Be My Date, Please?

All For You

 

 

 

"OK, girls..." their class president, Sylvia, said as she pass around small pieces of paper. Sunnee took a paper, and read what's written on it. "Vote where you want our Graduation Ball should be held" it says. Sunnee looked at Sylvia, who's still passing the papers. "Admin approved the Grad Ball proposal. We just need to know where you want it to be held!" she said in a very loud voice. Eunice, who was the vice president, approached Sylvia. "Sylvia, we can hear you, you don't have to shout..." she whispered.

 

 

 

 

 

Sunnee just put the paper away, and went back to what she was doing a while ago - writing. Lucia noticed that Sunnee didn't pay any attention to the paper, so she approached her. "Sunnee! This is the first time in 10 million light years that the admin approved the Grad Ball. You have to vote!" she said. Sunnee looked back at her and smiled. "It's OK, I'm not coming." she said casually. Lucia was shocked with what she heard. "You're. Not. Coming. To the Grad Ball?" she asked. Sunnee smiled and nodded her head.

 

 

 

 

 

Lucia took the empty seat beside her and began to talk in a low voice. "Girl, if not all would come to the Grad Ball, the admin will not push through with it? Would you want to ruin everyone's high school memories? For all we know, we're the only school that doesn't have a Prom or a Grad Ball!" she said. "Lucia, why should I go if I don't have a date?"

 

"Well, you have me, Cosmos and Eunice!"

 

"You'll go with your boyfriend, Cosmos will go with her brother, and Eunice will go with the guy that her parents arranged her to be married to. That leaves me all alone. I better not go..."

 

 

 

 

 

She went back to writing her notes, and left Lucia thinking what to do to make Sunnee go to the Grad Ball. While thinking, Lucia stared outside the window. Just then, she saw Dylan together with his friends. She looked back at Sunnee, then looked back at Dylan, and finally looking back at Sunnee. Sunnee could sense that Lucia was staring at her, and she was right. When she turned to Lucia, she saw her looking at her, with a goofy smile on her face. "What?"

 

"I have a plan!" she said excitedly. Sunnee shook her head, as she took a deep breath. "Give it up, Lucia... Grad Ball's gonna be held in a few months, so don't plan yet."

 

"I know," Lucia said, still smiling. "but it's long enough to get with my plan for you..."

 

 

 

 

 

=====================================================================

 

"What?" Sunnee shouted at Lucia when she told her "the plan" later that after. They were at the school's waiting area. "I can't do that! It's so not me. Besides, I'm a girl, he's the guy, and he should ask me first." she continued, then she turn her back from her friend. "Well, how could he ask you? Does he know you?" Lucia snapped back. Realizing her friend was right, Sunnee faced her again. "OK, so he does not know me, but why should I do that?" she asked. Just then, Cosmos and Eunice came, and they heard everything Sunnee said. "Do what?" Cosmos asked. The two girls looked back, and they say Eunice and Cosmos approaching them. Lucia smiled, because she knew that the two would back her up and pester Sunnee until she agrees with them. "Good thing you're here!" Lucia said. I was just telling Sunnee about my plan..."

 

 

 

 

 

Cosmos and Eunice exchange looks. "Plan? What plan? How come we didn't know this?" Eunice asked. Sunnee smiled at them. "Because it's a ridiculous plan that I will not do." she said. Lucia started to explain everything to her friends. "Well, the plan is to get Sunnee a date for the Grad Ball since she doesn't want to attend. And the plan is, Sunnee will ask Dylan to be his date."

 

 

 

 

 

As expected by Lucia, Cosmos and Eunice sided with her. "I don't see anything wrong with that. Why don't you ask Dylan to be your date? I know you're going to have a blast!" Cosmos said. Sunnee was silent. Her friends knew her well, and anyway, she's been dreaming to have Dylan as her partner for the Grad Ball. She decided to go with the plan. "At least I can be close to Dylan if I ask him to be my date..." she thought. She turned to her friends again and smiled. "OK. I'll do it."

 

 

 

 

 

======================================================================

 

 

 

 

 

Little did they know, Sam heard what the girls were talking. "In your dreams, nerd!" he thought as he eavesdrop on Sunnee's group. "You out of my friend's league. He'll just turn you down."

 

 

 

 

 

He watched a the four girls cheered and left the school. After they left, Brent and Dylan came at the waiting area. "What's up man!" Dylan said as he pat Sam's shoulder. "Well, nothing... just eavesdropping on some high school girls' conversation..." he said. Sam looked outside the date, and she saw the four girls waiting for a ride. "Dylan, see that girl with the thick glasses..." he said as she pointed to Sunnee. Both Dylan and Brent looked outside and watched Sunnee. "Yeah, I know her. Sunnee Yang, the honor student from high school department. What about her?" Dylan asked. "Apparently, they have a Grad Ball, and the poor girl does not have a date. She plans to ask you to her date." Sam said.

 

 

 

 

 

Dylan just stared at Sunnee until they were able to get a ride. He heard a lot of news about Sunnee being a klutz. "He reminds me of someone who's dear to me..." he thought. "So, Dylan..." he heard Sam call him. "If she asked you to be her date, you're gonna turn her down, right?"

 

"Nope. Not at all." Dylan said. He's two friends were surprised. "What? She's not even half as pretty as the cheerleaders, man!"

 

"I know that. Beside, I want to date a nerd anyway. I'll just give her a chance..." he said.

 

 

 

 

 

Brent and Sam shook their heads in disbelief. "But, I have a plan for her..." he continued. The two guys gave hima confused look. "Plan?" they asked. Dylan looked at them, and gave them a devilish smile. "Just wait and see..."

 

 

 

 

 

==================================================================

 

 

 

 

 

Plan A:

 

 

 

 

 

"Hey, there he is!" Lucia said excitedly the moment they saw Dylan the next day. It was right after their class, and luckily, the varsity team were practicing for the upcoming basketball tournament at the court. Lucia and Cosmos pulled Sunnee, who's still hesitant to ask him to be her date. "Guys... don't do that, you'll only make me nervous!" she shouted. As soon as they're near the court, they let Sunnee go. "Ask him after the practice." Lucia commanded. Sunnee gave her a surprised look. "What? With all of his team mates around?" she said. "Just wait till he's alone.

 

 

 

 

 

While waiting for him to finish, they decided to watch them play. Sunnee secretly cheered for Dylan whenever she throw the ball. "You're so great, and handsome, and cute..." she thought dreamily. Before she knew it, the ball was about to hit her face. "Look out!" Dylan shouted. Before she knew it and before she could move, the ball hit her. She fell on the ground.

 

 

 

 

 

She became unconscious for a few second, and when she opened her eyes, she saw Dylan helping her up. "Are you OK?" he asked in a worried tone. She was dumbfound when she saw him, and she smiled, well, dumbly (if there is such a word...). "I'm OK..." she said in her cutest voice. "Next time, be careful or you might damage this ball!" he shouted at her, changing his tone from being worried to mad. He left her still sitting on the ground, and the only thing she could do is pout. "What a jerk..." she heard Eunice said. "It's OK..." she said as her friends help her up. "It's my fault anyway. I should've been more careful." she explained.

 

 

 

 

 

PLAN A: Failed

 

 

 

 

 

===================================================================

 

 

 

 

 

PLAN B:

 

 

 

 

 

The next plan is for Sunnee to wait for Dylan at the front lobby, and ask him. They waited for him for two hours, then after that, Dylan came. "Come on, Sunnee! This is your chance!" Eunice said as she pulled Sunnee from her set. Sunnee took a deep breath and followed Dylan. Just then, she heard footsteps from behind. When looked back, she saw all the grade schoolers running down to the lobby. It was to late to get out of the way because they were already approaching her. One of the little boys managed to knock her down, and so, she fell on the floor while the grade schoolers ran over her. She passed out.

 

 

 

 

 

PLAN B: Failed

 

 

 

 

 

=================================================================

 

 

 

 

 

PLAN C:

 

 

 

 

 

"That's it! I don't want to ask him anymore!" she said as they went to the waiting area that same day she was run over by some grade one students. She was annoyed, especially when her friends about being knocked down by a little boy. "Don't laugh, or I'll never ever be friends with you ever again." she said in an irritated tone. "I'm sorry, I couldn't help it..." Cosmos said, still laughing. Lucia pat her back and smiled at her. "I'm sorry, Sunnee. I shouldn't have made you do this plan. I just want your high school year memorable..." she said. Sunnee looked at her and held her hand. "I know you mean well, Lucia. Maybe he's not meant to be my date. Maybe I'm not meant to go to that Grad ball..."

 

"Or maybe, you're meant to go to the Grad ball with a different date. Don't worry, I'll ask Win to be your date." Eunice said.

 

 

 

 

 

Win is the classmate of Eunice's fiance. Sunnee have met the guy, and he's not as bad as he seems. But the thing is, the guy's gay. "Win? No way! He'll just hit on other guys!" she shouted. While the three were talking on how to help Sunnee find a date, she saw Dylan walking towards the gate. She decided to stick with the plan, so she immediately approached him.

 

 

 

 

 

===========================================================================

 

 

 

 

 

She was standing face to face with her long time crush. It could've been easy - she just have to ask him directly to be her date on the Grad Ball, but no words came out of . "What do you want?" Dylan asked in a irritated tone. "I... I... I..." Sunnee stuttered. "What?" he said in a loud voice, making her more nervous. "I... I..." she stuttered again. She took a deep breath and looked up at him again. "Be my date! On our Grad Ball! Please!" she shouted at the top of her lungs. All the students passing by them stopped and looked at them.Even those who were just passing by the streets stopped and stared at her. When she noticed that everybody's looking at her because of what she said, she wanted to melt. "Oh great! You just made a complete fool of yourself..." she thought. She lowered her head because of shame.

 

 

 

 

 

Dylan gave her a devilish smile. "I knew you're gonna ask me!" he said. "OK, I'll be your date." he continued. Sunnee looked up at him and smiled. She can't believe he actually said yes.

 

 

 

 

 

PLAN C: SUCCESS! MISSION ACCOMPLISH.

 

 

 

 

 

"But..." Dylan continued. "You have to do one thing..." Sunnee just nodded, as she eagerly listen to what Dylan's about to say. "I'll do everything you say, Dylan." she said. "Good... in return for this favor, I want you to be my slave starting tomorrow, until the day of the Grad Ball..."