Chapter 7

Zero Regrets (A Mamamoo Fanfic)

As Wheein was trying to find some signal to send the picture, Moon Byul was busy trying to think of a way to save their lives. Rain had begun just a couple of minutes earlier and this obviously made driving fast a lot harder, she was glad she was a good driver and that she had taken the wheel, knowing Hyejin would have already crashed them somewhere.

Wheein’s attention was pulled away from her phone by the consistent honks of the car following them. She could see the car was slowly getting closer and closer. Gulping, she turned towards the front of the car “Guys, they are approaching and fast, we need to do something” She said nervously, looking at the oldest member of the group, hoping she would have the answers. But she could tell Solar was not in her best state of mind, with everything that had happened this last couple of days.

“Okay, I have an idea, but you have to do what I say, okay? If you don’t, things won’t turn out great for any of us. Promise you will listen to me” Moon Byul said and one by one, the other women agreed “Great…Here we go” She said, before her foot crushed the gas. Wheein squealed, Seulgi’s car was clearly not made to go fast and it was starting to make some really weird noises.

Hyejin was checking her nails with an uninterested look on her face and Wheein could not believe her. The black haired girl noticed her friend looking at her and shrugged “What? I already accepted we’re going to die, you should too Wheeinah. Plus you’re going to go to the good place, it’s where all puppies go to” The blonde rolled her eyes at her friend and focused on the back, noticing they were now leaving the other car behind.

A few minutes went by, where the girls now thought they were safe, they had quite clearly managed to put some distance between the other car and them. Suddenly, Byul stopped the car and moved to the side of the road “Get out. Hide there, behind those bushes. I’ll be back soon. I’m just going to lose them” Hyejin and Wheein nodded and made their way out of the car quickly but Solar shook her head “Why would you need us to leave the car if you were just going to lose them, Moon Byul Yi? What are you planning to do?” The pink haired girl raised her eyebrow at her friend and Byul rolled her eyes “Jesus, Yong Sun. You promised you would listen. You are not the only one who can have good ideas in this group” Byul replied, sending a glare to the other woman before looking away. Solar looked shocked for a second before making her way out onto the heavy rain. She made her way towards her two friends who were already hiding, a huge pout on her face.

The three girls saw the car quickly drive away from them and they waited for the other vehicle to pass them. And waited. And waited. But it never came.

Hyejin let out a chuckle and Wheein saw her stand up, moving away from the bushes “Byul Unnie must be feeling so cool right now. If only she knew she’s running away from no one” And the short haired blonde had to admit, the image of their unnie feeling like she was in a Fast and Furious movie, thinking she was saving them by sacrificing herself. She couldn’t wait to see her face when she realized they had probably been safe for a while now.

But the amusement quickly left the group as they realized they were basically stuck in the middle of nowhere, no car on sight. And just like this, we return to the beginning of this story.

We would all like to hear that Moon Byul turned around and managed to pick the girls up and took them home. But that is not what happened. Unknown to the girls, Moon Byul had run out of gas about a kilometer away from them and decided to wait for their persecutors there. But they never arrived. She had already written a goodbye letter to Yong Sun as she waited for them.

The three women had to wait under the rain until a vehicle passed and stopped for them, they opened to door to find their Byul already there, blushing profusely and looking anywhere but at them. Of course Hyejin, despite being cold and having her make up ruined, did not let this opportunity pass to tease the older woman.

The couple that picked them up, dropped them off at the nearest hospital so they could get warm and get Yong Sun’s teeth checked out. Thankfully they were all fine and were released just a few hours later, after being scolded by their doctor and nurses.

It had been a crazy night but at least they were alive and well. Or that was until Seulgi had found them and they had to sit through a whole furious rant on why they shouldn’t take things from their friends without permission. “And by the way, someone has got to say it. You two” She pointed towards Byul and Solar “Need to really get your heads out of your…” The bear glanced at Wheein “Butts. You two love each other, that is pretty obvious to everyone. Yong Sun, everyone knows you are into her. You work with Irene unnie and she told me everyone at work knows about you two. How could they not? She drops you off in the mornings and you never stop talking about how great she is. Nobody cares. Byul Yi, you need to stop with all the greasiness, you should only flirt with Yong Sun. I know you don’t really do it on purpose but please be mindful from now on”

After they had managed to calm Seulgi down, the four women all gathered some money to send a tow truck to pick up her car. And of course apologized profusely.

A week later.

Wheein sighed happily as she stared at the screen of her phone, she had managed to upload Solar’s toothless picture the very moment they had finished fixing everyone after their crazy night. She felt bad at first but then even her unnie had laughed at the picture. In fact, the pink haired woman looked a lot more relaxed and happy since everything had happened. She had gotten a fake tooth to replace the missing one and now that she and Moon Byul had decided to go official, she looked so happy. Also, Hyejin had to pay for her new phone, the other three women agreed, no matter how much she complained about how unfair it was.

And everything had gone back to normal. The blonde was actually waiting for her other three friends so they could go out for dinner. She heard a knock on the door, assuming it was Hyejin who was coming to pick her up, Wheein stood up and made her way to the door. Her smile quickly faded when she saw her friend.

“Listen…I can explain” Hyejin said as she stepped inside, the head of a Mickey costume between her arms “I told them I would come back for them” She said, throwing the head on the floor carelessly and turned her attention towards her nails. Wheein heard some commotion outside “Where is she?! She can’t be far!” She heard a man yell and turned to look at her friend, feeling like the vein in her forehead might pop any second “Oh yeah, they might be following me by the way” Wheein began to consider if she would regret hurting Hyejin right now. "Ow!” Well, nope, she still has zero regrets.