By His Side

Beating Heart Between Us
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

a/n Hey guys, I told you didn't I. The update will be posted soon *winks* Yup it's this soon because you guys have commented a lot on the last chapter and I was so happy reading all your reactions. As expected some people were mad because another guy came up and some were actually contented that Woohyun will have a rival. I'm not sure if y'all just don't know who it was because no one even tried to guess who it was :( It was a game and no one played :( Anyway I'm sad today and I know you guys are as well. Sungjong enlisted last week, though he's only a public server like Howon, still it was so sudden. I'm actually scared they'd just drop the bomb for Myungsoo and Woohyun without any warning but I hope they won't shock us like that. I'mma cry when Woohyun enlists I know that,  my tears are about to fall just thinking about it. We'll all support them until they get together again right? By the way, for the next chapters I'll have 2 a/ns one at the beginning and another at the end I just love expressing myself to you guys lmao I hope it's okay. I also want to warn you for this chapter, I think it can be counted as quite heavy angst lmao since I cried while writing it. Without further ado, chapter 12 everyone. Enjooooy!

--------------------------------- ^•^ --------------------------------

 

“Oh, you guys are here” Sungkyu said as he walks to the door.

 

Sunghyun quickly break off from the mystery man and go straight to Sungkyu to hug his appa.

 

“Appa” Sunghyun said excitedly

 

“Hey baby, how was it?” Sungkyu asks

 

“It was fun, Daddy said we’ll go somewhere again next week and he bought Sunghyun-ie a lot of toys Appa" The kid said

 

"Sunghyun, what did I tell you about toys? You already have so much here" Sungkyu said not convince

 

"It's okay Gyu, I mean Sungkyu, I told him he could pick anything and this is the first time I've bought him something so I hope you'll let it slide" Woohyun said smiling. Sungkyu sighs after looking at Woohyun who had a puppy eyes, not that Sungkyu was affected by it.

 

"Fine, but once I saw those toys lying around. I'm gonna throw them all out. Clear?" Sungkyu said authoritatively to his son

 

His son just nods enthusiastically. Sungkyu smiled at his son, glad that he had fun for the day. 

 

He kissed his son’s cheek and lifts him up, only then did he realize the two other gentlemen standing by the door, scrutinizing each other. Sungkyu cleared his throat which successfully gained their attention.

 

“Uhm, Woohyun this is Kim Minseok. Minseok this is Nam Woohyun” Sungkyu introduced the two. They shook their hands, gripping a bit harder than usual.

 

“Hi! It’s nice to meet you. I hope this kid didn’t bother you that much, he can be quite a troublemaker sometimes, aren’t you Yun-Yunnie” Minseok said placing his hand around Sungkyu’s waist and tapping Sunghyun’s nose in which the kid has replied with a cute giggle. 

 

Sungkyu carrying Sunghyun who was giggling while Minseok's arm was around Sungkyu's waist and rubbing the child's head

 

'They looked like a happy family' Woohyun thought bitterly

 

 

To say that Woohyun wasn’t hurt by the view would be an understatement. He felt his heart crashing. He knows he doesn’t have the right to but he can’t help but think that he’s supposed to be on that guy’s place. 'That’s my family' He thought again

 

Seeing his son and Sungkyu comfortable around this man, he must be someone special and had been there from the start when he wasn’t. He felt like an intruder, someone who doesn't belong in that scene.

 

He hates how smug the look on that man’s face, mocking Woohyun, showing him that he has what Woohyun has been dreaming of. 

 

He wanted to shout at the guy to leave his family alone, to not take his place, to stay away from them but then he remembers, he's just Sunghyun's father nothing more nothing less.

 

He couldn't stop himself from hating the man. He got his pride stepped on and as a man he won't take this lightly.

 

“Naah, it’s fine. I guess he got that from me, after all he’s my son” Woohyun said gritting his teeth slightly emphasizing on the word ‘son’ which successfully made the other frown. He reaches for his son’s cheek and pinch it lightly.

 

“That’s good then. You guys are probably hungry, I've cooked some doenjang jjigae and spicy pork ribs” Minseok announced

 

“Sunghyun-ie and daddy already ate outside” Sunghyun said smiling turning to Woohyun which the older returned

 

“Really? Where did you guys eat?” Sungkyu asks turning to Woohyun as well

 

“Sunghyun-ie brought daddy to Changwook and Haneul Samchon. We ate mandu and noodles. Appa, Appa we finish 15 pots of mandu, it’s daddy’s favorite as well. Did you know Appa? Did you? Did you?” Sunghyun asks cutely shaking his appa's head who only smiles

 

“Yes baby I know. In fact your dad was still probably holding himself back when you guys ate. You know one time as I've remembered he finished 25 pots of mandu” Sungkyu told his son smiling fondly

 

“Hey, I only did because you refused to eat the rest of it. We couldn’t have leftovers that time or the ahjumma would scold us” Woohyun defended himself with a pout

 

Sunghyun giggled at his parents and reaches for his dad’s head to pat it. Sungkyu was still holding him so his appa needed to step closer to Woohyun

 

“Don’t worry daddy, Sunghyun won’t judge” Sunghyun said smiling teasingly

 

“Champ, I thought we were on the same team?” Woohyun pouted. Sunghyun giggled and kisses his daddy’s cheek. Sungkyu smiles fondly looking at them. He didn't even realize how he was smiling at that scene when the moment was ruined (a/n yes, ruined. Minseok how dare you ruined their moment like that tsk) by someone clearing his throat.

 

“Well then I guess you won’t eat dinner here Woohyun-ssi?” Minseok asks with a tone that tells Woohyun, the other wants him gone.

 

“Yeah, I’m still full I guess I have to leave now” Woohyun said a bit annoyed. He wanted to stay, but of course he couldn't this wasn't his place. It was never his to begin with.

 

“You’re leaving already daddy?” Sunghyun asks pouting cutely

 

“Yes bud, but don’t worry I’ll come here again next Saturday. Of course, that is if you’re Appa is okay with it” Woohyun  said glancing at Sungkyu

 

“Appa please let daddy take me out every week” Sunghyun said which Sungkyu replied with a nod

 

Woohyun left the house after he put Sunghyun’s toys in his room. He was glad that he was able to spend time with his son but he can’t help but feel sad as he remembers that Minseok guy who seems to have taken his place. He’s not sure whether Sungkyu was dating that guy but he feels like he is.

 

 

“Hyung, how was your date with Sunghyun?” Myungsoo asks as he was busy eating an ice cream watching some variety on tv.

 

 

“Yah! You ate my ice cream again. I didn’t buy all those groceries for you and Sungjong to pig out. You guys should look for a job. Where’s Sungjong anyway?” Woohyun asks back as he walks to the couch. He places the paper bag he was holding which contains Sungkyu's supposed to be dinner and snatches the ice cream from Myungsoo. Myungsoo rolled his eyes

 

“Sungjong’s already sleeping, he looked for a job earlier and he’ll be starting tomorrow. He found this bar and applied as a bartender. I think he knows the owner and as for me should I remind you that I’m not jobless, I have my work. I did the groceries for this week, so this is mine” Myungsoo said trying to get the ice cream but Woohyun didn’t let him and just pouted. Myungsoo gave up and just let out a sigh.

 

“You still haven’t answered my question Namu. I’m guessing some

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter