Chapter 2

Zero Regrets (A Mamamoo Fanfic)

Ten days before the night of the questionable incidents.

 

Hearing yelling all over the campus was nothing new. And Wheein knew exactly who those yells belonged to. Just as she rounded the corner of the hallway, she was faced with the sources of all that noise.

“Now, how is it my fault that you two look like twins? You even have the same chubby cheeks! It’s impossible not to point it out!” Hyejin claimed in a loud voice as she crossed her arms over her chest defensively, her cheeks puffing slightly. To Wheein it looked exactly like what a little girl would do in an argument so she couldn’t help the small smile that spread on her face to see her usually ‘badass’ best friend acting like this.

“Hyejin! I told you to stop it already!” Said a flustered white haired girl as she looked around at the people passing by, who couldn’t help laugh at the two arguing. It was obvious she was embarrassed by their very public conversation, but she didn’t seem to realize it was partly her fault for also being loud.  How could Wheein begin to explain the phenomenon that was Moon Byul Yi?

They had met on Wheein’s first week at RBW College. They instantly had a connection when they sat next to each other at a coffee shop and Wheein noticed a tattoo on Byul’s leg of a small Corgi puppy. They quickly began to bond over their cute pets, they shared pictures and were soon sending each other videos of funny cats. To everyone that met her, Byul was someone who came off as cool and collected. She was likely to be found hanging around campus, wearing her blue coverall and a smirk on her face. She always seemed to have men and women around, who treated her as if she were an actual star. Wheein couldn’t help but wonder how they would react if they knew the real Byul Yi. The greasy, clumsy, bit of an idiot, extremely adorable girl that loved to dance and friends. And if only they knew that no matter how hard they tried to win Byul over, the white haired woman’s heart already belonged to someone. Someone who…didn’t seem to return her affections. But Wheein knew better, she knew Yong Sun was just too full of pride to admit she liked someone as childish as Byul.

Finally, Wheein noticed a third person sitting next to her friends. The guy known as Byul’s lost twin, Lee Minhyuk, who seemed just as flustered as his ‘sister’. Wheein chuckled and made her way over to Hyejin, placing her arm around the taller girl’s shoulders

“Hyejinah we should respect our elders!” She stuck her tongue out to MoonByul as a greeting and also to make fun of her.

“Plus, you two are embarrassing Minhyuk, his head might explode any second. And we don’t want our beloved Unnie to lose her brother, now do we?” Hyejin smirked at Wheein’s words and not even Byul could hold back a laugh as Minhyuk groaned and pouted, begging the girls to stop with his eyes.

“This is what I get for hanging with kids, honestly” Another laugh was shared, this time by the whole group. Minhyuk was clearly not Moon Byul’s twin, seeing as he was four years older than her. They were not even related, they just happened to have met at a class, the first class Minhyuk was teaching in fact. He had been hired not even a week before and his first class was a total disaster when all his students could talk about was their resemblance. Thankfully, it had passed with time. What didn’t pass was the friendship formed between the two, which stood until this day.

“So, Unnie, what do you know of Yong Sun Unnie? Her first day at work was today right? And at such an important company too! I’ve heard their Public Relations department is extremely competitive” Wheein moved to sit at the table, in front of Minhyuk and Byul Yi. She patted the spot next to her for Hyejin to sit but the woman quickly sat down on her lap and began to pout at Wheein “She was mean to me first, I swear” She whispered and Wheein nodded at her, she knew that was a blatant lie but how to contradict your best friend when she was pouting? “I know, I know. Meanie Byul” She whispered back.

Moon Byul rolled her eyes at the scene but decided not to comment on it. Hyejin was the baby of the group anyway, she got to get away with things like this “Yeah, she seemed rather nervous but I told her everything was going to go just fine. She knows what she’s doing. Sure, it might be a big company but Yong Sun graduated top of her class, they wouldn’t hire someone who wasn’t ready for the position anyway” It was inevitable that as soon as she started to talk about the pink haired woman, a small smile showed on Byul’s face.

“Wow, time sure moves fast. I mean, Hyejin, you graduate this year! Soon, you’ll have your own restaurant and you’ll be inviting us to go try your amazing dishes. And Byul, if you hadn’t dropped out, you too would have graduated with Yong Sun” Minhyuk looked at woman next to him “By the way, why do I always see you around campus if you don’t even study here anymore? Shouldn’t you be at the auto repair shop right now?” Byul smirked mischievously and shrugged at the question “I work like ten minutes away from here and I give it my all every morning, so I take breaks to come visit you all after lunch! Plus, Yong Sun always sends me to check on her babies, now that she can’t look after them herself” She pointed at the pair sitting across from them, who seemed to be in their own world again.

Wheein was brought back to reality when she felt a kick on her shin, she jumped slightly and groaned at the pain. She shot a glare to Byul, who was laughing at her reaction “You see? This is why we tease you when we can, Unnie” She huffed and rolled her eyes “I’m the only one who will be stuck here forever. I’m just halfway through. And then three more years of residency. Why did I think studying medicine was a good idea?”

“Because you want to help kids? And besides, I think is hella cute what you are doing, Hweeinah!” Byul smiled brightly and Wheein felt her heart warming up. She was so happy she had such good friends. Then Byul continued “I mean, where else will you find a puppy who wants to become a doctor to help kids? It’s so cute!”

Wheein stared with a blank expression as Byul and Minhyuk laughed. She waited patiently until it was the right moment. And as soon as the laughter began to die down, she pointed at them “Hyejin…attack!” Let’s just say, the students of RBW had been given a few precious minutes of peace before war broke again between the loud group of friends.