knowing that you love me

don't leave in the dark
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Haechan didn’t know why his heart wrenched, when he saw the drooped shoulders of Yeri walking away. It was as if something was pulling her from a dark abyss yet Haechan didn’t know what. But, like a broken radio, Renjun’s words played in his head. Haechan realized she chose the hard way down, the way to give up which were evident by her tear brimmed eyes and quivering stance.

 

Earlier, when they were sitting side by side, inhaling the winter air, Haechan knew she wasn’t meeting him over some mere ice-breaking period. It was something more and probably he had a hand in it. Haechan felt the empty look that Yeri had in her eyes as she stared at her dried up cuticles.

 

“Do you like Mark?” she asked silently, taking deep breaths.

 

“I don’t know…” Haechan replied, without thinking it over. He didn’t want to hurt more people than he did.

 

“Just tell me honestly…because…” she sobbed, gripping padded jacket tighter. Haechan reverted his eyes back to his own palm with drop of tears painting it.

 

“Yes, actually I do.” Haechan said a while later. Yeri didn’t share a glance and rose up form the cold ledge. She only muttered under her breath,

 

“Make sure to tell him that.”

 

Haechan counted the times, people told to ‘make sure to tell him that’ but he he never did. He always kept it inside, until it was eating him alive and raw. He thought it would be fine to miss classes for one day and call it in sick. He walked away and someone’s eyes followed his trail.

 

Mark was just standing behind with a phone plastered against his ears.

 

“Can we break up? I am tired. Of you.” Yeri said over the chocking tears of hers and Mark couldn’t muster the courage to say yes. Because if he did, he knew he wouldn't be able to stop himself falling for the guy he considered as his friend. He might already have.

 

When

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter