shall i run back to you?

don't leave in the dark
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The night was chilling, the goosebumps rising on his arms and his teeth clattering Mark walked through the crowd of pushing pedestrians, the resonating lyrics of Christmas carols and snow crunching under his soles. Mark, although hurried on his heels but the suppressed guiltiness wouldn’t disappear. The look on the tanned boy’s visage, the expression of helplessness painted on his quivering slight parted lips and his iris darkened, was etched on Mark’s mind.

 

However, the call made by his said girlfriend seemed a waste of time, honestly. He wanted to go back, to make sure he won’t lose the hand of him. It was feeling of earning, a pull of heartstrings that made Mark contemplate of what he had decided. When he boarded the bus, uneasiness expressed by his tensed fingertips. The fog of cold air that left his open mouth, and the warmth of his jacket along with the suffocating insides of the bus initiate a tired sigh.

 

Without another thought, he rummaged his pocket for his phone. He made a call to his recent, closing his eyes in impatience. How would he explain to her that he wanted to be present for the person he left?

 

He was afraid of losing the person he probably cared for the most and hence the nerve-wracking call.

 

“Yeri, yes, I was thinking if we could study in the library some other time?”

 

“A rendezvous to take care of?” she questioned, however her tone was careless and bored.

 

“No, I left Haechan at home. I finally buried the hatchet so I wanted to spend some time with him.” Mark seemed to answer in the most calm voice he could register. It probably failed, but he didn’t know.

 

“Oh.” a moment of silence.” Sure, you could spend some quality time there. I can just return h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter