008

What is Love?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Seulgi kissed her.

Kang Seulgi, her best childhood friend, kissed her.

She wasn’t joking at all and Joohyun was stunned because she was just blurting out nonsense things and a part of her knew Seulgi should’ve known that she wasn’t being serious—yet the other part of her lowkey enjoy it despite being so taken aback by it. Meanwhile, Seulgi was trying to savor the moment because Joohyun’s lips feels so good and she regretted it a little that she never kissed Joohyun back when they’re still in High School because there are more than plenty of chances to do it.

After a few seconds (or minutes, perhaps), Seulgi pulls back from the kiss.

She looks at Joohyun softly, “Stop crying. I really can’t see you cry.”

Joohyun was still in a bit of a daze but she still can produce a blush across her face. She did stop crying too altogether but her mind was still somewhere else on the cloud. Suddenly, all Joohyun can think about was the kiss. She won’t deny about how good it felt too for her but she’s not going to say it out loud either. The kiss make Joohyun feel some unexplainable feelings in her chest and it’s bugging her mind so much.

And Joohyun want it again.

It’s bugging her mind, it’s making her feel weird, but she doesn’t hate it.

Maybe she likes it, she wasn’t entirely sure but she wants it again. It’s crazy the more Joohyun thinks about it. “Seulgi…” She muttered in a quiet voice that Seulgi almost miss it.

Seulgi, on the other hand, was trying to see the look on Joohyun’s face. It worries her that Joohyun doesn’t respond to her and Seulgi can’t stop wondering if Joohyun was angry at her for that kiss or if she doesn’t mind it. One thing for sure, the kiss did stop Joohyun from crying her eyes out and she figured Joohyun’s silence means she’s not pissed at her, so Seulgi starts caressing Joohyun’s cheek gently.

“I love you, Joohyun… So much…” Seulgi was trying hard to not get too emotional because she wasn’t aware that it could be this hard to make Joohyun realize that her feelings are always sincere. “More than anything in this world.” She finished.

It may be too much to say that, yet Seulgi couldn’t find a better way to say it.

However, Seulgi should know better than to confess at that moment. Because none of them were able to think clearly. Seulgi was getting too emotional and Joohyun was feeling a lot of things at once that she ends up doing something, she would most likely regret. Joohyun didn’t know what urge her to do it, she feels like as if she was possessed by some kind of demon.

But the moment Joohyun move one of her hands up to reach out Seulgi’s collar, she knew she had given up her pride because the next thing she knew, there was no more gap between her and Seulgi. Her lips are back and attached with Seulgi’s in a second kiss.

Joohyun, who was not unfamiliar with the concept of kissing on the lips and far more experienced than Seulgi, starts to manipulate the kiss. It was hot, that’s what Joohyun is feeling—and probably Seulgi too. Maybe it’s because it has been so long for Joohyun, she couldn’t even remember the last time she did it with her ex-husband. Maybe that’s why this feels so…fresh and new and exciting.

It feels different.

A good kind of different.

And Joohyun couldn’t get enough of it.

One kiss eventually turned into kisses the more they take their time. It gets deeper each time they parted for a second, it gets more sensual with the way Seulgi taking a tight gentle grip on Joohyun’s waist and Joohyun was so close to ripping Seulgi’s shirt right there and then.

But alas, the two still run out of air and unwillingly pulls away.

Seulgi has her eyes close the entire time, breathing heavily and she draw small circles on Joohyun’s clothed waist. Only then after a moment does Seulgi realize what just happened.

“…I’m sorry.” She whispered due to their close proximity distance.

Joohyun didn’t even look up and Seulgi couldn’t see what was written on the older woman’s face. Was it relief? Or was it regret? Or maybe both…? Seulgi doesn’t know. She can only watch how Joohyun touches her own lips with her fingertips. Maybe reeling on the feeling of kissing Seulgi earlier or maybe she couldn’t believe that she and Seulgi just made out.

Seulgi felt guilty though, she felt like she was taking advantage of her. “I… I’ll take you home—”

“No, Seulgi… I’ll go by myself.”

And then Joohyun leaves the room without even sparing a little glance nor waiting for an answer from Seulgi. She ran for the cab that’s been waiting for her for more than thirty minutes already. When she finally sat down in the car, she is finally hit by a huge realization about everything. Everything that happened in that room with Seulgi. It feels so familiar yet far too foreign, the feeling, the experience, and it scares Joohyun.

She felt like she was drunk the whole time and only just now she was thrown with a bucket of frozen ice, making her sober—too sober to handle it.

Joohyun couldn’t lie that the kiss she shared with Seulgi was indeed felt so different compared to the many kisses she got from her ex-husband. There was this sensation she never felt before. There was comfort but also this burning feeling and everything is just draining her sanity.

Yes, her sanity.

Other than pleasure and unexplainably feelings, Joohyun also feels bad for herself. She just got into a divorce and not even twenty-four hours have passed, her lips were already attached to someone else’s. A woman, to top it all off.

She really is losing her mind.

When she got home, she was greeted by her worried daughter because Seungwan told her that her mother will come before dinner and yet, it is way passed dinner now. She sees how the secretary’s eyes narrows at her but she didn’t say anything to Joohyun. She did say she’ll go home now that Yerim’s mother is present.

“Mama!” She runs toward her mother who catch her in her arms. “Mama, why did you take so long? Where were you? Have you eaten?” Yerim asked with a cute frown on her face.

With a smile, Joohyun replies, “That should’ve been my line. But don’t worry, I’ve eaten earlier.” She merely lied so her daughter won’t get worried and pester her to eat. She’s really not feeling any appetite after all that happened. “Have you been a good girl today?” She asked, sitting down on the carpeted floor next to her daughter who’s no focusing back on her drawing.

“Yes, Mama!” Joohyun leans closer, trying to peak at Yerim’s drawing. “Bear Aunty promised me she’ll take me to play at the park if I be a good kid and so I did!” She then tries to cover her paper with her body, sealing it from her mother’s eyes. “Mama, don’t look!”

It startled Joohyun a bit, but only for a second before she chuckles. “Alright, I’

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter