When The Angel of Love Fell in Love

When The Angel of Love Fell in Love

Kris’ statement got Jongin and Kyungsoo’s eyes widened. That was a new fact for Jongin. The tanned male never knew that Kris and his former lover had a relationship before. Those two people acted as if they didn’t know each other when he introduced them a year ago. Kris also didn’t tell him that he knew the girl before he introduced those two to each other. His ex girlfriend was a year older than him and was a student from another department, and it was hard to believe that Kris and the girl knew each other.

And for Kyungsoo, that was also a new information. He basically knew nothing about Kris and Jongin’s relationship. And now that he got another information, he concluded that the relationship was complicated. Human’s problem is complicated, he thought.

“I dated her before you entered college, so you didn’t know about it. It was only for a month before I dumped her. You know that I was an in the past, right? I hurt her and she was angry. She planned a revenge by approaching you, Jongin. She knew that you’re my precious best friend, so she wanted to hurt you as a revenge to me.”

Jongin gasped. Kris’ explanation was something he never expected. Not once he thought about a scenario like that—it felt like a cheap drama. He didn’t know anything about that. He thought his ex was a good girl. Yeah, that was all he thought before she betrayed him by sleeping with his best friend since childhood.

“Why... Why didn’t you tell me about that before?” Jongin then asked weakly. Today he got so many surprising information. It made him felt weak.

Kris sighed in frustration. “Because you were too kind, but at the same time also too dumb, Jongin! You wouldn’t believe in me because that acted all lovely and innocent in front of you,” he explained emotionally. “She planned to ruin your future and also your family. Of course I couldn’t let it happen. I purposely slept with her so you could see her true color.”

Jongin was so shocked. Yes, Kris did sleep with his ex-lover and he had known about it. But, he didn’t know Kris’ real intention. Kris made a mistake a year ago, but that man didn’t mean to betray him. The older man just wanted to protect him, but he chose the wrong way.

“I’m so sorry, Jongin. I didn’t think wisely back then. I knew you never loved her, but any kind of betrayal must be so painful, right? I should not have done it to you. I’m so sorry.”

Kyungsoo just observed the situation silently. His instinct was right, Kris was not a bad person. But, he understood Jongin’s circumstance. Jongin was upset because he didn’t know Kris’ real intention. And yeah, Kris’ way to help his best friend was also not a good choice. The secret Angel glanced at Jongin for a moment, but the latter just stared blankly at a glass of water in front of him. He would not interfere. Jongin was an adult, and he was able to make his own decisions.

“Thanks for telling me about all of this, Kris,” Jongin finally responded. “I was so upset because you’re my best friend, and it was so hurt when you betrayed me. I thought I did something wrong to you so you decided to betray me a year ago. But now I’m relieved knowing that you’re still so caring toward me. Thanks, Kris.”

This time, Kris was surprised. “You... You forgive me, Jongin?” He asked in disbelief.

Jongin smiled and nodded. In his deepest heart, he felt so so so relieved.

“Thank you, Jongin. I promise I will be a better friend for you. I will never do anything stupid like that again.”

Jongin just laughed. He glanced at Kyungsoo, and the latter smiled so softly at him. Thanks to Kyungsoo, the hatred was no longer in his heart. If it wasn’t because of Kyungsoo, he would never give a chance for Kris to explain all the truth.

“You sure you don’t want to order something to eat, Kris? It’s already passed lunch time,” Jongin asked the older man.

Kris looked down at his wristwatch then looked up at Jongin again. “My date is waiting for me, Jongin. I think I should take my leave now,” he answered.

“Ah, so the Casanova Kris is still exist, huh?”

“No, I’m no longer a Casanova. I’m serious with a girl right now. She will be my last. I promise.”

Jongin only nodded and smiled. He was happy that Kris finally found his true love. Kris was a playboy back then, and it was so good if that tall man finally changed. At least, that tall man wouldn’t hurt any girl anymore and wouldn’t lead them all to another commotion. One big problem was enough for them.

Kris then bid a goodbye then left Jongin and Kyungsoo. That man was so eager to meet his date.

“You feel better, Jongin?” Kyungsoo asked when Kris had left.

“A lot better. Thanks to you, Kyungsoo.”

“I did nothing, Jongin. I just encouraged you, and the credit should be given to you and Kris. Kris was very brave to explain everything to you, and you had a big heart to forgive him right away.”

“No, Kyungsoo. You did so many things to me. I don’t know how can I pay for your kindness?”

Kyungsoo just giggled. He lifted his chopsticks and answered, “Pay me with food. I’m so hungry, so let’s eat.”

They laughed together and decided to eat their lunch. Their lunch remained untouched since they were in a serious conversation with Kris before. Kyungsoo had dumplings and Jongin had jjajjangmyeon for lunch. They enjoyed their food with light heart.

Minutes passed and they finished their food.

“How was it? Do you like your dumplings?” Jongin asked.

“Yeah, it was fine, but honestly I was curious about your jjajjangmyeon,” Kyungsoo answered timidly.

Jongin raised an eyebrow. “Why didn’t you tell me before? You could taste mine if you’re curious.”

Kyungsoo pouted. He was too embarrassed to tell Jongin, and he also didn’t want to bother Jongin anymore.

“I’ll order a takeout for you. Just wait for a bit, okay?”

Jongin was about to stand up, but Kyungsoo held his arm. “No need, Jongin. We can eat it another time.”

But Jongin just snorted and detached himself from Kyungsoo’s hold. He ordered a takeout even if Kyungsoo didn’t want it anymore. So stubborn.

Minutes later, Jongin came back to their table. But to his dismay, Kyungsoo was pouting and ignoring him. Jongin chuckled lightly at that sight.

“Hey, don’t be mad,” the human tried to persuade the Angel. “We can share this jjajjangmyeon at home. We probably feel hungry again after walking back to the dormitory.”

At that statement, Kyungsoo finally looked at Jongin with a wide smile. “You’re right! We surely need more nutrition after walking, right? Let me bring the food and let’s go home!” He exclaimed happily.

Jongin just shaking his head while laughing softly. He then handed the takeout to Kyungsoo as they left the restaurant and walked side by side to the dormitory.

They were chatting happily when suddenly Kyungsoo’s phone vibrating inside his pocket. Kyungsoo motioned Jongin to stop walking as he fished out the phone from his pocket. There was a new message and Kyungsoo quickly opened it. He read the message carefully, and a moment later, he dropped the takeout to the ground. The Angel in disguise still staring at the phone in horror.

“No, it can’t be...” He whispered helplessly.


Kyungsoo was so quiet after he read the new message and accidentally dropped the takeout to the ground. He just muttering a soft ‘sorry’ while taking the takeout from the ground. Jongin asked him whether he was okay or not, but Kyungsoo just shook his head. Jongin wasn’t a genius to understand the nonverbal answer.

They arrived at the dormitory in silence. Kyungsoo was so blank and he wasn’t uttering any word. Jongin was also kept quiet, as if he sensed something was not right with the shorter male. Kyungsoo wasn’t usually this quiet when they were together. Something was obviously not right here.

Jongin also offered to share the jjajjangmyeon so they could eat together (just like their plan before), but Kyungsoo once again just shook his head without uttering any word. What was the problem here? Jongin was curious.

They both then skipped dinner with different reasons; Jongin was still full because he eat the jjajjangmyeon before dinner time, and Kyungsoo because he wasn’t hungry at all.

The human also tried to initiate conversation with the pale male, but he failed miserably. Kyungsoo didn’t bother to open his mouth at all. The tall man then gave up. Probably Kyungsoo needed more time to think alone. Jongin was certain that the message that was received by Kyungsoo on their way back home had something to do with the latter’s odd behavior.

Jongin then decided to leave Kyungsoo alone for now. He uttered a ‘good night’ so softly, and without waiting for Kyungsoo’s response (it never came, anyway), he went to bed. He quickly fell into deep slumber. He was so tired today, so it was not difficult for him to sleep quickly.

On the other hand, Kyungsoo glanced at Jongin sleeping body. The human’s back was facing him. He himself now sitting weakly on top his own bed. The Angel sighed tiredly. He didn’t mean to ignore Jongin, but his mood was so so so bad and he couldn’t help but ignoring the young man.

The new message on his phone was still haunting him. It was like a nightmare. He was waiting for the message to come, but he didn’t know that it would come this soon. And, the content of the message didn’t make him feel better. The message was about his another target. Yes, it was about Jongin’s soulmate.

His heart was beating so hard when he read the message for the first time. He didn’t know what caused of the weird sensation—it was a new sensation for him. He felt uneasy and scared when he read the message from the Archangel. It contained his another target’s information:

Name : Oh Sehun

Age : 22 years old

: Male

Occupation : College Student

Kyungsoo was so shocked. Jongin’s soulmate was a... Man? But, how come? Jongin was a straight man, he dated a girl a year ago. It would be a mistake if he shot the love arrow to the two men when Jongin was into girls. It was like he forcing Jongin to ‘swing that way’.

He couldn’t do it. Yeah, he couldn’t do it because he knew Jongin was straight, not because the heavy feeling inside his own heart. He couldn’t do it not because he was not willing to let Jongin go to another man. Obviously not because of that reason.

Kyungsoo jolted a bit when his phone suddenly vibrated. He looked at the screen and read Archangel Suho is calling. His boss all of a sudden calling him, so it must be important matter. He hurriedly got up and walked to the door. He needed to answer the phone call outside so he wouldn’t disturb Jongin’s sleep.

“Hello, Sir,” he greeted his boss when he was finally outside the room.

“Did I disturb you, Kyungsoo?”

“No, Sir. I didn’t do anything when you called me.”

Kyungsoo could hear the Archangel chuckled lightly. The Archangel had a high rank in Heaven, but he was so kind and caring to his subordinates.

“Have you read the message I sent to you this afternoon, Kyungsoo?”

At that question, Kyungsoo’s body tensed. That message was the one thing that made him felt uncomfortable and uneasy. That message was like a bomb; it exploded and destroyed Kyungsoo’s soul.

“Yes, Sir,” he then answered. “But, why did Heaven send a man for Jongin? I mean, Jongin is straight. He’s into girls, Sir.”

“You concluded that Jongin was into girls based on your observation, Kyungsoo?”

“No, Sir. Jongin told me that he dated a girl a year ago. I made a conclusion based on his story.”

He could hear the Archangel sighed before giving him a response, “Jongin dated a girl in the past didn’t mean he’s into girls, Kyungsoo. No one knows about his real orientation. And, even if he was straight a year ago, there’s possibility for him to ‘change’, right? God is the only one who sent a man as Jongin’s soulmate, and we all know that God is never wrong. That man is the best for Jongin, Kyungsoo. They’re destined to be together.”

Kyungsoo’s heart suddenly felt so painful. It felt like an invisible hand just squeezed his heart mercilessly. They’re destined to be together, that sentence kept playing in his mind like a broken cassette.

“Kyungsoo, you still there?”

Kyungsoo was startled by that question. “Yes, Sir. I’m still here,” he answered weakly.

“Since you already know about Jongin’s soulmate, then you have to prepare the fateful meeting within two weeks. If you can’t do that job and can’t make those two humans fall in love with each other within two weeks, then they will never ever fall in love with each other for the rest of their lives. That means, you ruin their fate and automatically you failed your mission.”

Kyungsoo’s eyes widened. In two weeks he had to accomplish his mission. Could he accomplish his mission in two weeks? He hadn’t even met the Oh Sehun boy. He didn’t even has a plan for the fateful meeting yet.

The phone call finally ended after the Archangel finished his explanation. Kyungsoo didn’t say anything, so The Archangel simply said goodbye and then ended the phone call.

Kyungsoo stared at a space in front of him blankly. He only had two weeks with Jongin, and after that, he would leave that human and went back to Heaven. He would leave that man, but that man surely wouldn’t feel lonely since he had Oh Sehun by his side.

Kyungsoo’s body dropped to the cold floor pathetically. He was sitting on the floor while his right hand squeezing his left chest. His left chest felt so sore and tears started dropping from his beautiful eyes. No, didn’t want to leave Jongin. He didn’t want to let Jongin go with Sehun. Just thinking about that made his heart ached.

The Angel finally realized; he fell in love with Kim Jongin.

To be continued