broken heart issues

don't leave in the dark
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Renjun didn’t quite expect what to find on the other side of the door when the door bell rung. He left his magazine on the coffee table and rushed to witness the person who arrived. Haechan, stood there with a grimace resting on his lips, his eyes wearing a facade of excitement. Although, he looked flushed and painful at the way he stared so helplessly at Renjun, that his heart broke. Haechan slightly shook the plastic bag carrying a box, and grinned tightly.

 

“Carrot, it is.” he said. Renjun jolted from his stance before letting him in.

 

“Come inside.” Renjun opened the heavy door a little wider for the rough emotional boy to enter. He looked frantic sort of, eyes wandering everywhere and his hair tousled messily.

 

“I was wondering when you say that. I almost thought I had no where to go.” Haechan sighed as he set the plastic bag on the counter before taking a seat on a side. Renjun sat opposite of him, providing plates and spoons. Haechan wanted to cut the cake but Renjun said he rather do it himself.

 

“You don’t look like a person who knows how to cut a cake.” he said sternly before cutting the small orange cake into 2 pieces.

 

“Oh, you know so well.” Haechan sarcastically commented before laughing it off. Renjun didn’t laugh like he used to before he knew the latter was pretending to be fine when he clearly wasn’t. Renjun carefully held his hand out and rested it on top of Haechan’s palm.

 

“You have something in your head, don’t you?”

 

Haechan’s smile wavered a bit and Renjun perhaps had slightly affected his pretense that Haechan tried to hold so well.

 

“If you won’t tell me, just answer the questions I ask. A yes or no is fine.” Haechan surprisingly nodded and Renjun left the cold palm of the latter.

 

“So, I am not going to beat around the bush. Do you like someone?” Haechan shrugged and instead poked around his cake, ignoring eye contact. He was hesitating, as Renjun could deduce.

 

“I said, a yes or no will suffice. I didn’t ask for a name, did I?”

 

Haechan then rolled his eyes, resting the spoon on the plate.

 

“Yes, I do. So what about it?”

 

“And you are yet to say that to him, I suppose?”

 

“Yes.” Renjun took a bite of the cake and weirdly Haecha

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter