nobody knows me like you do

don't leave in the dark
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“That was kind of primitive.” Jaemin sighed. “You didn’t even touch the cake.”

 

Earlier, when Haechan had entered the school grounds with tired limbs after climbing down Renjun’s 10 storey building, Jaemin surprisingly pulled him by his wrist against him. He toppled over, finding himself crushed by the weight of Jaemin all over him. “How much stress-eating did you do?” Haechan winced as Jaemin carefully removed himself over him and pulled him up.

 

Fast forward five minutes, and they were shoved by the shoulders of rushing students. Jaemin held the corner of Haechan’s shirt tightly as he rambled off about the call he got form Mark that morning.

 

“He finally realized what cake you liked, lover boy. But you really did was smash that on his face.”

 

“What cake?” he groaned. He was frustrated as Jaemin only rolled the words ‘cake’ and ‘Mark’ from his tongue but never got straight to the point. His head was throbbing from the last minute cramming he had to do the earlier while he devoured breakfast at Renjun’s. Renjun was kind enough to help him on sorts he knew hence finishing quite the amount.

 

“The cake that Mark got for you for the purpose of burying the hatchet.”

 

When he heard those words, his heart thumped inside his rib-cage. It was a feeling of relief that perhaps Mark didn’t leave him alone. A feeling that perhaps he should have acted better, a little more rational.

 

“Mark did?” His voice was lowered to a small whimper, layered on with echoes of gossips, laughter and Haechan’s own heartbeat. “The last I remember was waking up at Renjun’s.”

 

Jaemin’s grip tightened on Haechan’s shirt, his eyes burning holes in Haechan’s clueless visage.

 

“I thought you liked Mark.” It was a small mutter, against Haechan's earlobe. Haechan only rolled his eyes and heaved his shoulders.

 

“I like him. A lot.” Jaemin beamed,releasing his hold on Haechan’s loose shirt. Haechan's trailed at Jaemin loose fingers and pursed his lips into a tight line.” I was just staying the night at Renjun’s since we had a project to work on.”

 

“Nice save.” Jaemin commented as he patted Haechan’s shoulder, brushing of some stray treads that seemed to find a new habitat. He muttered while flicking off the threads, “You should tell him that. He’s been going all brain boozle on it.”

 

“I could.” Haechan shrugged.” Actually, I would.”

 

Jaemin beamed, excusing himself for class. Haechan stared at his disappearing back, until his face shaped itself to a frown. He noticed how Jaemin had been quite on edge,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter