When The Angel of Love Played a Drama

When The Angel of Love Fell in Love

The next morning, Kyungsoo surprisingly woke up earlier than Jongin. He had showered already and also had prepared breakfast for the human.

Jongin was surprised when he woke up later. It was unusual seeing Kyungsoo woke up earlier than him, and it surprised him more when he saw Kyungsoo smiling and greeting him cheerfully. All he could remember was Kyungsoo’s gloomy expression last night, but now it was nowhere to be seen.

The tiny male even pushed him to the bathroom, asked him to take a shower quickly so they could eat breakfast together after that. Jongin was curious, but he didn’t ask. He just obeyed Kyungsoo and quickly took a shower.

Ten minutes later, Jongin stepped out of the bathroom, so fresh and nice. His y body was fully clothed so you didn’t need to worry.

“Is there something wrong with you? It’s weird to see you wake up earlier than me. The breakfast is also ready without you asking me to wait for five or ten minutes,” Jongin asked out of curiosity.

“Why? You don’t like it when I wake up earlier than you and prepare breakfast on time?” Kyungsoo asked him back, a little sarcastic.

“I like it, of course. But...” Jongin stopped for a moment, but then he spoke again carefully, “But you looked so gloomy last night. I was worried, you know?”

Jongin stared at Kyungsoo intently. He really needed to know what happened with his roommate last night.

But, Kyungsoo just smiled calmly and answered, “I was in a bad mood last night, but now I’m okay. You don’t need to worry anymore.”

Jongin didn’t respond. He kept staring at Kyungsoo, apparently he didn’t believe in the shorter male’s words. He was sure that something was off last night. But, he also didn’t want to force Kyungsoo to tell him about that. Kyungsoo had the right to keep secret from him. At least, Kyungsoo was okay now.

“Okay,” the human finally responded. “But, promise me that you won’t be sad anymore. I’ll always be by your side, Kyungsoo. You can depend on me.”

Kyungsoo apparently was a bit taken aback by that statement. The pale guy then nodded and grabbed two bowls of porridge on the desk. He then handed a bowl to Jongin. Both of them now sitting on Jongin’s bed. “Let’s just eat without any worry, okay?” He suggested happily.

Jongin smiled at him. “Usually I only eat porridge when I was sick,” he stated, but his hand started using the spoon to scoop the soft porridge.

“I don't know that porridge is a food for sick people. I shouldn’t have cooked this menu.”

Jongin was busy munching his food, but the motion stopped when he heard Kyungsoo’s sad tone. He looked up and found Kyungsoo sadly looked down at his own bowl, hand playing with the spoon pitifully.

Oh, Jongin just realized that his words hurt Kyungsoo’s feeling.

“Kyungsoo...” He then called the pretty boy, but he got no response.

He sighed and carefully placed he bowl on the desk. Silently he scooted closer to Kyungsoo until there was no space between them. His hand tenderly lifted Kyungsoo’s chin, forcing the latter to look up at him. “It’s fine, Kyungsoo,” he whispered softly. “Any food is fine for me as long as it was cooked by you. If one day you bake a stone for me, I will still eat it happily.”

Kyungsoo snorted and pushed Jongin’s hand. “I heard that some birds are swallowing stones to help them digest their food. Are you one of them, Jongin?” He jokingly asked.

Jongin laughed and responded, “I’m a chicken, Kyungsoo. But, I assure you that I don’t need any gastrolith to digest my food.”

They laughed together happily. The porridge matter was completely forgotten.

“Trust me, Kyungsoo. I don’t mind eating any food. I’m an omnivore, you know?”

Kyungsoo chuckled and pinched Jongin’s arm. “Alright, Chickenman. Let’s eat our breakfast quickly or else you will be late for your morning class. To make sure you won’t be late, I’ll take you to your campus today.”

Jongin was about to take his bowl from the desk, but then he stopped his motion and turned to Kyungsoo again. “What? You’ll go to campus with me today?”

The short guy nodded calmly. “Yes, It’s been a while since the last time I visited your campus. I hope you don’t mind.”

Jongin just smiled and ruffled Kyungsoo’s hair lovingly. “I’ll be so happy if you stay by my side all day, Kyungsoo.”

Kyungsoo’s face reddened at that statement, but he quickly asked Jongin to eat his breakfast so he won’t be late.


Kyungsoo did follow Jongin to his campus. True that it had been a while since the last time he visited the human’s campus, but that wasn’t the real reason for his action. Kyungsoo purposely followed Jongin to the campus because he wanted to see Sehun’s face directly. From the message yesterday, he knew that Sehun was a transferred student in Jongin’s university. He was a medical student.

So, after Jongin went to his class, Kyungsoo walked to the Medical Department building. He wouldn’t do anything, he just wanted to observe Oh Sehun from afar. But apparently that wasn’t an easy job. The department building was so big, and there were so many students in the building. Kyungsoo remembered Sehun’s face—he had to admit that Oh Sehun was so gorgeous. His skin was pale just like his, his eyes were sharp, and his lips were thin. That guy was definitely handsome. He was nothing compared to Jongin’s soulmate. At least that was Kyungsoo’s thought.

The secret Angel just wandered around, clueless. He was trying to find his another target, looking at his right and his left in the process, but he still couldn’t find anything.

“Hey!”

A tap on his shoulder and a voice coming from behind startled the tiny Angel. He abruptly turned his head to the back and his breath hitched. Finally he found him, he found Oh Sehun. Damn, the man was indeed handsome and also very tall, even taller than Jongin.

“Are you Lu Han Sunbae?” The tall man asked him, but he just tilted his head confusedly. “Ah, sorry. I have appointment with my senior here. His name is Lu Han, but I don’t know his face. The Dean told me that Lu Han Sunbae will be my guide. I’m a new student here, anyway.”

Kyungsoo didn’t respond, he just eyed Sehun from head to toe. He was nothing compared to Sehun, indeed. He was short, awkward, and unattractive. On the other hand, Sehun was tall, friendly, and very attractive. Oh Sehun was definitely a good match for Kim Jongin.

“Hey, are you okay?” Sehun asked again because he didn’t give that man any response.

“Ah, yes. I’m okay. I... I was looking for my friend here, but it seems like he isn’t here. I’ll try to look for him at another place.”

Without waiting for Sehun’s response, Kyungsoo hurriedly ran away from the young man. Stupid Kyungsoo and his stupid action.

When he was quite far from the Medical Department building, he stopped and sighed loudly. He needed to prepare the fateful meeting for Jongin and Sehun. That wouldn’t be so difficult since the two men were in the same university, so he didn’t need to prepare it hastily, right? He still had thirteen days left. Now he better enjoying his remaining days on the earth with Jongin. Yes, before he had to prepare the fateful meeting. Or, should he call it a painful meeting? Painful for him, of course. Even if he had realized that he fell in love with Jongin, but he literally couldn’t do anything. The Angel in disguise sighed again. It was so tiring, he was tired both mentally and physically.

He then decided to go back to Jongin’s department. He had gone for almost two hours, so Jongin probably would be back soon. And when he arrived at Jongin’s department, the latter had been waiting for him, phone in his hand. He seemed to try to contact him before.

“Where are you from, Kyungsoo? I called you but you didn’t answer,” the human worriedly asked the Angel.

Kyungsoo just smiled before answered, “I walked around the faculty, Jongin. I wanted to refresh my mind.”

Jongin just sighed. “Do you want to go straight home after this?” He asked, and Kyungsoo nodded. “Okay, but we need to stop by the Medical Department first. I need to meet my friend to return his book. We had lunch together before I went to the class trip, and he accidentally left his book in the restaurant.”

Kyungsoo froze. He only heard ‘Medical Department’ and didn’t catch Jongin’s other explanation. If Jongin went to the Medical Department building, then Jongin probably met Sehun. No, he couldn’t let it happen. He wasn’t ready to let Jongin go, at least for now. So, he decided to play a drama.

“Jongin, can you ask your friend to come here and take his book instead? My feet feel so hurt. I’m so tired of walking. I can’t walk anymore.”

Jongin seemed to buy that bad acting. “What? Do your feet hurt so badly? Do you want to go to hospital? There’s a hospital next to Medical Department buil—”

“NO! Let’s not going anywhere near the Medical building!” Kyungsoo accidentally shouted so loudly. He then gulped when he realized his mistake. “I-I mean, the Medical Department building is quite far from here, right? I don’t think I can’t walk that far.”

Jongin furrowed his eyebrows. Kyungsoo nervously waited for Jongin’s response, and he sighed in relieved when Jongin nodded. “Okay, let’s just sit on the bench over there and I’ll text my friend to come here,” the human said.

Kyungsoo nodded back, and Jongin helped him to walk to the nearest bench. The Angel needed to act properly so Jongin wouldn’t feel suspicious. They then sat on the bench and Jongin texted his friend.

“He said he’ll arrive in five minutes,” Jongin stated after he got a reply. The young guy then turned to Kyungsoo. “Does it still hurt now? Do you want me to massage your feet?”

Kyungsoo quickly shook his head. He just acted, and he didn’t want to fool Jongin more. The human then nodded and they didn’t talk anymore. The atmosphere turned into a comfortable silence.

Five minutes later, a tall guy walked toward their direction. “Hey, Jongin. Sorry for making you wait,” that tall guy said when he arrived at the bench.

“No problem, Tao. This is your book. You better be careful next time,” Jongin responded.

The guy named Tao just chuckled. He muttered a soft 'thank you', slightly nodded at Kyungsoo as a polite greeting, and then excused himself since he had a class after that.

“Are you popular in the campus?” Kyungsoo asked after Tao left.

Jongin raised his eyebrow at the question. “What? I’m not popular. I’m just friendly, I guess.”

“You have many friends, right? You also have friends from other department. You must be extra friendly in campus.”

Jongin just laughed at Kyungsoo’s statement. “Should we go home now?” He asked, and Kyungsoo nodded softly. “But, your feet are hurt, right? Do you want me to give you a piggyback?”

The Angel’s eyes widened at the unexpected question. “No! I think it’s better now after taking some rest. But, I don’t mind if you hold my hand to help me walk,” Kyungsoo jokingly said, but soon after he realized that Jongin didn’t laugh at his joke. That human took his joke seriously. “I was just joking, Jongin! Don’t take my joke seriously,” he explained.

But, to his dismay, Jongin’s hand started holding his hand. Jongin’s sweaty palm was now touching his own sweaty palm. He glanced at the taller man, but that man just smiled so sweetly at him.

“Will it really help you to walk properly, Kyungsoo?” The tanned male asked him in a soft tone.

It made Kyungsoo shivered a bit. He glanced at their clasping hands, and he thought that their hands were so perfect with each other. Jongin’s big hand was perfectly hugging his small hand. It was something he wasn’t supposed to feel, but he did feel happy.

The short Angel then looked up at Jongin again. “It will really help me, Jongin,” he answered as he tightened his grip around Jongin’s hand.

Jongin smiled in relieved after hearing his answer. The two young guys then started walking back home with happy feeling.


Few days had passed, and it was morning again. Jongin woke up earlier than Kyungsoo this time. He had showered and now fully dressed in front of his mirror.

After a minute, Kyungsoo stirred in his sleep and his eyes opened slowly. He blinked weakly and glanced at Jongin without getting up from his position.

“Morning, Sleepyhead,” Jongin greeted him sweetly, his eyes still focused on the mirror but he could see that Kyungsoo was awake from the mirror’s reflection.

“Morning, Chickenman,” Kyungsoo replied.

Jongin chuckled and turned his body to face his roommate. “You still calling me Chickenman because of our conversation few days ago?” he asked.

“Yes and no,” Kyungsoo answered ambiguously. “Yes, it’s partly because of our stupid conversation about gastrolith, but aside from that, I also call you with that name because of your obsession toward Ironman.”

Jongin widened his eyes. “You're talking about my Ironman merchandises in my room? You just talking about that now? You’re so late, Kyungsoo.”

Kyungsoo snorted and responded, “I forgot to ask you about that before.”

“Yeah, sure,” Jongin . “So, Chickenman is ‘chicken’ and ‘ironman’, huh? That’s quite smart. Should I give you a pet name too?”

The Angel’s cheeks reddened at the question. “No need, that’s so cheesy,” he responded.

“But you give me one, so you’re the cheesy one,” Jongin teased again.

The short guy just rolled his eyes and eyed Jongin’s appearance from head to toe. “You look different today. Usually you dressed up neatly with jeans and shirt, but today you wear sport attire. Is there any special occasion in campus today?” He asked curiously.

“It is,” Jongin answered. “Today is Field Day, an annual sport event in my university. There’s no study activity the whole day. All students participating in the sport games all day.”

Kyungsoo nodded. “That’s good. Sports are good for our health, right?” He asked.

“That’s right. And on this year Field Day, my department will team up with Medical Department.”

Kyungsoo abruptly sat up at the statement. “What? You mean, you will team up with Medical Department’s students?”

“Yes,” Jongin calmly answered. “Every year, two departments will team up on the Field Day. Last year my department was team up with Science Department.”

The Angel in disguise didn’t listen to Jongin’s further explanation. He only heard that Jongin would team up with Medical Department’s students. That means, Jongin probably would meet Sehun.

Kyungsoo lost his energy and he lied down on the bed again. It seemed like he just throwing his body to the bed so hard. The sound startled Jongin, and he hurriedly ran to Kyungsoo’s bed.

“Kyungsoo, what’s wrong with you? Are you sick?”

And Jongin’s question gave him a brilliant idea. Sorry, but he just didn’t want to let Jongin met Sehun. At least, not for now.

“I feel so sick, Jongin. My head feels so dizzy and my body feels so weak. And I also feel nausea.”

Yeah, the idea was playing a drama, again.

“Last night we had shrimps for dinner, right? Are you allergic to shrimps? One of my friends was allergic and he showed similar symptoms.”

Jongin just added a new ammunition for Kyungsoo. “I think so, Jongin. It must be the shrimps. What should I do now? I can’t move my body. What if I’m thirsty and need to grab some drinks? And what if I need to use the bathroom? I’ll die in this room alone.”

Jongin looked so worried, he sat on the edge of Kyungsoo’s bed. “You want me to take you to hospital?” He asked softly.

Kyungsoo shook his head violently. “No! I don’t like hospital!” He answered firmly.

Jongin furrowed his eyebrows. “You want me to buy you medicines, then?” The tanned male asked again.

But, the Angel shook his head again. “I also don’t like medicines!”

Once again Jongin frowned. But, that wasn’t for too long because the moment later, he smirked while asking, “You want me to lie down beside you to chase your pain away?”

Kyungsoo blinked his doe eyes. He didn’t expect that kind of questions. “But, what about the Field Day?” He asked innocently. Even if all he wanted was just staying at home with Jongin all day.

Jongin didn’t respond. He also didn’t wait for Kyungsoo’s green light to lie down on the bed beside the secret Angel. “I can skip the Field Day,” later he answered. “So, you want me to or you don’t want me to?” He asked teasingly.

Kyungsoo chuckled before answered, “I want you to stay by my side all day, Jongin.”

Jongin just smiled and put his hand on Kyungsoo’s tummy. “I’ll stay beside you forever, Kyungsoo,” he said.

The Angel’s face getting warmer because of Jongin’s sincere statement. He lied down on his back and his face wasn’t turning to Jongin, but he was aware of Jongin’s gaze on him. He knew Jongin was staring at him.

The atmosphere was so comfortable. It was a beautiful morning, indeed. It was like both of them didn’t need to eat breakfast anymore. Yeah, they skipped breakfast.

“Jongin, can I ask you something?”

“You just asked me something, Kyungsoo.”

“I’m serious, Jongin.”

Jongin chuckled. Teasing Kyungsoo was his new hobby. “Anything for you, Kyungsoo,” he said.

The tiny guy tried not to blush so hard at the taller man’s words. He then spoke again, “Why did you let me to be your personal cook? You didn’t even know me. What if I was a robber or even a gangster?”

The human softly patting Kyungsoo’s tummy. “I believe that there’s no robber or a gangster with cute face, Kyungsoo.”

This time Kyungsoo couldn’t help but blushing. “I’m not cute!” He argued. “I need your real reason, Jongin. I know you’re kind, but I’m sure you have specific reason.”

Jongin’s hand movement stopped on top Kyungsoo’s stomach. He was just stay silent and didn’t give Kyungsoo any answer.

Kyungsoo waited for Jongin’s answer but he didn’t get one. He then glanced at Jongin, but the latter just stared at him silently. “Jongin?” He asked.

At that call, Jongin sighed tiredly. “That’s secret, Kyungsoo. I’ll tell you someday. I promise.”

Kyungsoo didn’t satisfied by that answer, but he also didn’t want to push Jongin to tell him about that secret. So, he just nodded weakly. He secretly hoping that Jongin would tell him about that before he left the earth and went back to Heaven. That thought slapped him so hard. He had to leave Jongin and went back to Heaven. Unconsciously he squeezed Jongin’s hand on his stomach.

The tall guy was startled by Kyungsoo’s sudden action. “You okay, Kyungsoo?” He asked worriedly.

Kyungsoo turned his head to Jongin and stared at the latter’s eyes intently. “Jongin…” He whispered weakly. “Can I sleep while hugging you?” He continued.

Jongin’s eyes widened at the question. The good looking man didn’t expect that question at all. But, in the end he nodded and started hugging Kyungsoo’s small frame. The smaller male hugged him back so tightly, as if he didn’t want to let Jongin go even just for a second.

Kyungsoo didn’t know that Jongin apparently knew he was lying this morning. Jongin knew that Kyungsoo wasn’t sick and perfectly fine. He just… wanted to stay at home with Kyungsoo today.

To be continued