When The Angel of Love Died in Happiness

When The Angel of Love Fell in Love

After twenty minutes, the dinner was ready. Jongin’s mom only made simple chocolate pudding as the dessert. She also mentioned that Jongin really loved chocolate since he was a child, and choco pie was his favorite snack. That was a new information for Kyungsoo.

“Darling, can you bring Jongin to the dining room? He must be sleeping in his room right now. Just go upstairs and knock on the wooden door with Ironman poster, okay? But if he doesn’t respond, then just open the door and kick his . That’s the only way to wake him up.”

Kyungsoo chuckled softly. Jongin’s mom was so funny with her joke. Jongin's mom was the only woman he knew on the earth, and that woman made him feel comfortable. He then excused himself and began to climb the stairs. It was a small house, so there wasn’t so many room here. It was easy to find Jongin’s room.

Jongin’s mom was not kidding when she talked about Ironman poster on his son’s door. Jongin never told him about his hobby before. Ah, basically he knew nothing about the handsome man. It was exaggerating to say that he was Jongin’s precious friend when he didn’t know anything about that human.

The Angel in disguise knocked on the wooden door softly then waited for response. Minutes passed but still no response. He then knocked again, this time was harder than before. But, it was still the same; he still got no response.

The tiny guy sighed tiredly. He had lived with Jongin for almost a month, and he was familiar with Jongin sleeping habit. The handsome human was sleeping like dead person and he would not wake up unless he wanted to wake up himself. It wasn’t new anymore for the petite guy.

He then opened the door, just like Jongin’s mom direction. When he was inside the room, he could see Ironman everywhere. Posters on the wall, action figures on the desk, and Ironman plushies on the bed. Jongin was like a maniac.

That maniac now sleeping soundly. It was not the first time Kyungsoo seeing Jongin sleeping so peacefully, but he still felt the urge to squish Jongin’s cheeks because the latter sleeping like a cute baby; lips pouting a little and cheeks puffing cutely. Kyungsoo chuckled silently at that sight.

The Angel of Love then lowered his body a little and shook Jongin’s body softly. “Jongin, dinner is ready,” he tried to wake Jongin up.

But, Jongin still sleeping like a log. For a moment Kyungsoo contemplating Jongin’s mom’s suggestion to just kick Jongin’s , but a moment later he decided to take advantage of Jongin’s current state to satisfy his obsession. Yeah, he decided to squish Jongin’s puffy cheeks. Not a bad idea, that action surely would disturb Jongin’s peaceful sleep. Just one paddle and two islands exceeded, he thought.

He squished the cheeks so hard (he was sure Jongin’s cheeks would turned red after this). The action did disturb the human’s sleep. Jongin stirred in his sleep and growled in distaste. He then slowly opened his eyes and jolted a bit when saw Kyungsoo laughing above him, still squishing his poor cheeks.

Instead of getting angry, Jongin just smiled despite the painful sensation on his cheeks. He abruptly pulled Kyungsoo’s hands so the latter fell directly on top his body. And Kyungsoo’s laughter died down.

“Hello, Naughty Boy,” Jongin greeted him playfully.

Kyungsoo didn’t return the greeting, though. Instead, the Angel tried to get up from Jongin’s body. But to his dismay, Jongin held his waist so he couldn’t get up. The tiny Angel then stopped moving, he just stared down at Jongin. Jongin’s intense gaze was on him all the time, and that made him felt uncomfortable. He could feel his face getting warmer because of the intense gaze. It surely reddened.

He also could feel his heart beat so loudly, and he was also sure that he wasn’t the one with loud heartbeat. His chest literally pressed against Jongin’s chest, and he could feel the latter’s wild heartbeat. His eyes widened in instant. It was getting worse when Jongin was still staring at him oh so lovingly.

The short Angel then used all his strength to escape from Jongin’s grip, and finally he did it. He successfully stood on his own feet again. He couldn’t look Jongin in the eyes, so he fixed his eyes on the wall when he spoke, “Dinner is ready. Your mother is waiting for you at the dining room.” Without waiting for Jongin’s response, Kyungsoo left the human’s room.

Jongin got up and sighed. What did he just do? The human shook his head and walked out his room. He later found Kyungsoo sitting at the dining table. His mother was also there.

“What took you so long, Jongin?” His mother asked, little bit annoyed.

The tall male didn’t answer and just sat across Kyungsoo. He stole a glance at Kyungsoo, but the latter quickly looked away. Jongin just sighed again.

They then began to eat the dishes. Jongin’s mother couldn’t kept quiet so she kept talking while eating. Jongin and Kyungsoo sometimes responded her with a ‘yes’, a ‘no’, or merely a nod. Jongin not once stop glancing at Kyungsoo when they were eating.

Time passed and they finished eating. Both Jongin and Kyungsoo thanked the woman for the food, and the woman just smiled happily in return.

“Jongin, you still remember that your sisters didn’t let you to use their room, right? Have you told Kyungsoo about that?” The lady asked her son. “I don’t want Kyungsoo to feel uncomfortable sleeping on the same bed as you,” she continued.

She glanced at Kyungsoo who didn’t say anything, and Jongin also did the same. Kyungsoo just ducked his head uncomfortably.

Jongin then answered his mother, eyes still fixed on Kyungsoo, “I haven’t told him, but I think Kyungsoo was indeed uncomfortable sharing a bed with me.”

The secret Angel finally looked up at him, but still didn’t say anything.

Jongin then left the Angel’s eyes and turned to his mother. “Can I sleep in your room, Mom? Kyungsoo can use my room if I sleep in your room with you.”

Kyungsoo widened his eyes. He didn’t want to be a burden, but he really was a burden for the little family. He disturbed Jongin and his mother’s peaceful night.

Jongin’s mother was about to respond but Kyungsoo spoke first, “I... I don’t mind sharing a bed with Jongin.”

Jongin then faced him again, he stared at him in disbelief. “Kyungsoo, you don’t have to force yourself. I can sleep with my mom and you can sleep alone in my room,” he said.

“No, I’m not forcing myself. I’m perfectly fine sharing a bed with you.”

Jongin’s mother apparently sensed the tense between the two young men. She then butted in, “I think you guys better sleep together. You two both guys so it’s okay to share a bed,” Jongin’s mother made final decision.

Jongin and Kyungsoo turned to the woman, but the woman just smiled knowingly.


In the end, Jongin and Kyungsoo did share a bed. The two young men just finished taking a shower (they used two different bathrooms, of course). They were sitting on the bed, each of them choosing two different edges of the bed to sit; far from each other. The atmosphere was so tight. It was uncomfortable silent. The previous ‘incident’ in this room surely had something to do with the atmosphere.

Jongin, as the room owner, was the first one to lie down on the bed. He glanced at Kyungsoo then said, “Sleep, Kyungsoo. It was a tiring day for you, right?”

Kyungsoo stopped playing with his fingers and stared back at Jongin. The latter was lying comfortably on bed. He then got up for a minute before he lied down on the bed beside the tanned man. Jongin’s bed was a queen sized bed. It was a perfect size for two people, but the space between the two people was not so spacious.

They had shared a room for nearly a month, but it was the first time they shared a bed. Obviously sharing a room and sharing a bed were two different things. The atmospheres were so different.

The pale guy then tried to sleep in order to avoid the uncomfortable atmosphere. He wanted to turn off the light so he could quickly fall into a deep slumber, but he didn’t have the right since this room wasn’t his. He was about to close his eyes when he heard Jongin’s voice.

“Sorry.” Kyungsoo glanced at Jongin, and the latter continued, “I was just joking, and I didn’t mean to make you feel uncomfortable because of my reckless action. I know I was wrong, so I apologize.”

Kyungsoo looked up at the ceiling. Of course Jongin was just fooling around with me, Kyungsoo thought.

“It wasn’t your fault, Jongin,” the Angel responded. “I’m fine. I was just taken aback by your sudden action. I... I don’t know what to say...”

“You don’t have to say anything, Kyungsoo.” The Angel turned his head to Jongin again. “It was just a misunderstanding, right?”

Even if Kyungsoo was not really sure that all the previous commotion was pure misunderstanding, but he chose to give a ‘yes’ as an answer. He just wanted to leave the uncomfortable tense between him and the taller man.

Jongin suddenly rolled to his side, now his body was fully facing the short guy. “Hey, Kyungsoo,” he called the shorter guy, motioning the guy to do the same. Kyungsoo complied, he was fully facing Jongin now. They stared at each other without uttering any word.

But, that wasn’t for so long because Jongin suddenly smiled and asked the man in front of him, “We are still friends, aren’t we?” Kyungsoo smiled back and nodded, then Jongin spoke again, “You’re so precious to me, Kyungsoo.”

This time Kyungsoo didn’t react. Jongin was so sincere, his voice was so soft. Kyungsoo didn’t understand, but the human’s statement felt like a poison; it killed Kyungsoo’s heart and he died. Yes, died in happiness.

But, out of the blue, Jongin was giggling suspiciously. It made Kyungsoo frowned. “What?” He asked.

“Your cheeks are like squishy toy, Kyungsoo. Can I squish it?”

“You’re so random, Jongin.”

“No, I’m not. You squished my cheeks until it reddened like tomato when I slept peacefully. You’re way more random than me.”

Kyungsoo gasped. Jongin just defeated him and he lost miserably.

“Just do as you wish, but do it softly, will you?” He gave in at the end.

Jongin smiled brightly and started positioning his hands on Kyungsoo chubby cheeks. “I’ll squish it lovingly,” he stated.

That made Kyungsoo’s face reddened, not because of Jongin’s action, but because of the warm feeling inside his heart.

“I’m ready to meet Kris.”

Jongin’s sudden statement surprised Kyungsoo. The human’s hands were still on his cheeks, but it was no longer squishing his cheeks. The hands just stayed there comfortably.

Kyungsoo ignored the human’s hands position and asked, “You sure?”

“Yes, I’m sure,” Jongin answered. “But, with one condition.” Kyungsoo stared at him confusedly, so he continued, “You have to accompany me when I meet him. What do you think about that?”

Kyungsoo chuckled at the handsome guy’s condition. “I think that’s not bad for me. I’ll go with you.”

The two male smiled at each other oh so lovingly. Jongin’s hands began to caress Kyungsoo’s soft cheeks, and the owner of those cheeks closed his eyes. The Angel was enjoying Jongin’s rough palms on his cheeks. How could that rough palms gave a soft sensation on his cheeks? It was so soft, like a mom’s touch on her beloved baby when she wanted to make her baby slept. Jongin’s touch also sent Kyungsoo to a deep slumber.


Jongin and Kyungsoo left Jongin’s house the next morning. Jongin’s mother reluctantly let his son go back to the dormitory. She asked Jongin to visit him frequently, and she also asked him to bring Kyungsoo every time he came home. Jongin just nodded, he was a good boy after all.

Today, they were going to meet Kris. Kyungsoo was the one who arranged Jongin and Kris’ meeting. He contacted the giant this morning and they agreed to meet at lunch time. Kyungsoo also informed him that it was Jongin who wanted to meet.

They were going to meet at lunch time, so it was better to meet at a restaurant. Gongxi Noodles Bar was one of the Chinese restaurants in Myeongdong. There was a long line during a lunch break. Thankfully, Jongin and Kyungsoo managed to get their orders without waiting for more than twenty minutes. They also managed to get a seat.

Kris was still nowhere to be seen. The giant texted Kyungsoo ten minutes ago to inform that he would be late.

But fortunately, Kyungsoo and Jongin didn’t have to wait for so long. The giant just arrived and now sitting accross them. “Sorry I’m late. The traffic was so horrible on Sunday,” he apologized.

“It’s fine, Kris. You better order your food first,” Kyungsoo responded.

But to his dismay, Kris shook his head. “I have an appointment to eat lunch with someone after this,” he explained.

Kyungsoo nodded then he glanced at Jongin. The latter was so quiet since Kris’ arrival. He then nudged Jongin’s elbow, successfully grabbed the human’s attention. He motioned Jongin to initiate a conversation.

Jongin pouted a bit but then he sighed and turned to Kris. He then spoke, “Kris, I want to—”

“Sorry, Jongin.”

Both Jongin and Kyungsoo were surprised by Kris’ sudden outburst.

“Why did you suddenly apologize to Jongin, Kris?” Kyungsoo asked.

Kris sighed and turned to Kyungsoo. “Because I made a big mistake, Kyungsoo,” he answered and then faced Jongin again. “Jongin, I didn’t have any intention to hurt you. I wanted to save you, but in the end, I was the one who left scar in your heart.”

“Kris, what did you mean? You wanted to save me from what?” Jongin asked in confusion.

Both Kyungsoo and Jongin didn’t get what Kris meant. Jongin planned to forgive Kris and forget about the past, but it seemed like Kris was about to reveal another secret.

Kris sighed tiredly, his expression looked so complicated. He was sad, but at the same time also felt guilty.

“She was my ex-lover, Jongin.”

To be continued