.

 

“Now, let’s take a minute to reread this passage.” Miss Kim instructed.

 

She called out nae with the rest of the class and flipped open her book.

 

Without thinking much she glanced out the window and felt drop at the sight of Yujin carrying of all things two chickens under her arms. Not far behind her Yena was leading an alpaca forward.

 

…….what was happening?

 

She raised her hand, “Miss Kim can I go to the restroom?”

 

“Sure Minju.”

 

She nodded and scurried out of the classroom. After navigating her way downstairs she ran to where she had spotted the two idiots of the student council. Surprisingly, there was no sight of them but a trail of cookies? were somehow on the ground. She followed the trail to a shed and decided some dramatics were in order.

 

She kicked the door, “Put your hands up!”

 

“Ahh, it was Yujin’s idea take her!” Yena yelled.

 

Yujin hit the duck, “It’s just Minju.”

 

“Oh, hi Minju what’s up?”

 

She crossed her arms, “What are you guys doing?”

 

“Well we were walking to school together for fun.” Yujin started.

 

Ugh, rich people walking for “fun”. She wishes her friends could experience her painfully middle class life one day.

 

Yena continued, “There was this lady selling animals in this dark alleyway and we were both really on board with the idea.”

 

“She seemed trustworthy, she was a cat and laughing really weird, kind of like a cackle.”

 

She face palmed when the realization hit that the two idiots had run into a super villain with a cat and been tricked into buying what were probably illegal animals.

 

She sighed, “I might regret asking this but it was just these chickens and alpaca right?”

 

“Well…..”

 

Yujin answered, “There’s a llama.”

 

“So where are these animals?”

 

“A safe place.”

 

Almost on cue there was a loud scream. The three of them met eyes and immediately sprinted.

 

Yena annoyingly bringing the alpaca with them. They navigated through the school until they arrived at the student council room. When she opened the door she was shocked by the literal zoo.

 

Ducks, baby pigs, raccoons, and the llama Yujin had mentioned.

 

In the center of the room Hitomi was up on a desk, looking scared for her life.

 

“Just stay where you are, we’ll get you.” Yena called.

 

Unluckily, the door flew open behind them and Eunbi ran in with Chaewon.

 

“AHN YUJIN, CHOI YENA!” the president screamed. “What is happening?!”

 

“Well it was just a series of events and….MINJU DISTRACT HER!” Yujin yelled.

 

dropped open as the tall girl jumped out the still broken window.

 

She turned to Yena, “Hey you explain the situation!”

 

“Well I mean it just started with…..it was Minju’s fault!” Yena got on her alpaca. “Ride into the wind Sheila!”

 

Like something out of a crack novel the duck rode away into the sunset with the alpaca. That left her alone in the room, with a very angry Eunbi and Chaewon, a freaked out Hitomi, and a zoo’s worth of animals.

 

She raised her hands, “Well, it just kind of started with….I’m out!”

 

She jumped out the same window as Yujin and expected a hard fall into the bushes below. Strangely she landed on something a lot softer.

 

When she opened her eyes she realized that she had fallen on Chaeyeon of all people. She laid across her crush and was so close to her that their noses were practically touching.

 

Chaeyeon blinked, “Minju did you just jump out that window?”

 

“Yes.”

 

“I got worried when you didn’t come back to class so I went to look for you. I didn’t expect you to literally fall into my arms though.”

 

Yujin popped out of the bush next to them.

 

The girl gave a thumb’s up, “Nice jump there, Minju. I give you a 10/10.”

 

“Forget that you sold me out! I wasn’t even a part of that petting zoo.” she complained.

 

“True, here I’ll do you a favor.”

 

Yujin ran up to them and pushed her with a fake “oops”.

 

Almost in slow motion, she fell forward so her lips touched Chaeyeon’s and she felt her heart beat out of her chest.

 

Oh my god, she had just kissed Chaeyeon.

 

She was so shocked she was frozen dumbly until a bright flash interrupted her.

 

When she looked up she saw Nako, phone in hand clearly taking pictures and Sakura staring at them with an open mouth.

 

…..AHN YUJIN!

 

Sakura

 

She did her best to gently wipe disinfectant into Chaeyeon’s cuts but the girl still winced in pain.

 

“So Minju really just fell on you?” she asked.

 

Chaeyeon laughed, “For the millionth time yes.”

 

“And she jumped out the window because Yujin and Yena made a zoo in the student council room?”

 

“Also yes.”

 

She wasn’t sure if she completely believed all parts of that story.

 

Yes, she believed that Yujin and Yena would do something that stupid but she didn’t believe that Minju just ‘accidentally’ fell and kissed Chaeyeon.

 

From what she had seen, Yujin who was a Chaemin shipper had helped the situation along….LIKE A TRAITOR. Ehemm, anyway the point was that she had walked in on the two kissing.

 

The ugly feeling of jealousy she felt made her feel guilty but she couldn’t help it. She had never liked someone like she likes Chaeyeon. So even if she didn’t want to be mad at Minju and didn’t want to be so suspicious, she couldn’t control her emotions.

 

Also, going back to the two idiots. What were they going to do with the petting zoo?

 

In the Student Council Room

3rd POV

 

Yena and Yujin sat with their heads bowed in shame in front of Eunbi’s desk.

 

“So, I’m just in class trying to get an education when I’m called in because you two are causing trouble.” Eunbi complained. “Why is it when I cause trouble I have to solve my own problems but you two have the amazing help of myself?”

 

Chaewon next to the president interrupted, “Actually, I clean up all the messes at this school if we’re being honest here.”

 

“Whatever.” Eunbi waved her hand. “What are you two going to do with all these animals?”

 

Next to the short president, a llama her hair without a care in the world.

 

Yena and Yujin made eye contact.

 

“The Ahn and Choi Petting Zoo?” Yena offered.

 

Chaewon said bluntly, “You think your parents are going to donate enough money to build a petting zoo at our school? Isn’t it enough that we have a Ahn and Choi family Aquarium, Horse Stable, and duck pond?”

 

“Jeez my parents are going to kill me, this is like the third time this month that I’ve gotten caught up in a scheme.” Yujin muttered. “I should really spread out these incidents more.”

 

Eunbi nodded, “Agreed, as president I like to keep my scheming evenly spaced out.”

 

“Makes sense, you’re a smart one Prez.” Yena saluted.

 

Chaewon sighed deeply, “Just one day, one day of peace”

 

“Is this a bad time to tell you that I lost the alpaca?”

 

Back to Sakura

 

“Where is the school nurse anyway?” she changed subjects.

 

Chaeyeon smiled, her eyes going into familiar crescents, “It’s fine, I have you as my personal nurse.”

 

She felt all of the ugly feelings she had before melt away just with Chaeyeon’s smile.

 

It was crazy, the effect the girl had on her.

 

“Well I’m happy to help.” she said softly. “Do you know something crazy? When I was younger I actually really wanted to be a doctor.”

 

Chaeyeon tilted her head like a cute bear, “Past tense?”

 

“I don’t know, it just seems like something only really smart people can do. I guess I would be fine just doing modeling for the rest of my life….or until I’m thirty I guess.”

 

Being a model was fun and she liked the work but it was more a hobby than anything else.

 

Chaeyeon said, “Well I think you could do it. You’re one of the smartest people I know, and an incredibly hard worker.”

 

“Really?”

 

“Of course, you would be an amazing doctor.”

 

Coming from anyone else, she might have suspected that they were flattering her but the girl in front of her always meant what she said.

 

The way Chaeyeon seemed to have faith in her made her believe in herself more too.

 

She took a seat next to the girl on the infirmary bed, “What do you want to do when you grow up?”

 

“I guess, I just always want to be able to dance.”

 

Of course, Chaeyeon was beautiful but like she had told her before she thought the bear like girl was the most breathtaking when dancing.

 

She wondered aloud, “Do you think we’ll be friends in the future too?”

 

More than just being friends, she wondered if they would be as entwined in their lives as they were now.

 

She certainly hoped so because ever since she met Chaeyeon, she couldn’t imagine the girl not being an active part of her life.

 

“Of course, you can’t get rid of me that easily.”

 

And Chaeyeon always gave the right answer.

 

“So just to be absolutely clear, Minju kissed you by accident?”

 

“Yes Sakura.”

 

She couldn’t push the impulse back any longer and stumbled clumsily forward so their lips met.

 

She said breathily after pulling away, “That was an accident too.”

 

Chaeyeon could only nod dumbly in response.

 

Maybe, still on a high from her impulsive move she decided to go all out.

 

She asked, “This weekend did you want to do something?”

 

“Actually, I already have plans.”

 

Her stomach sank.

 

“Oh, with who?”

 

“Well it’s kind of a long story.”

 

Hyewon

 

She checked her phone to see the time before going back to zoning out.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter