When The Angel of Love Was Ignored by The Human

When The Angel of Love Fell in Love

The tall man—he was very tall—chuckled lightly. “Did I surprise you? I’m sorry,” he apologized. “I just walked past the kitchen when I saw a tiny figure in this kitchen. I thought you’re a robber since this kitchen is usually not used,” he continued with an explanation. “I’m Kris, anyway.” The tall man ended his explanation by introducing himself.

Kyungsoo observed the man in front of him silently. The stranger was so tall (even taller than Jongin) and handsome. Despite his scary face, that stranger was quite friendly by smiling nonstop.

“I’m Kyungsoo, and I’m not a robber. I live here,” Kyungsoo responded.

“Ah, sorry, I have never seen you here before. Are you a new student?” Kris asked for further information.

“No, I’m not a student. I live here with—”

Kyungsoo didn’t manage to finish his answer because his phone suddenly rang. He took it out from his back pocket and read the caller ID on the screen. Kim Jongin is calling. Oh yeah, Kyungsoo and Jongin exchanged phone numbers before Kyungsoo went back to the dormitory this morning. Jongin was worried if anything bad happened to Kyungsoo, so they decided to exchange their phone numbers. He asked Kyungsoo to call him if anything bad happened.

The Angel then answered the phone, didn’t want to make his roommate wait for him any longer. “Yes, Jongin?” He greeted first. From the corner of his eyes, he could see Kris was a bit surprised to hear Jongin’s name.

“Kyungsoo, did you arrive at home safely?” Kim Jongin asked him back.

Kyungsoo unconsciously smiled a little. The human was indeed worried about him. “I did, Jongin,” he answered. “Now I’m cooking in the kitchen. When will you come home? I hope we can eat lunch together.”

“You’re cooking? But you said you’re tired. Don’t force yourself, Kyungsoo.”

Kyungsoo felt so guilty. He had lied to Jongin and the latter was worried about him because of his stupid lie.

“My fatigue disappeared when I arrived at the kitchen, Jongin. You don’t need to worry anymore.”

Kyungsoo could hear Jongin sighed on the other line. “Okay, then,” the human gave up. “But, are you alone in the kitchen? Sorry for not being able to accompany you,” he continued with regret.

The Angel eyed Kris for a moment before he answered Jongin’s question. “I’m with Kris. Do you know him? I think he also live here.” Jongin didn’t respond him, though. He checked the phone screen, and it showed that the phone call was still going on. “Jongin, you still there?” He asked.

“Just wait for me in the kitchen, okay? I’m going home now.” That was the human’s last words before he ended the phone call unilaterally.

Kyungsoo looked at his phone screen in confusion. Why did Jongin’s attitude suddenly change? That human even ended the phone call without saying goodbye.

Kyungsoo just shrugged and put his phone back to his pocket. He then faced Kris again. “Sorry, that was Jongin. I live with him here,” Kyungsoo explained calmly.

Kris stared at him with unreadable expression. But, that was not for so long because the taller man smiled again. “It’s okay,” he said. “So, you’re cooking for Jongin? What’s your relationship with him?”

At that question, Kyungsoo started feeling the nervousness. “Uh, I’m his... friend?” He answered doubtfully.

“Ah, so you’re his new friend.” Kris nodded, it seemed like he believed in Kyungsoo’s answer. “Alright, then. Just enjoy your cooking activity. I need to go now. See you around, Kyungsoo.”

And the tall man then left Kyungsoo alone in the kitchen. He didn’t know why, but he could feel strange tension between Kris and Jongin. But, the tiny Angel just shrugged. That was not his business.

He continued to pay his all attention to his cooking. He smiled proudly because of the delicious smell coming from the almost ready dish. Twenty minutes later, Kyungsoo’s first dish was ready to eat.

“Kyungsoo!” Suddenly someone called his name.

The Angel turned his head and frowned. “Jongin?” He asked dumbly to that someone.

Yeah, true. The man who just stepped his foot in the kitchen was Kim Jongin. The human was out of breath and his shirt was drenched by sweat. Did he run to get here?

“Where’s Kris? He didn’t do anything bad to you, right?”

Kyungsoo once again frowned because of Jongin’s question. “What do you mean? He just greeted me and introduced himself. Of course he didn’t do any bad thing.”

Jongin sighed in relief, and that didn’t go unnoticed by Kyungsoo. Something surely was not right between Jongin and Kris. But, he only knew Jongin for a day, so it was not good to interfere Jongin’s personal matter.

In the end, Kyungsoo let the matter slipped. He changed the conversation. “I just finished cooking. Let’s eat together!” He squealed cheerfully.

Jongin chuckled and nodded. That handsome creature managed to surprise Kyungsoo by the latter’s hair lovingly. He then walked away, leaving Kyungsoo who was still in daze. Why was he overwhelmed by Jongin’s tender touch on his hair?

The suspect seemed to realize that Kyungsoo didn’t follow his step, so he stopped and turned his head. “Come on, Kyungsoo. My stomach can’t stop growling,” he complained childishly.

Kyungsoo snapped to reality and grabbed the dishes. He needed to stop by the information desk to leave Minseok his food. But, first, he needed to forget Jongin’s tender touch on his hair.


It had been a week Kyungsoo on the earth. He learned so many new things, and he really started enjoying his life on earth. The young Angel also got along well with Jongin. He successfully satisfied Jongin with his cook. Jongin also couldn’t stop praising his cook, saying that his cook was better than his mom’s (but of course he begged Kyungsoo not to tell his mom about that).

Jongin was busy nowadays. He mostly spent his time on campus; taking classes, studying for quizzes, also doing projects with his friends. Because of that circumstance, Kyungsoo rarely met Jongin.

Yeah, the cute guy was no longer following Jongin to his campus. He later realized that he would be a burden for Jongin if he desperately following the latter around. The human probably felt uncomfortable because of that. So, Kyungsoo stayed in their shared room most of time. He only went outside the room to cook in the kitchen (Jongin was the one who did the grocery shopping, so he didn't need to go outside to do that work). Sometimes he also visited Minseok at the information desk and gossiping together.

But, Kyungsoo didn’t forget about his mission. He patiently waited for a message to come, but there was nothing until now. Jongin’s future soulmate was still far from the city.

The Angel in disguise also secretly observed Jongin when he had a chance. He did it for the sake of his mission, of course. And after a week, Kyungsoo figured that Jongin was indeed a good boy. The latter was so polite, so caring, and also so cheerful. Despite his busy schedule, Jongin always managed to greet Kyungsoo at home and asked how his day was or something like that. The human also managed to send him texts when he was away. He made sure Kyungsoo was not harmed by anything. Kyungsoo silently praying to God, wishing a best soulmate for Jongin.

Tonight Jongin was free from any schedule. He was lying on top of his bed, phone in his hand. The tanned male seemed too tired of his activity today. Kyungsoo suggested him to sleep, but the tanned male shook his head.

Now Kyungsoo silently observing the man from his own bed. Jongin was frowning and pouting, making Kyungsoo wonder. “What’s wrong, Jongin?” The Angel asked.

Jongin turned to him, still pouting. “It’s my friends,” he answered. “They arranged a blind date again for me. That’s annoying.”

Kyungsoo’s eyes widened. Jongin was going to meet someone, but that someone probably wasn’t his real soulmate. What if Jongin fell in love with that person instead of his real soulmate?

“Your friends can’t do that for you,” unconsciously Kyungsoo responded.

Jongin apparently surprised by that response. He got up from his position. “You agree with me? It’s not the first time they arrange blind date for me. The previous blind dates were useless. They don’t even know my ideal type. I’ll just say no this time.”

Kyungsoo slightly chuckled. Jongin was whining like a kid. “Why don’t you tell them your ideal type then?” He asked. The two men now sitting cross-legged on their own beds, facing each other.

Jongin pouted again. “They will never understand my choice even if I tell them,” he answered sadly.

The answer made Kyungsoo frowned. “What do you mean? Don’t tell me your ideal type is a famous idol and you aren’t going to date anyone but them,” Kyungsoo guessed jokingly.

This time Jongin chuckled. His pout had gone away. “No,” he denied. “My ideal type is so simple. I like someone who’s cute, shorter than me, innocent, and also smart. If that person can also cook, then I’ll give all my heart to that person and will never let them go.”

Yes, Jongin’s ideal type was indeed simple. Celebrities usually answered question about ideal type with that kind of answers.

But, for Kyungsoo, Jongin’s ideal type was anything but simple. It would never be simple because Jongin staring right at his eyes when he described his ideal type. His gaze was so intense and unreadable. Those eagle eyes made Kyungsoo’s body shivered. And, don’t forget about Jongin’s soft tone just now. It felt like Jongin just confessed his real feeling.

Kyungsoo then looked away from Jongin’s gaze. That was impossible. Jongin did have intense gaze and he usually also staring intently at other people when he talked to them. So, his intense gaze on Kyungsoo just now didn’t have any meaning, for sure.

“When was the last time you dated someone, Jongin?” Kyungsoo decided to change the conversation.

Jongin also tore his gaze away from Kyungsoo and answered, “I dated someone for the first and the last time when I was a freshman. So, it was a year ago.”

Kyungsoo nodded. Jongin had a playboy vibe, but the boy turned out to be a pure guy, he thought.

“Were they beautiful?” Kyungsoo asked again.

This time Jongin nodded. “Yeah,” he answered. “She was beautiful and cute at the same time. She was a popular girl in my university.”

Ah, Kyungsoo was so stupid. Jongin was straight, he was dating a girl a year ago. How could he misunderstand his gaze as affection just now?

They both didn’t say anything again. The room suddenly felt so quiet. You probably could hear the sound of the clock ticking on the wall.

“Oh, I forgot to tell you something!” Jongin suddenly spoke again, slightly surprised Kyungsoo. “My class is going to go to the neighbor city tomorrow. The Professor wanted us to learn about a company there. I will not coming home for three days. You will be okay by yourself here, right?”

Kyungsoo blinked slowly, but then he smiled. “Of course, Jongin. You usually also left me alone here. I will be okay,” he answered.

But, Jongin didn’t return his smile. He showed his sad expression instead. “Sorry for leaving you alone here every day, Kyungsoo. I should have accompanied you.”

Kyungsoo stared at him in disbelief. Why did Jongin feel sorry? He wasn’t Jongin’s responsibility. He was the one who came and became a burden for Jongin. He was the one who should say sorry.

“It’s okay, Jongin.” He tried to assured the human. “I didn’t feel lonely when you’re away. You let me use your computer so I never felt bored. And, Minseok Hyung was also here to keep me company. You don’t need to worry.”

But, Jongin’s sad expression didn’t go away. His guilty face was still there and he still didn’t say anything.

“Oh! I just remembered that tomorrow Kris will be back from his class trip. He will not mind to keep me company when you’re away, Jongin. I—”

“Kris?” Jongin’s suddenly cut Kyungsoo’s sentence, efficiently silencing his mouth. “You talked about Kris just now, right? How can you know about him? Were you always with him when I was away?”

Kyungsoo didn’t understand, but Jongin’s expression turned dark. The human now standing while clenching his fists.

The Angel stood up as well. He ignored his fear because of Jongin’s drastic change. “No, I only met him at the information desk two days ago. He was about to leave for his class trip and told me that he would away for three days. We only chatted for a bit.”

“But you didn’t even address him formally. You’re friends with him, aren’t you?”

“He asked me to drop formality since I told him that I was your friend. He told me that you also didn’t use formality to him. I thought he was your close friend.”

Jongin closed his eyes for a moment. He massaged his temple tiredly. “Stay away from Kris, Kyungsoo. He’s not a good person,” he said firmly.

But Kyungsoo only frowned deeper. “Why? Why Kris is not a good person, Jongin?”

The human stared at him. They stared at each other for a while. Jongin didn’t say anything, but his eyes seemed to speak louder than his lips. It was so clear that Jongin and Kris had a big problem.

In the end, Jongin only walked to his bed. “Sleep, Kyungsoo. It’s late,” he ended their conversation as he once again laid on the soft mattress.

Kyungsoo still standing silently. He just realized that he had passed the boundary. He should have not interfered Jongin’s business like that. He needed to know more about Jongin, but just as an observant. He shouldn’t meddle with that human’s problem.

Kyungsoo reminded himself; He was an Angel and human’s problem was sure not his business.


Jongin went to his class trip without saying anything to Kyungsoo. That handsome human was upset, Kyungsoo knew about that.

This morning he jogged around the dormitory. That was his routine when Jongin left him to attend his morning classes. Jongin told him that exercise was important for his health, so he chose jogging as his simple exercise.

He sighed when he remembered about Jongin again. Why did that human ignore him just because of Kris? Jongin usually was so kind, but he was so different when it came to Kris.

Speaking of Kris, that giant just arrived at the dormitory. He noticed Kyungsoo and waved at him. Kyungsoo reluctantly jogged closer to the tall man. “Hi, you just came back from your class trip?” He asked politely.

He knew from Minseok that Kris was four years older than Jongin and now a senior in Business Department (he was Jongin’s senior). He took a break for some times so he hadn’t graduated yet. That was all the information he got from Minseok. The chubby guy didn’t mention anything about Jongin and Kris’ relationship.

“Hello, Kyungsoo. Yeah, I just came back safely. You just jogged around the building?”

“Yes, Jongin said that I need to do some exercises to stay healthy.”

At the mention of Jongin, Kris’ expression changed. “Where’s Jongin? Does he have morning class today?” He asked.

“No.” Kyungsoo shook his head. “He went to his class trip this morning. It’s for three days.”

“Ah, so you’re alone for three days?” Kyungsoo nodded, and Kris continued, “Then we should hang out together. You’re new in this city, right? I’ll take you to good places.”

Kyungsoo smiled. He wasn’t really sure about that. Jongin told him to stay away from Kris because Kris wasn’t a good person, but Kris showed the opposite in front of him. He was nice to him.

“I’d love to hang out with you, Kris.” He decided in the end. “How about we grab breakfast together today? Jongin’s not here so I don’t cook breakfast for myself.”

Kyungsoo decided to give an opportunity for Kris. It was just a hang out together as friends. He could observe Kris when they were together. He wouldn’t interfere, but he would observe. That was his decision, and he was happy when Kris accepted his invitation.

To be continued