Chapter 1

Zero Regrets (A Mamamoo Fanfic)

At what point in life do people normally start to question their decisions? Because for Jung Wheein, that moment has seemed to have arrived. And that is not to say everything she has ever done has been wrong. She has made some great choices!

Like getting her cat for example. Ggomo is truly the love of her life. And moving out from her parent’s house, although it had been painful to leave her home town and everyone behind, it turned out not terrible, seeing as she had found amazing friends and was now on her second year of college, on her way to become a Pediatrician. And of course, she had to thank her childhood friend who had been with her through the journey so far, Ahn Hyejin. But somewhere along the line, something had to have gone wrong. Maybe the day they met?

Truth be told, Wheein has always had a huge soft spot for Hyejin, the source of most of her problems. From the very first day they met, Wheein had to play along with Hyejin so that she could escape some boys she had messed with. They both almost ended up getting beaten up but thankfully, the idiots had bought the idea that Wheein’s father was in the mafia and were too scared to actually act on their words.

Thinking back, that was not the only time they narrowly escaped a dangerous situation. In fact, Wheein could remember plenty of them right now. Hyejin was always getting them in trouble. And just by pure luck, they had almost always managed to avoid the consequences of her actions. Even now, she felt deep down that everything would turn out okay…eventually.

She could feel the rain hitting her stronger and stronger with each passing minute. She was so cold and quite honestly, starting to get irritated. But she knew that would pass, Wheein was an extremely bright individual, personality wise. She was book smart too but not street smart, at all. Hyejin was quite the opposite.

 The short haired blonde looked to her left and there she had the woman that had gotten them into this situation. Hyejin had her phone in her right hand, the other trying to cover it as best as possible but Wheein knew it was of no use, they were going to have to wait for the rain to pass and hope to God that lightning wouldn’t start. Or maybe their luck hadn’t run out and a car would pass by and take them to the hospital. Yes, the hospital, because they needed one right. Again, thanks to Hyejin. Who had decided that taking their mutual friend Yong Sun out to drink was a good idea. It’s just what she needs, she said.

Wheein now looked to her right, where Yong Sun was, kneeling on the ground, her head in her hands. If she was to look up at Wheein right now, the small woman knew she would see two things. A bunch of tears, as she could tell her pink haired friend was crying, and the second thing was…actually something she could not see. And really, Wheein shouldn’t be chuckling right now but the fact that one of her best friends was missing one of her canines was actually hilarious, even in their current situation.

Hyejin looked up from her phone, frown properly in place to look at her best friend “What are you chuckling at? Wheein, we’re in the middle of nowhere. No signal, under the cold rain, Yong Sun is missing a tooth and she’s crying over Moon Byul. We need to get her to a hospital so they can check her teeth and my hand is killing me right now. I mean, that dude in the Mickey costume really kicked our . What could you possibly find funny right now?” Wheein shook her head softly, hearing Yong Sun say Byul’s name followed by a ‘Damn you!’ as she shook her fist at the sky. She looked back at her best friend with a small smile on her face “I was just thinking that…I don’t regret anything in my life, Hyejin. Not even tonight”.