Chapter 12

The Warmth of You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Chapter 12

Sakura

 

“Oh my god, it’s gorgeous.” she said as she walked in.

 

The huge ballroom had been transformed into an otherworldly garden. There were brightly colored plants and flowers, glowing in what seemed like moonlight.

 

“I know right.” Chaewon said proudly.

 

She was surrounded by all her friends except Chaeyeon as they walked in and even after planning the formal so long she was blown away by everything she was seeing.

 

“Well guys, we spent forever planning this so let’s have fun.” Eunbi grinned.

 

Her friends cheered and they all went to the dance floor as a group. It was fun being dorks as the upbeat songs played. It made her forget about all the stress that came with planning the formal and dealing with her weird kind of non-existent love life.

 

When she looked over at the huge snack section she laughed at the sight of Chaewon guarding the punch bowl.

 

She couldn’t let her fellow VP not have fun.

 

She walked towards Chaewon but was surprised right when she approached that Hitomi ran up to Chaewon instead.

 

“What are you doing?” Hitomi asked.

 

“I have to protect the punch bowl from these heathens.”

 

“Hey you’re my date, so as my date come dance with me.”

 

“Hitomi….”

 

Chaewon!”

 

She laughed as Chaewon relented and got dragged back to the dance floor with Hitomi. Annyeongz was having fun twirling around in a way that didn’t fit the song but seemed to make them laugh. YenYul were smiling at each other like dorks per usual. And wait a second….Lee Sian? Of all people was dancing with Eunbi. While the rest of the girls didn’t seem to care much about having a partner.

 

Everything was perfect.

 

Except for the little fact that the one person she really wanted to be with at the formal was mysteriously gone.

 

“What you thinking about?”

 

When she looked up she couldn’t help the dumb grin on her face.

 

Chaeyeon stood next to her looking gorgeous in a tailored suit that showed off her perfect figure.

 

“You.” she admitted.

 

For once, she couldn’t read Chaeyeon’s face. After a pause, her crush spoke.

 

“Wanna go outside?

 

“Sure.”

 

They walked out to the balcony and for a moment they looked out at the beautiful night view of downtown Seoul.

 

“I honestly don’t know how to even start.” Chaeyeon admitted. “I wanted to give you all an answer as soon as I could but it just wasn’t easy.”

 

“I understand.”

 

“Sakura, I really care about you and I do like you…..”

 

Okay, going well.

 

“But there’s someone I like more. I’m sorry, I care so much about you and that’s why I can’t lie to you.”

 

In just a second, she felt her world come crashing down.

 

Maybe that was the nice thing about not being sure, you could still have hope.

 

She took a shaky breath, “Thank you for telling me.”

 

“I..I’m sorry.”

 

At that, she couldn’t help breaking down into tears.

 

If it was anyone else, after rejecting someone they would run away but Chaeyeon gently wiped the tears off her face.

 

“No, you shouldn’t be. I think I’ll just need some space now.” she gathered herself.

 

“Okay, Sakura.”

 

Chaeyeon hesitantly began to walk back but as soon as she heard the door shut, let herself cry again.

 

At the end, Lee Chaeyeon did break her heart but she didn’t regret anything.

 

It would just take some time to heal….

 

A lot of time.

 

Minju

 

After dancing for a bit she had decided to take a break and take part in the ridiculously good catering she had helped pick out. She hadn’t meant to but had spotted Chaeyeon and Sakura talking, when they left and it was only Chaeyeon that came back she could figure out what happened.

 

Honestly, she should’ve maybe been happy that there was one less person to worry about but she couldn’t. Sakura was her friend and knowing that her friend was hurt doesn’t feel good no matter what.

 

Eunbi dropped down next to her.

 

“This dance is the best way to end my amazing reign as president.” the president said proudly.

 

She smiled, “Yup, per your whole presidency it’s Chaewon that did everything.”

 

“Minju.” Eunbi glared at her with a huffy look.

 

She changed the subject, “So you and Sian are back together?”

 

“No, I just asked her if she would be my date to the dance and she said yes.”

 

“So are you going to ask her to get back together?”

 

To her surprise a sweet looking smile came to Eunbi’s face.

 

“I don’t know, maybe. It took me a long time to realize this but if things work out they will and if they don’t they won’t. But Sian and I? I know that we’re one of those things that will.”

 

“What makes you so sure?”

 

“Cause she’s my orange.”

 

She gave her friend a blank look.

 

Eunbi laughed, “What I mean is that she’s it. Even if we don’t get together tonight or even in a year, I know at some point we will. So I’m not going to rush it, I’m going to just let it happen.”

 

Hearing Eunbi she was jealous of how sure she was.

 

In her life, she had always been kind of wishy washy and unsure.

 

Her friends lightly about it and she laughed but….

 

Listening to Eunbi now she knew that it probably wasn’t a good thing.

 

She couldn’t help asking, “Have you seen Hyewon and Chaeyeon?”

 

“I think Hyewon is hiding somewhere but I don’t know about Chaeyeon.”

 

“Okay thanks.”

 

“No problem, Minguri.”

 

Eunbi left her to herself and she took a second to breath.

 

She got to her feet and as she walked back to the dance floor a girl suddenly rushed by and she lost her footing.

 

Before she could fall onto the floor, familiar warm arms caught her.

 

“Are you ever gonna stop falling for me?”

 

She looked up at Chaeyeon with a red face, “Shut up.”

 

Chaeyeon gently set her on her feet and offered her a hand.

 

“Could I ask for a dance Princess Minju?” her childhood friend said dramatically.

 

She giggled, “Yes.”

 

Like fate, the upbeat song changed to something slower. Actually, when she looked up at the DJ booth Yujin was winking at her and giving her a thumb’s up.

 

Wow, Ahn Yujin might be crazy but she always had her back.

 

As Ed Sheeran’s voice filled up the ballroom she allowed herself to move closer to Chaeyeon and be led in the slow dance.

 

Chaeyeon met her eyes, “Minju, you look really really beautiful.”

 

“What?” she blushed.

 

“Well you always do but tonight even more.”

 

“And you look gorgeous.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter