Chapter 2

The Warmth of You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 2

Hyewon

 

“It was like something out of a Korean drama. There was romantic music, slow motion, and flower petals in the air.” Wonyoung sighed dreamily. “Good thing I took a hundred pictures, modern technology is amazing.”

 

Yujin scoffed, “It was not that romantic.”

 

“Of course you wouldn’t think so because you’re an animal.” the model-like girl rolled her eyes. “You wouldn’t know class and romance if it slapped you across the face.”

 

The resident troublemaker laughed, “Jokes on you Wonyoungie I’m romantic as hell. Right Hyewon?”

 

She nodded and continued to go through her donut sampling. It was her Monday tradition to get a dozen donuts from her favorite bakery and go through them slowly (in an hour).

 

Like usual she was in the student council room and had been happily eating her donuts until Yujin and Wonyoung had barged in. She wasn’t the brightest person but she couldn’t help but wonder if the two’s constant bickering was signaling something else.

 

Wonyoung threw an eraser at Yujin who easily dodged.

 

Well what did she know?

 

“Hyewon will say yes to anything when she’s distracted with food.” Wonyoung rolled her eyes.

 

The door swung open and Eunbi walked in with Chaewon, Hitomi, Nako, Yena, and Yuri trailing behind.

 

“Are you guys gossiping about the drama at the school entrance? I knew having a transfer student would start our schools very own made for tv drama.” Yuri had a dreamy look in eyes.

 

Nako nodded, “It was cute, I took like a hundred pictures.”

 

“Thank you, someone who finally gets it.” Wonyoung stuck her tongue out at Yujin.

 

She finally looked up from her donut tasting, “Wait, what are we talking about?”

 

“This, I took a video.” Eunbi took out her phone.

 

She watched the video while finishing up her jelly donut. It showed Sakura’s town car when Minju ran up. The door opened making Minju fall back but the girl who stepped out caught her. To her surprise, the girl looked familiar.

 

“That’s Chaeyeon.” she said.

 

Everyone turned to her.

 

“How do you know the new transfer student?” Hitomi asked as she nibbled some bread.

 

She answered, “Her sister offered to marry us off.”

 

The room became silent again and she took that as her cue to continue eating her donuts.

 

“Well since you met Chaeyeon before do you know how she knows our Minju?” Nako asked.

 

She tilted her head, “They know each other?”

 

“I think it would be more accurate to say that Chaeyeon knows Minju but our madame secretary looked pretty confused from where I was standing.” Yena thought it over. “Do you think Chaeyeon’s sister tried to marry them too?”

 

She shook her head, “No Chaemin said I was her first choice.”

 

“That’s how they trick you, Hyewon.” Yujin tsked.

 

Hmm, maybe that was true but she honestly trusted Chaemin. The cute bear cub didn’t seem like she would lie about her being the first choice.

 

“But Chaeyeon got out of Sakura’s car?” Nako pondered. “She won’t even give me a ride to school.”

 

Wonyoung scoffed, “Why do you care? You’re the one that comes to school in like a stretch limo every day.”

 

“It’s the thought that counts.” their shortest member retorted. “And I was just trying to point out that her being in our Saku-chan’s car means that the two know each other somehow too.”

 

Eunbi went to her presidents chair, “Then that means the premise of our drama is that we have our protagonist the new transfer student Lee Chaeyeon who has a connection to the visual trio of Seoul Academy. This is some great plot points.”

 

“Wait a second, if they’re the main characters does that mean we’re…..*gasp* B-plot characters.” Yujin dramatically jumped up.

 

Yena got on her knees, “Noooo I don’t want to be a side character you’re speaking roles are only like one line an episode.”

 

The loud slam of a book interrupted the dramatics.

 

Chaewon cleared , “Can everyone get serious? We all actually have work to get done and can’t get distracted.”

 

“I agree co-vp, as your overlord and president I approve your efficiency.” Eunbi said seriously. “But getting back to our drama, there’s one interesting plot point you all don’t know yet.”

 

Hitomi asked, “What’s that?”

 

“Our other vp Sakura and secretary Minju are going to be in the same class as our transfer student.”

 

Huh, interesting.

 

Wait a second, she was in the same class as Sakura and Minju.

 

Chaeyeon

 

When she had caught Kim Minju in her arms, with gummy worms flying the only thing she could think was that she really hadn’t changed at all. The girl was still incredibly beautiful, made hilarious (and adorable) facial expressions, and still apparently had the diet of a kid.

 

The only thing she managed to say, however, was Minju’s name before cars were honking at them to move out of the way.

 

Flustered, she had set Minju on her feet and in the chaos of the honking horns had been lead inside of the school. Leaving behind Sakura who had been kind enough to give her a ride but only managed to shoot her one last confused look before she lost her.

 

They were currently in an empty classroom that looked to be a storage area with all of the chairs and desks stacked.

 

“I’m sorry that I pulled you all the way over here but there was gummy worms, and cars honking, and people yelling, and cameras and…” Minju said frantically.

 

Ah, this was her friends usual freak outs that were always cute but needed to be interrupted.

 

She calmly put her hands on her shoulders, “Hey just breathe a second, it’s fine. There was a lot happening out there, I’m glad we’re somewhere we can talk.”

 

“Okay…..but how do you know my name?”

 

Ouch.

 

“Minju, would you happen to remember a girl that used to live next door to you and dragged you with her to sneak into dance classes?”

 

The girl took a second to think and when the spark of recognition hit threw her arms around her.

 

“Oh my god, Chaeyeon!”

 

“Minju-ah.”

 

“How could I not recognize you? I’m so sorry.”

 

“It’s fine.”

 

“Oh god, now I’m not as embarrassed knowing that it was you that saved my out there. It’s just like old times, you were always helping me out when I messed up.”

 

It was true. As kids they were each other’s constant companions.

 

The thing was that her bestie had a lot of bad luck. She had saved Minju from wild stray dogs, falling off trees, and everything in between. They had that childhood friendship where they were with each other all the time. She remembered leaving Minju as being the hardest part about moving.

 

Eventually, though she had to move on and while travelling and living in all these exotic countries missed her friend a little less.

 

It was crazy to see her now though.

 

“Is it weird that you haven’t changed a bit?” she commented.

 

Minju made a face, “I mean I hope I changed a little bit. I was such a dork when I was younger.”

 

“I don’t know, I like that you’re a dork.”

 

She smiled and gently moved a stray piece of hair away from Minju’s face. They shared a look and when it seemed like Minju was about to say something the door swung open.

 

Sakura rushed in, “Chaeyeon!”

 

She moved her hand away from Minju and turned around.

 

“Sakura!” she said playfully.

 

“I was so worried with all the chaos and oh hi Minju.”

 

“Hey vp.”

 

“Wait do you two know each other?”

 

Minju nodded, “We’re actually childhood friends.”

 

“And you’re the vp?” she asked.

 

Sakura nodded, “Yes and Minju is actually the secretary of the council.’

 

“Wow, so I guess you did change a little bit.” she teased.

 

Her childhood friend whined, “Chaeyeon!”

 

“I’m just kidding.” she smiled and gently patted her head.

 

Sakura moved closer to them, “But I just wanted to ask if you wanted me to give you a tour around the school and pick up your schedule.”

 

“That would be great.” she turned to Minju. “Do you want to come?”

 

“Actually, Minju I think Eunbi needed your help finding a file in the student council room.”

 

“Oh, I should get going then. I’ll see you later Chaeyeon, let’s catch up more later.”

 

“I look forward to it.”

 

She watched as Minju ran out.

 

“Let’s go.”

 

She was surprised when Sakura grabbed her hand naturally as they walked out and she didn’t necessarily feel the need to pull away.

 

That was kind of weird.

 

Sakura

 

“Wow that library was as big as my old school.” Chaeyeon joked.

 

She laughed, “Yeah, the founders of Seoul Academy were kind of extra. And let me show you my favorite building in the school.”

 

They walked out of the hallway to the outdoor area. The walkways of the school were lined with beautiful stone walkways and natural landscapes that were constantly being taken care of by the hardworking staff.

 

After walking a few more minutes in comfortable silence they made it to a beautiful glass building, otherwise known as the Miyawaki Gr

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter