Chapter 6

Zero Regrets (A Mamamoo Fanfic)

If anyone were to ask Wheein a week ago what she wanted most in the world, she would probably say to find a good husband, maybe lots of money, or maybe another Ggomo. But she would have never considered good internet connection as her answer. Why would she? Well, because as they were quickly driving away from danger, the reception was leaving her phone and she wanted, no scratch that, needed to upload this picture for posterity. Their perfect friend, the woman who never stepped out of line with her looks, without a tooth.

Fifteen minutes earlier

“Please, Yongsun, calm down!” Byul said as she was holding her pink haired friend back, stopping her from attacking poor Seulgi, who looked scared for her life. Seulgi was currently hiding behind Hyejin and Wheein, keeping her distance. “We are just getting dinner, as friends! She was giving me advice on how to move on!”

At this last words, Yongsun stopped moving and she turned towards Byul Yi “What?...Moving on?” Wheein heard her friend whisper softly as her eyes moved down to the ground. Everyone else stayed still and quiet, just staring at each other, not knowing what to do while Yong looked deep in thought.

As soon as Wheein was about to say something, a “That’s them!” was heard from behind them. Panic came back to the three women, who recognized they hadn’t gotten rid of the angry mob that had been chasing them not long ago “I’m sorry Seulgi” Hyejin said and before the mentioned girl could ask what she was sorry about, Hyejin reached out for the car keys from her hands and ran towards it, quickly getting in “We’ll return it safely, I promise!”

Wheein quickly understood what her friend was attempting and quickly moved to grab Yong Sun and Byul by their arms, dragging them to the car and tossing them in “Ow!” She heard just as she closed the door but before worrying about that, she got into the passenger seat “We’ll take good care of it, Seulgi Unnie, we promise!” The short haired blonde had to yell as they were already driving away.

“Oh my God, my tooth!” Wheein felt a shiver go down her spine and she gathered the courage to look back. Her two unnies were on the back, Byul had a look on disgust and she had her hand up where a small white thing laid, Yong had both her hands covering , she looked horrified.

“Jesus! Wha-…Let me see, Yong” Byul said as she reached out to move the woman’s hands away from but she quickly shook her head, refusing to move them. “Let. Me. See.” She repeated several times and the two got into a fight on the back seat, Wheein had no idea what to do, she felt guilty over the accident so she kept debating on how to help fix the situation.

“No! Don’t see me like this!” Yong managed to get out, as she kept trying to cover . Byul stopped moving and rolled her eyes “Stop it. You’re bleeding, Yong. I don’t care that your tooth fell out, this is to stop the bleeding” And with that, plus a few more glares from the taller woman, Solar finally moved her hands again and showed Byul .

Wheein quickly looked around the car and found a box of tissues in the compartment, she quickly passed it back to her unnies, who began to clean the wound. Wheein kept her eyes on them, her guilt was now worse than ever from seeing all the blood. Solar noticed the blonde girl looking at them and despite the situation, she managed to laugh because she was sure if Wheein was a dog, her ears would be pulled back, completely flat “Wheein ah, don’t look so guilty. It was just an accident, sweetie” She smiled, hoping to make the blonde laugh but suddenly, a click and a flash light went off inside the car.

“Yes! Oh my, yes! This is the perfect picture, just wait till your future children see this picture, unnie!” Hyejin said and let out a laugh as she saved the phone back in her pocket. Needless to say, a new fight broke inside the car, as Yong reached out for the phone that took the picture and Hyejin fought back while also driving the vehicle, Wheein attempted to break the pair apart while Moon Byul screamed in the back seat that she was just too handsome and young to die.

Turns out, Hyejin had used Yong’s phone to take the picture, which made her even more angry and the fight turned more intense “It’s my phone, give it to me!” She yelled but it could barely be heard over all the other noise. Thankfully, it seemed God was willing to give them a little help and soon, they encountered some traffic so Hyejin had to stop. It was just the car ahead of them, that wouldn’t move for some reason. And even the fight stopped after this, as all women stared at the front, it seemed like they didn’t want to fight unless it was in a life threatening situation.

It wasn’t even twenty seconds later that Hyejin was hitting the horn, knowing very well there was a chance the angry mob would still be looking for them, and they hadn’t moved that far away from the starting point. She groaned and got out of the car before Wheein could stop her.

**For the next part of the fanfic, we have to inform the reader some words were replaced for the safety of all the Wheepups of the world**

“Hey, dummy! Move your incredible piece of beautiful car out of the way before I go there and hug you!” Hyejin expected that a couple of yells back and for the blue van to move. What she didn’t expect was for two people to get out of the car, dressed as Disney characters and staring down at her “What did you say, smart individual?”

Hyejin stood there for a couple of seconds, shocked at the current situation but her rage quickly came back “Oh, you want a piece of this, friend? You BOTH will get a piece of Ahn Hyejin’s fists!” The small woman jumped towards the guys in rage. Punches flew everywhere. When the fight was over, all three were groaning on the floor, Hyejin was missing her shoes as she had used them as weapons at one point against the one wearing the Mickey costume.

Hyejin looked up when she heard another car approaching, they were honking like mad and no one had to tell her who they were. She quickly realized who they were and got up as fast as she could with her body hurting “I’ll be back for you two later, decent human beings! For now, our fight will have to be placed on hold” She went back to the car and Byul was behind the wheel “Get in on the back, Wheein is waiting there for you” She said and Hyejin quickly obeyed.

The car started again, and Byul had to maneuver around the van in front of them before going off “They should be slowed down by the car too…Hyejinah, what were you thinking, those guys want to kick our…butts” Byul finished the sentence, remembering Wheein was still in the car “What even happened?”

It was explanation time. And while Solar brought Byul up to speed on the events of the night, of course she jumped over the part the pink haired woman wanted to drink herself to oblivion to forget the pain she felt over turning Byul down, Wheein noticed Hyejin was moving around the backseat “Oh no” She said and both Yong and her best friend turned to look at her “Unnie’s phone! I must have dropped it during the fight”

“My phone! My phone!” Could be heard a couple of blocks around the position of the girls in the car. But Wheein noticed her best friend was smirking evilly and she raised her eyebrow at her, using the telepathy they had developed with the years she asked why she was so happy and with just a glance from Hyejin, she knew what had happened. The blonde reached for her phone and confirmed her suspicion, she had one new message from Yong Sun unnie’s number, with a picture attached to it.