Chapter 5

Zero Regrets (A Mamamoo Fanfic)

The night of the questionable events.

Three whole days had passed since Wheein was able to talk with her Unnie. She had managed to get in contact with Byul’s mom, who she mistook for her dad at first, but she had told Wheein that Byul didn’t want to talk right now. And that she was going to send her daughter back with some treats for her. She wondered what she did for Byul’s mom to like her so much as they had only met a couple of times before. She was sure Yong Sun unnie would be jealous if she was aware of this.

Thinking about Yong Sun brought Wheein back to reality, seeing as she was currently in her friend’s apartment with Hyejin, trying to get her to leave her room “Unnie, please, you’ve barely left your home. Going to work doesn’t count. You need to interact with normal human beings!” Wheein tried, she didn’t have a strategy on how to get Yong to leave her room but thankfully, her best friend did.

“You know, unnie, if you come out now we can go out for some drinks. Getting drunk sounds amazing, right?” Hyejin said, a smirk on her face that was replaced by a hurt expression when the short blonde slapped her arm “Hyejinah, don’t. You got in trouble last time you went out to drink. Plus, this is not what she needs, she needs to hang out with us here in her apartment and get plenty of hugs and-” Wheein had to stop talking when the door of Yong’s room opened up and she stepped outside.

Both women stared at Solar and tried not to react. Her eyes were red, she looked so pale and like she hadn’t been able to sleep in at all this past days. Her hair was a mess and Wheein wondered if she had been able to fix it to go out to work, she certainly hoped so or her unnie was going to get fired sometime soon “You’re right. I want to go out and drink. Drink until I can barely walk properly” She said, her voice so hoarse that the two younger women weren’t able to stop their cringing expressions, they knew Yong Sun was someone who took great pride in her looks and her voice too, their unnie loved to sing, it was something the four of them shared.

Wheein tried her best to convince her two friends that going out to drink was not a good idea, that it could simply not end well but she had to give up when she realized neither of them were really listening to her. Of course, why would they listen to the only person that seemed to be able to think clearly when you could go out to get drunk?! Wheein had to admit defeat and decided to go with her friends so things wouldn’t end as bad as they had just a few days ago.

So drink they did. They went out and found a bar close to the apartment. Wheein had never seen Yong Sun like this, she wondered how it was possible for such a small human to be able to hold that quantity of alcohol in her body. She was pretty sure an NBA player would be black out drunk but here was her Unnie, ranting over what had happened for like the fourth time already.

“I just can’t accept it! She wants me to be someone I am not! I am n-not brave like her” Yong Sun said, her words slurring at the end, showing Wheein she honestly had enough to drink already “Like I could never do something like this” And before Wheein knew what was even going on, Yong Sun reached out to grab a poor random guy passing by their table, she brought him down so he was staring into her eyes and the short blonde had never seen someone so frightened in her whole life, she had to suppress her laugh because the guy looked so scared of her unnie “Did you know I’m in love with the most cool and precious woman ever. Cause I am…So stay away from her buddy, she mine”

Wheein quickly reached out and moved Yong’s hands away from the guy, she bowed a few times and apologized out oud, still trying to hold back her laughter as Solar went back to her beer and Hyejin was literally rolling on the floor from laughter.

After spending three whole hours drinking, the girls left the bar. Wheein had to carry Hyejin and hope that Yong would be able to walk straight until they reached her apartment. But of course life wanted to mess with them some more and they encountered their first problem right outside the bar.

Now, just last year, Hyejin had gone into a fight with some guys. Well fight wasn’t the correct term. She had begun to tease them when they ran into each other on the street, one of them had bumped into Hyejin and if there was something that could insult her best friend was being told someone didn’t notice her. Hyejin lived to be observed, Wheein had learned that very early into their friendship.

To deescalate the situation, Wheein had used the oldest lie in their book, her Dad was involved with the mafia. The guys hadn’t bought it at first but being the great actresses they were, they finally managed to convince them and they had simply walked away. Wheein thought they would never see them again but behold, just as they were exiting the bar someone bumped into her best friend. “Sorry, didn’t see you” They had replied and Wheein had to hold back her friend before she launched to attack the guy. “Hey…We know you two! The daughter of the mafia guy and her friend” Someone from the bunch of guys said and Wheein finally realized that life had a funny way of bringing everything full circle.

From here on, the next ten minutes were a blur, even for the shortest member of the group. One second she was trying to hold back Hyejin, as the guys laughed at them and Yong Sun was screaming at them to stay away from Moon Byul. Wheein remembered rolling her eyes at her unnie, no one had even mentioned the white haired woman, the guys didn’t even know her. Next thing she knew, Hyejin slipped from her grip and charged ahead with a closed fist.

Wheein figured it must have looked so cool in her best friend’s mind but let’s not forget, she was pretty wasted. Her punch as way too slow and everyone from the opposing group had plenty of time to move out of the way so she ended up punching the air and falling to the ground. After that, the guys began to laugh and the last thing Wheein remembered was throwing out a punch before grabbing her friends and beginning to run. She really couldn’t stop herself, no one could make fun of Hyejin except herself and maybe Byul unnie.

They began to run for their lives, Wheein pulling them by the arm. They ran until they managed to lose the group of guys by walking inside an alley and waiting for them to pass by. Wheein sighed in relief but it was very short lived as she heard both her friends throwing up “That’s it, no more drinking for you two. Ever. Only Byul unnie and I are allowed to drink” She told them under her breath.

Once everyone had settled down, they went back out to the main street, standing right in front of a fancy looking restaurant. And anyone would think the worst had finally passed, right? For anyone else, the night would be over. But of course for them it wasn’t. God must really get a laugh out of them and their misery because just as they turned to walk back to Yong Sun’s apartment they noticed someone getting out of a car. It was Moon Byul but she wasn’t by herself. Byul exited the car and went around to open the door from the passenger seat, revealing a black haired girl Wheein was sure she had seen before.

“Byul...Seulgi?!” She heard her unnie call out. Oh right, Seulgi! One of the owners of the Red Velvet café! And one of the many people…that were too close to Byul Yi, in Yong Sun’s opinion. Oh no. Both women stared at the group with confused looks on their face “What happened to you three? What are you doing here?” Byul asked and Yong Sun replied by taking a couple of steps forward and glaring at them, Seulgi seemed to be looking for a place to hide and took a step back “I should be asking you two the same thing! How dare you? And with her of all people, I knew it! I knew it all along” Oh no.

In the next ten minutes they managed to lose a tooth, a cellphone, all the dignity they had left and piss off the only person that was going to save their lives… “My phone! My phone!”