[S3] Prologue: Innocent Youth

My Partner

The house was located in a rural area, with farms, cattle, and the summer breeze that smells just like home. Inside a small wooden room, a young girl stared blankly while she fiddled with a tiny splinter protruding from the wooden table in front of her. Her face was pale and saddened by something in her mind.

She peeked at the window, to see two weeping teenage girls’ conversion into being “normal”. The young girl saw her friends laughed at the teenagers, and some of them threw a small rock and hit one of the teenager’s belly. A much older lady walked into the room and stopped as she saw her granddaughter looking grimly at the teenagers being punished for homouality. She saw lurking fear inside of her granddaughter’s tiny pupil.

“They’re just being reprimanded, for breaking one of the lords’ rule, don’t be scared. We’re all sinners at some point.”, said Grandma to her granddaughter.

“But I know Christine and Sally, they’re good girls. I always play with them after church.”, said the girl.

Grandma was silent, then she smiled and caressed the young girls’ silky hair. “You’re so kind.”, Grandma smiled at her granddaughter’s pure heart.

The young girl’s pure heart was hurt when she saw Christine and Sally wept because of something that is not in their control. And inside of her heart, there was also a tiny glimpse of fear. She saw herself in Christine and Sally. Even though at that time she was still oblivious to her real feelings, the heart knew. It’s as if the heart has a power to transcend time and space, her heart told her to be hurt for the feelings not felt at the present time, but in the future.

For she will also meet the same problem.

With someone she expects the least.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Chaeng…”

“Chaeyoung-ah!”, someone screamed in front of Rosé.

Rosé opened her eyes and saw Jennie and Jisoo standing in front of her. Jennie was hugging Jisoo’s arms in a cuddly way, which made Rosé blushed a little because of the cuteness. But then she saw that they were panicking.

“What is it, unnie?”

Jisoo flashed a letter:

“I QUIT BLACKPINK. IMMA BECOME A PHOTOGRAPHER. LA LA LISA HA HA,

P.S. SHUT UP CHAENG YOU CAN’T STOP ME”

At one point, Rosé was annoyed and was like, ‘That frickin’ female dog’, but at the same time, she felt something that she would never expect. She longed for Lisa.