Chapter 3

Zero Regrets (A Mamamoo Fanfic)

Five days until the night of the questionable events

 

Some days, Wheein found herself wondering what she must have done in a past life to deserve her current one. It had to have been something bad. Because there was just simply no other way to explain why she was making her way down to the police station at three a.m. to bail out the two idiots that had gotten themselves arrested. Well, she was kind of going just for her idiot, the other one was Moon Byul’s responsibility.

It was freezing and the streets were mostly empty, except for the occasional drunk and the shady guy looking to sell her something. Wheein knew that thanks to her height she looked approachable and to a certain degree, soft and weak. Which is why she showed her teaser to anyone that came a meter from her, just to watch them turn away immediately. ‘Yeah, that’s right, you better run and pray to God I don’t tease you just for the fun of it’. It was clear that the power was going to her head rather quickly.

Once she finally arrived to the police station she noticed Byul was already there. She frowned softly and approached her friend “MoonByul? Why are you sitting outside? Is everything okay? Did they take them to a different station?” She asked worriedly, looking down at the other woman who simply shook her head “Hey. Nah, everything is okay, I just thought…It’s a beautiful night! So I went to get a couple of coffees and sat down to admire it. I mean, it’s not like they are going anywhere, right?” Wheein frowned and stared in silence, was Moon Byul implying what she thought she was implying? Was she going to leave Yong Sun in there on purpose?

The short blonde nodded a few times and sat down next to her friend, reaching out for the coffee being offered to her “It is a beautiful night, you’re right!” She said happily and sipped on the hot coffee, feeling the beverage warming her up “What happened anyway? I just got one call from Hyejin, she told me where to get the money from and to come quickly before an officer told her the time was up and that she had to hang up”

“I went inside earlier to check on them and talked to one of the officers, apparently they were drunk and were yelling angrily at a cat, chasing it in the middle of the street” Wheein rolled her eyes, of course alcohol had been involved. And she had told quite clearly to Hyejin not to go drink without her because they always ended up in trouble. At least Wheein could handle most situations.

“The police was called when they both began to cry and apologize to the cat after it had gotten tired of them and scratched them. The officer told me they mostly brought them in for their own protection but I think they still believe they were actually arrested” Moon Byul chuckled softly at the last part, shaking her head “I think the officers found it quite amusing, cause they were acting all tough with them but would turn around, away from them when they couldn’t hold back their laughter”

Wheein laughed, because honestly, if she had been one of the officers, she would be pulling their leg too. And she was so glad the arrest hadn’t been over a bigger issue. Because she knew how aggressive Hyejin could get when she had been drinking...Basically the same that when she was sober, just that drunk she couldn’t run fast enough to escape the problem.

The two women sat there, drinking their coffee and chatting softly, mocking their friends now that they could do nothing about it. About thirty minutes passed before they both decided that the two girls must have had enough and went inside to get them.

The officers insisted they didn’t have to pay a bail since they were not really charged with anything but Wheein still decided to go buy coffee and donuts for the officers as an apology for having to deal with their drunk idiots. They seemed very thankful for the food and everything went smooth from there. Moon Byul had to fill out just a couple of forms and not even five minutes later, all four women were finally reunited.

“Wheein! You sweet angel! Have I told you how much I love you!” Said Hyejin, her arms spread as she walked towards the blonde, hoping to get a hug. But Wheein glared at her best friend and pinched her cheek “Don’t even try, Hyejinah! You will apologize to this nice officers for the trouble you caused them. And then we’re going home. And don’t even think you’re out of trouble now, you’ll be grounded for the rest of the month, you hear me? No going out after class”

After both Yong Sun and Hyejin apologized, all four exited the police station, Hyejin with a red cheek and a huge pout on her face, she kept mumbling over how unfair this was but everyone was ignoring her.

“I called a couple of cabs already. You girls take the first one. I’ll just drop Yong Sun off first and head home” Byul said, staring down the ground. Wheein frowned and wanted to ask what had happened but she remembered that while she was grounding Hyejin, it seemed like Byul and Yong Sun were fighting, she couldn’t catch anything they were saying since they were whispering but now she was certain they had quite a strong fight. She really hoped they would stop this already and that soon they would be honest with each other because they were just hurting themselves acting like that.

The cab showed up shortly after that and after saying goodbye to the MoonSun duo, as Hyejin had named them, they headed to their dorms at campus.

“I mean, it’s not like we won’t be in a worse situation in just five days so I don’t see what the big deal is with last night” Wheein heard Hyejin whispering. She frowned and turned towards her pouting friend “Did you say something Hyejinah?” The blonde asked, not sure if she had heard right and decided to let it go when the black haired woman just shook her head and looked out the window.

Wheein sighed, she didn’t like being mad at her best friend, not even if she was clearly the one in the wrong. Her hand reached out to grab Hyejin’s hand and gave it a soft squeeze “You may be grounded but that doesn’t mean we can’t stay in your room watching crappy horror movies while enjoying some delicious ice cream” And with Hyejin’s smile, everything felt great in Wheein’s world once more.