011

What is Love?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Seulgi didn’t want to waste this moment away, she wanted to take a picture of all three of them but both of her arms are currently occupied by two of her most favorite people in the world. So, she asked for Joohyun’s help.

“Hyun, can you get my phone? It’s in my pocket.” Joohyun moves back a little, trying to reach for Seulgi’s pocket and get the lawyer’s phone.

“Sorry,” She muttered before pulling it out. “Um…do you want to call someone?”

“No, but… Can you take photo of us?”

“Oh, yeah, sure—” Joohyun’s heart almost skip a beat the moment she sees Seulgi’s lockscreen. It was a photo of her and Yerim. It almost feels like that time she snooped around Seulgi’s old phone and the moment she found out that Seulgi had always have feelings for her. She pushed the nostalgic feeling and parted from Seulgi’s arms. She took three small steps backwards. “Okay, ready?”

“Yerimmie, look here.” Seulgi said and the said girl turned.

Joohyun was quick to press the shutter and take three photos.

“You got it?”

Joohyun hums, feeling herself smile at the one of the photos where Yerim was caught smiling so happily in Seulgi’s arms and even Seulgi’s smile almost matching her daughter’s. Within seconds, Joohyun was back to Seulgi’s side, with Seulgi leaning closer to see the phone screen.

She heard and feel Seulgi chuckles before saying, “Let’s take a selfie now, all three of us.”

Jooyun hesitated for a second because she doesn’t usually take a selfie very often. “Okay.” She agreed eventually. She put the camera’s on selfie mode and thanks to Joohyun’s short limbs, Seulgi ends up being off frame.

Seeing this, Seulgi press herself closer to Joohyun.

Joohyun took up-to five photos and in the third one, both Seulgi and Joohyun started cracking up seeing their faces on the phone screen. Despite that, Joohyun still presses the shutter whilst laughing. But in the fifth photo, Seulgi was captured smiling with this soft look as she looks at Joohyun’s smile when she’s laughing. Anyone who sees that look on Seulgi’s face can tell that Seulgi is really in love with Joohyun.

They didn’t stay there for long after that, mainly because it’s starting to get really late in the night. So, they all walked back to the car. Seulgi still holds Yerim in her arms but was no longer laughing, excitedly screaming or even talking, because she was asleep there. Joohyun did tell Seulgi to let Joohyun hold her daughter because Seulgi’s been carrying her for more nearly two hours now.

Seulgi, obviously, refused with an excuse that she doesn’t want to wake Yerim from her slumber. She only asked Joohyun to help open the car’s backdoor. She then very carefully put Yerim in the backseat.

“Oh wow, now I can feel all the sore muscles.” Seulgi joked yet she wasn’t exactly joking about having her muscles sore. Moreover, the walk to the parking lot was pretty far as well, so that’s already a challenge in itself.

Joohyun rolls her eyes. “That’s what you get when you didn’t listen to me.”

The lawyer giggles a little.

“It’s not funny.” Joohyun sighs. “Let’s just go now, so you can immediately rest.”

“Wait, Joohyun…” Seulgi reached out to one of her hands, stopping Joohyun from walking further to the passenger seat on the other side of the car.

Joohyun stops and turns, she didn’t resist the hold and waits for Seulgi.

“Thank you for today.” Seulgi whispered with a very genuine tone. Joohyun can really tell.

The older woman frowns, then chuckles. “Isn’t that supposed to be my line?”

Seulgi didn’t say anything else after that.

Joohyun can’t tell if there is more Seulgi wanted to say because the look on her face was as if she wanted to say more or she wanted to do something but hesitates. All Joohyun knew was that their distance is getting smaller and next thing she realized, Seulgi was right in front of her.

Joohyun had to look up a little because Seulgi is taller than her.

She lowkey love the fact that Seulgi is taller but not too tall that her neck hurts from looking at her in such close proximity. It’s just the right height for Joohyun’s perspective. Joohyun also realized that her hand is still clasped in Seulgi’s and it feels warmer by the second.

No words were exchanged between the two of them.

“I love you, Joohyun.”

Then Seulgi bends down a little, and land a quick light kiss on Joohyun’s lips.

A second kiss.

Joohyun didn’t protest or say anything and Seulgi thinks it’s a good sign because that means Joohyun doesn’t mind about the kiss. If anything, maybe she actually enjoyed it. She was glad that the parking lot was empty, Joohyun doesn’t think she would be as okay as she is now if there are people walking around and catch them kissing in public.

She wanted to at least tell Seulgi to not do such thing in public, but she decided to let it slide for once. Seulgi had done so much for her family, to make both Joohyun and her daughter happy. And today was such a great beautiful day, Joohyun doesn’t want to ruin it.

Aside from it being done in a public place, Joohyun still likes the kiss. She had to admit it the moment she realized she couldn’t get the feeling and image off her mind throughout the entire car ride to her apartment. She couldn’t deny it anymore that she likes the feeling of having Seulgi’s lips on hers.

When they arrived, Seulgi once again insisted to be the one taking Yerim to her room.

She put the little girl gently on the bed, putting the blanket over her and smiles when she sees the faint smile on Yerim’s face as she sleeps peacefully. It really was a long day after all.

Before leaving Yerim’s room, Seulgi stops by the door where Joohyun leans against the door frame, arms crossing in front of her chest. Seulgi smiles at her, then caresses Joohyun’s hair gently. “I prepared everything today for her…and for you too. So, don’t think too much about it. I wanted to do this for your family.”

Joohyun takes Seulgi’s hand from her head. “Still… I feel like I’m burdening you with possibilities that you shouldn’t be taking.”

“So what? You want to pay everything back to me?” Seulgi wasn’t being serious, she was just being a little sarcastic with that.

Joohyun was taken aback by that. Paying everything Seulgi has given her and Yerim would be such a huge debt. She believes even her whole year salary won’t be able to pay off everything back to Seulgi.

“Ah, I-I will—”

“Can I kiss you again?” Seulgi suddenly asks.

The truth is, Joohyun isn’t the only one who couldn’t stop thinking about their kiss from earlier. Seulgi couldn’t get enough of feeling Joohyun’s soft plump lips on her own. And the fact that Joohyun didn’t say anything about it and only proceed to act like it was ‘normal’ for the two of them, only convinces Seulgi that Joohyun might wanted it too. She didn’t even resist when Seulgi hold her hand, in fact, Joohyun hold her hand back like she always does.

When Joohyun heard her request, she froze in her spot. Her face turns red and she immediately recalled their kiss at the parking lot. But just like before, she was almost startled when Seulgi’s face was already in such close proximity with her own. She didn’t say anything, but instead starts biting her lower lip and close both of her eyes, waiting for Seulgi to close the gap.

After a couple seconds, Seulgi still hadn’t moved any closer, so she opens her eyes again and right at that moment, Seulgi kisses her lips deeply. It feels like Seulgi wanted Joohyun to look at her the moment she leans in and put her lips on hers. Seulgi wanted Joohyun to see that this is real.

It was intense, Joohyun can feel it.

She ended up clutching at Seulgi’s shirt by the arm. It then moves upwards until it rested and circled around the lawyer’s neck. What is this? Does this mean that Joohyun wants this to happen too? She wanted it and yet Seulgi is still merely just a best friend to her? None of them thinks about it at that moment, they’re only enjoying themselves.

It should’ve been only one kiss, but Seulgi couldn’t stop or more precisely, Joohyun doesn’t want to quit. Seulgi’s lips has been poisoning her mind ever since the first kissed in Seulgi’s office, it left her wanting more and more. Seulgi tried to resist herself having Joohyun like this…she never thought it would end up this far. Seulgi wasn’t entirely prepared for it, yet even so, Seulgi finds her own hands holding Joohyun by the waist.

She caresses her there, cautiously and gently.

When the kiss gets deeper, one of Seulgi’s hands slipped behind and landed on Joohyun’s bottom. That managed to startle Joohyun when she feels Seulgi’s palm there.

“Mama?”

The two of them was quick to tear themselves away from each other.

There, in her bed, Yerim was half-awake and yawning. Both of them felt stupid and curse at themselves for not being careful. But on the other side, Seulgi felt relieved too that Yerim interrupted their unexpected make out session. She was almost losing herself to the lust toward Joohyun, especially when Joohyun seems to want the same thing too. But it’s clear too that what Joohyun showed earlier was pure lust, thirst for ual relieve. It’s understandable because who knows if her ex-husband only had with her up to the point, she’s pregnant and the rest is him being ignorant. It’s normal if Joohyun desired for something gentle, which is something Seulgi can give her. It doesn’t necessarily mean Joohyun is in love with her.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter