010

What is Love?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Days pass by and season after season changes. However, Seulgi and Joohyun stays the same but Seulgi is still grateful because her relationship with Joohyun’s daughter has improved a lot. For the little girl, Seulgi is like a missing ‘father’ figure as well as a really close best friend. Seulgi would take her to the park, to the zoo, the ocean, planetarium and other recreation places she can take her to.

And now winter is rolling in and that means the holiday is just around the corner.

Seulgi was excited because holiday means she can spend more time with Joohyun and Yerim and she has been planning a special day out with them. She pitched the idea little by little at Joohyun, letting her know about her ‘little’ plan for the holiday and every single time Joohyun would give her a rather vague answer. She’s always specific about one thing though and that is for Seulgi to not spend too much money on them.

No matter how many times Seulgi said she didn’t mind it, Joohyun still feel like she’s owing Seulgi every time and she doesn’t want that. She owed Seulgi so much already from the moment she asked for her help for her divorce. Seulgi literally took them in, gave them a place to live and been taking care of them as if they’re her own family. For Seulgi, they are family. But Joohyun still hesitate when it comes to that.

The two learned to not mess with that topic anymore. Joohyun learned that she really doesn’t want Seulgi to go away again and there’s no way to stop Seulgi from doing all these things for her family, so she’s come to just accept them. Joohyun made it clear that there’s this line Seulgi shouldn’t cross for the amount of money she can spend on them and if she wants to get them anything for no occasion, Joohyun should be notified first-hand and she also should decide whether or not Seulgi can purchase it for them. It’s unreasonable and a bit too much maybe, she admits, but it’s better than asking Seulgi to stop altogether.

Before agreeing, Seulgi did argue a little, however.

She agreed, but an exception is allowed when it comes to special events like birthdays or celebration of some sort. Joohyun thinks a grand gesture for every once in a while, is okay, so she said yes to her condition and they’re settled with that.

Even so, Seulgi still managed to do a little more without Joohyun’s knowledge.

Seulgi set up an insurance account for the mother and daughter. Plus, an education insurance for Yerim, it will definitely help them get good education for the long run. It’s important because as someone who deals with cases in court, Seulgi has seen a few people who struggled so much asking for help because they had no insurance to cover for many expenses. Some even gave up because they really didn’t get help at all and Seulgi doesn’t want that to happen to Joohyun at all. She needs to make sure that Joohyun and her daughter are well taken care of.

Simultaneously, Seulgi also still want to give them things they can enjoy.

One of those things are taking Joohyun and her daughter to an event they both will definitely enjoy. With the holidays coming up very soon, Seulgi thinks this is the perfect time and maybe she and Joohyun can have more progress on their relationship. She didn’t hope for much, she especially didn’t want Joohyun to feel burdened or worse thinking she would have to return Seulgi’s feelings since Seulgi helped her so much already.

All Seulgi wanted was for Joohyun to accept her as she is and if she would fall for Seulgi, then Seulgi only want Joohyun to truly fall for her simply because of who Seulgi is, not for all the things Seulgi can give her and her family.

But that can wait.

Seulgi have waited for more than a decade now, just a little more won’t hurt.

Right now, she needs to focus on her surprise for Yerim.

Yerim love winter. She loves everything related to it and that includes, the snow, the cold weather, santa, gifts and counting on the days to Christmas day. She even loves it even more than her own birthday. That’s why Seulgi had to make sure that Yerim will spend the best winter and Christmas she ever had—no, this is not about trying to do better than what Yerim’s dad did years prior, this is about making Yerim happy.

Joohyun let Seulgi know when exactly Yerim’s holiday going to start, which is today.

The first little surprise was to show up at Yerim’s school and pick her up from there. Joohyun already told her daughter that Seulgi has a surprise for Yerim and that she should behave until then. It’s safe to say that Yerim has been really good.

“Bear Aunty!” The little girl screamed excitedly, running towards the said aunt.

Seulgi was ready to catch her and lift her up in her arms. Yerim have grown quite a bit since the first time Seulgi met her, she’s grown a bit taller and also a little heavier—but it’s nothing Seulgi couldn’t handle, she can still hold Yerim in her arms with little to no struggle.

She didn’t waste time standing there because she has a pretty big plan for today, so she turns and starts walking toward the car with Yerim in her arms. Seulgi’s second little surprise was to get Yerim her favorite vanilla ice cream.

“I heard you’ve been such a good girl, so here’s a little something from me.” She said, handing the box of ice cream, then pinches the little girl’s chubby cheek lightly.

“Wow…” Yerim’s eyes widen because this has got to be the first time, she sees so much ice cream in a box and it’s all hers. But then, she started thinking about her mother and how she’s strict to not let Yerim have too much of it. “But Mama said too much ice cream is not good…” She said, a little gloomy yet still holding the box of ice cream in her arms.

“And your mama’s right. That’s why we’ll leave it to her to keep that for you, okay?”

Yerim nods as her smile grows back.

“Good girl.” Seulgi smiles, pulling out a stick of vanilla ice cream. “You can have this for now and we’ll keep it a secret from mama, deal?”

With a bigger smile, Yerim puts out her thumb.

Seulgi then starts up her car again and told her that they’ll be getting her mother before starting the actual big plan Seulgi has for Yerim—and her mother too, of course.

“You wait here and finish that ice cream, okay? I’ll be quick to get your mom and don’t forget to lock the door.” After receiving an affirmative nod from the little girl, Seulgi got off the car and quickly head to Joohyun’s apartment floor.

Once there, She proceeded to invite herself in with cautious just in case someone else entered Joohyun’s place with malicious intention because it was so silent at the apartment, almost as if it was empty, but then she heard rustling from Joohyun’s room.

Seulgi tried to not think negatively as she walks toward the bedroom and pushes the slightly opened door. “Joohyun? Are you ready—” And then she froze at the sight before her.

It was Joohyun, in the middle of dressing herself up—she just finished putting on her underwear.

“I… , I’m sorry—!” Seulgi said with a rather loud panicky voice before slamming the door close with too much force. She starts cracking her knuckles out of nervous, cursing inside her head yet she also couldn’t erase the image of Joohyun in her underwear. Stop it, Seulgi! What the hell are you thinking?! Oh God, she must think I’m a ert now! Great, perfect—just perfect, Kang Seulgi—

Seulgi’s mind stopped abruptly when she heard the bedroom door opened and Joohyun—now decently in her full outfit—emerging from there and walks toward Seulgi. . Seulgi cursed once again, not knowing what to do or if she has the courage to even face Joohyun. Joohyun, however, has her head down seemingly to avoid looking at Seulgi in the eyes. She, too, was feeling embarrassed that Seulgi had walk in on her in the middle of changing and quite honestly, she didn’t know if she should say anything about it.

She and Seulgi had been s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter