When The Angel of Love Came Down to The Earth

When The Angel of Love Fell in Love

He was the new Angel in Heaven. It was not like he was just born as a little baby or something. No, there was no baby in Heaven. In fact, Heaven’s residents were all adult.

Angels didn’t come from their mothers’ wombs (they didn’t even have parents), but they were created directly by God. Angels were created from lights, so no wonder that Angels were glowing so beautifully in Heaven. They were different from ordinary human on earth.

Do Kyungsoo was the new Angel in Heaven. He was a beautiful Angel just like other Angels in Heaven. He had pale skin, black hair, round eyes, thick eyebrows, and plump red lips. He was not so tall, but he looked powerful in his tiny form.

As a new Angel, he still didn’t know what his duty was. As we already knew, Angels in Heaven had different duties. There were Angel of Death, Angel of Truth, Angel of Protection, Angel of Hail, and many more. In the middle of an annual Angel’s Meeting, The Archangel endowed him with a special duty (with The God’s blessing, of course). Do Kyungsoo officially became an Angel of Love.

Angel of Love. That was special title for an Angel. Do Kyungsoo was not the only Angel with that special title, though. People on earth needed love in order to avoid any hatred and war, so the Heaven provided a lot number of Angel of Love. Angel of Love’s main responsibility was spreading love among people on earth. They had their own enemy, and that was the Devil from the Hell. Devil was responsible to spread hatred on the earth, and the Angel of Love had to confront the hatred with love.

Other than that responsibility, the Angel of Love’s another responsibility was also to make people fell in love with each other. Yes, it was love among two people. In Heaven, it was God’s duty to determine human’s fate, and the love fate was included in God’s task list. God made a list of people who were destined to be together as a couple, and the Angel of Love’s job was to prepare a fateful meeting for the two people who were destined to be together. At that fateful meeting, the Angel of Love would shoot their love arrow to them. After that, those two people would fall for each other, and with the God’s bless, they would live happily ever after until the death separated them.

That job sounded so simple and easy, and yeah, that job literally was simple and easy. The Angel of Love prepared the fateful meeting from Heaven, they didn’t need to go down to the earth for that job. They also shot their love arrow from Heaven, they had special power to do it all. But, for a newbie Angel, that was a different case.

If you were a new Angel of Love, then you had to do your first job ‘manually’. Yes, you needed to go down to the earth, carefully approached the people you were assigned to, and then prepared the fateful meeting all by yourself. And it was more and more bothersome because you had to transform into a human. You had to let go your Angel form and your special power in the meantime. Your Angel form and your special power would only back to you after the two destined people met and fell for each other. In other words, if you couldn’t make two destined people fell for each other, then your mission was failed and you couldn’t come back to your Angel form and your special power would never come back to you as well.

Do Kyungsoo was the new Angel, so he had to do his first job based on that procedure. He had to disguise himself as an ordinary human on earth. He had to say goodbye to his wings, his shiny white attire, and of course, he also had to say goodbye to his special power. He was just an ordinary human for the time being.


Earth was definitely different from Heaven, Kyungsoo noted. The Heaven was full of peace and the air was so fresh, but the earth was so noisy and the air was so polluted. When you were in Heaven, you would never feel tired, sick, hungry, sad, and other mundane problems. All you could feel in Heaven was pure happiness. But, here he was; on the earth, all alone. He only walked for ten minutes, but he already felt so tired and hungry. And his human clothes also felt so uncomfortable. The material couldn’t absorb his disgusting sweat. The material was sure so cheap.

The Archangel didn’t give him a lot of things before he left the Heaven. The high rank Angel only gave him a backpack and a phone. There were some human clothes in the backpack, and the phone was a special phone. He could contact other Angels in Heaven with that phone. He also could find his target’s information on that special phone.

For your information, Kyungsoo didn’t know who his target was until his feet landed on the earth. A new message instantly came at that time, and when he opened it, he found his target’s information.

Name : Kim Jongin

Age : 22 years old

: Male

Occupation : College Student

And other important information was also on his phone.

He frowned after he finished reading all the information. “It’s only information of one person, but I'm supposed to prepare a fateful meeting for two people, right? So, who is the other person? And where’s the information about them?” He asked to himself at that time.

But, as if Heaven heard his question, his phone vibrated again, indicating a new message just arrived.

Your other target is still far from your current location, so we will send you their information when they are close to your location.

“This person is from other country or what? What if this person never come to this area?” Do Kyungsoo worriedly asked again, but then he shook away his negative thought. Those two people were destined to be together, so of course, they would meet with his help and also the God’s bless.

That was the story when Kyungsoo just landed on earth ten minutes ago. Now he was looking for a place to stay. The Archangel was not kind enough to prepare a place for him to stay. The new Angel then decided to call his colleague to ask for some help. He called his senior in Heaven.

He waited for response in his phone, and fortunately, he didn’t have to wait for so long. His colleague had answered his call.

“Why do you call me, Kyungsoo? I’m busy right now.”

Kyungsoo rolled his eyes before answered, “You’re busy gossiping with other Angels, right? Yeah, I see, Baekhyun Hyung.”

“Hey! We are not gossiping! We’re discussing about serious matter!”

Once again, Kyungsoo rolled his eyes. He shouldn’t have called this senior in the first place. But, too bad, he was a new Angel so he wasn’t close enough to his other seniors. Baekhyun was one of his mentors before he was sent to the earth, and the senior Angel was so friendly to offer a friendship to him.

Hyung, I need your help,” Kyungsoo spoke again. “I don’t know any place to stay on earth. Can you give me any suggestion?”

He didn’t get any response for one or two minutes, but he was sure that Baekhyun was still there.

“I went down to earth nearly ten years ago so I don’t remember any place there.”

Kyungsoo sighed. Calling Baekhyun was so useless, right?

“But, if I were you, I would stay in my target’s house. That will be convenience for your job.”

That additional answer from Baekhyun didn’t really satisfied Kyungsoo. “Did you stay in your target’s house ten years ago?” He asked.

“Yes, I did. We both men, so it’s okay to live together. If your target is also a man, then it’s okay for you to live with him.”

“But, how did you explain to him about your identity?”

“I just told him that I came from a village and I didn’t know anyone in the city. Now you’re also in a city, right? Just use that excuse and you will be fine. You also have your target’s address, don’t you?”

Kyungsoo nodded even if he knew Baekhyun couldn’t see him. The short guy apparently satisfied with Baekhyun’s idea. He thanked the senior Angel then ended the phone call. Once again he checked his target’s information and tried to memorize his address. Thanks, God, there was a map application on the phone.


Kim Jongin lived in a student dormitory near his university. Kyungsoo finally found that place after following the map instruction and also asking help from local residents. Living as an ordinary human sure was not easy. The new Angel spent two hours on the street before he arrived at the tall building.

“Hello, Sir. May I help you?”

A man on the information desk asked him politely. He glanced at his name tag and got an information about the young man’s name; Kim Minseok.

“Ah, yes. I want to meet—”

Wait, the cute Angel just realized about something. It would be so weird if he straightforwardly asked about Kim Jongin. That man named Kim Minseok surely would ask about his identity and his relationship with Kim Jongin. And it would be even worse when he met Kim Jongin. That man would be confused because he didn’t know who he was. Should he pretend as Jongin’s relative? Or childhood friend?

It was bad, Kyungsoo came here unprepared. If only he could meet Jongin by accident—

“Hi, Minseok Hyung! My mom called me and told me that she came here and left some foods for me. Do you have them with you?”

Kyungsoo turned his head to the right, and his round eyes widened. The young man standing right beside him was—

“Oh, hello, Jongin! Yes, your mother came twenty minutes ago and she left you some delicious foods. I gonna go grab them for you. Please wait a moment.”

Indeed Kim Jongin. Kyungsoo recognized his target’s face (there was a photo of that man on his target’s information).

“This is it, Jongin. Enjoy your food.”

“Thanks, Minseok Hyung. I really love homemade food. I’m tired of fast food but I don’t have any choice since I can’t cook.”

Kyungsoo silently observed the conversation between the two men. Jongin was about to leave, but Kyungsoo couldn’t let his target leave just like that. No, he had to do something to seize this opportunity.

“Wait!”

The two men turned their heads to Kyungsoo simultaneously. Those two handsome men frowned at Kyungsoo.

“Who are you?” Jongin was the one who asked.

That expected question got Kyungsoo nervous, but before he could respond, Minseok butted in, “Ah! I forgot about you, Sir! I apologized. May I help you now?”

Kyungsoo got more nervous than before. “I...” He tried to say something but that was not easy. “I can cook!” He continued.

But, that one statement confused the two strangers in front of him. They looked at each other for a moment before they turned to Kyungsoo again.

“Pardon?” Jongin asked again, confusedly.

Kyungsoo avoided any eye contact with the man in front of him. He didn’t understand, but it was like the tall man’s gaze made him shrank.

“I-I mean, I can cook for you, Sir. I need a job, and I will appreciate it if you can give me a job. Any job is fine,” he explained nervously.

Jongin turned to Minseok again, but the latter just shrugged. In the end, he faced Kyungsoo again. “You mean, you want to be my personal cook?” He asked, and Kyungsoo nodded timidly. “I really like that idea, but I don’t think I can pay you for now. I’m just a college student. I can’t make money yet,” he continued, awkwardly rubbing his nape.

“You don’t need to pay me!” That rush statement from Kyungsoo got Jongin and Minseok startled. “I’m sorry. I mean, for now, you don’t need to pay me. You can pay me when you can make money in the future.”

That sounded so suspicious, Kyungsoo admitted it. But, he couldn’t think any other realistic reason. Too bad.

“Um, okay, I think that’s not a bad idea since I really want to have a personal cook. I’m just so tired of fast food.” Kyungsoo was so lucky because Jongin seemed clueless and didn’t sense something fishy with all his words. Jongin was too dense, maybe. That handsome man even chuckled innocently.

“Thank you, Sir! I really appreciate it! You’re so nice!”

It was a good step for Kyungsoo, even if he didn’t really know how to cook human food. Yeah, he just didn’t want to lose this precious opportunity, so he lied.

Before Kyungsoo was sent to the earth, he was taught how to live as a human. He was taught how to dress, how to eat, how to sleep, also was taught about human’s technology and other things related to human’s life. He was an Angel, so he easily memorized all the lessons. But, he didn’t really learn how to cook. His senior Angels had taught him a little about cooking, but they didn’t give him a chance to practice.

“Okay, so it’s a deal then. Anyway, I’m Kim Jongin. Can I get your name? And, where do you live?”

At that question, Kyungsoo was at loss for words again. He did make a good step to be a personal cook for Jongin, but he still didn’t have any place to live.

“I... I just arrived from a village, and in this city, I’m homeless,” Kyungsoo, once again, lied.

“Uh, that’s bad.” This time, Minseok butted in again. “You can live with Jongin if you want to. Each room in this dormitory was designed for two people, but his roommate moved out two weeks ago. But of course you have to pay for the rent.”

Kyungsoo was surprised again. He was about to say ‘yes’ (because he had enough money inside his backpack), but Jongin spoke first, “I’ll pay for his rent. I think that’s the least I can do since he’s agree to be my personal cook.”

Wow, Kyungsoo was so super lucky. This Kim Jongin was super nice. He was not only beautiful physically, but also beautiful inside. No doubt, Jongin was so perfect from the outside. He was tall, good looking, had y tanned skin, and also had great body. His good personality completed his physical appearance. Jongin’s future soulmate would be so lucky.

“Thank you so much, Sir. And, my name is Do Kyungsoo. Just call me Kyungsoo.”

“Please don’t call me ‘sir’, I’m not that old. Just call me Jongin, Kyungsoo.”

And that was the beginning of this story. It was just the beginning of Kyungsoo’s journey on the earth.

To be continued