[S2] Declaration

My Partner

Two days before the girls’ concert in Thailand, they had to do their daily routine of practicing their dancing and singing. Their daily routine usually starts in the morning so that day they had breakfast together and they were eating at the dining room.

Jisoo and Jennie were in charge of setting up the tables, and the maknaes already sat on the table ready to dig in. Jisoo and Jennie looked very sulky with their sleepy faces. They still work together as a team to set up the table, but every direction and every coordination between the two were filled with barely visible hostility. Jennie and Jisoo didn’t look at each other’s eyes or face, not even once, so it was a bit funny as they looked like they talked with their own self.

As for Rosé and Lisa whose hair was a mess, they noticed the weirdly hostile aura emanating from the unnie line. They look at each other and then Rosé smiled because of the fairly funny scene. Lisa gave a fake smile just to humor Rosé, but she looked a bit bothered by the behaviors of the unnie line. As if there was something in her mind.

After the table was set up and the foods were on the table Lisa, Rosé, and Jisoo started to eat. They made simple sandwiches with fruits and peanut butter. As for Jennie, the sulky one, she only sat pouting and playing with her food, before she darted off the table to her room saying,

“I’m not hungry”, as she walked away from the table.

Jisoo cringed as her eyes followed Jennie’s movement. Rosé thought to herself that both of them were actually cute so she tried to get away with a small cute smile without puffing up her cheeks. But Rosé’s expression a bit changed when she saw Lisa didn’t seem to be as cheerful as Rosé was.

Jisoo continued eating and ignored Jennie’s behavior.

“What happened?”, Lisa asked to Jisoo.

Jisoo shrugged while continuing to eat her sandwich. The cringe wasn’t gone from her bare sleepy face. Lisa was lost in thought and it looked like she found out, or she guessed what happened between the two unnies. The three continued eating in the not-so-good morning vibe.

Not long after that, the van came to pick up the girls. And in the van, the girls didn’t really talk except for Rosé who was trying to connect with the other girls. But the other girls had a lot of things running amok inside of their mind, so they didn’t connect very well.

As soon as they arrived at YG’s. The girls immediately went into business and trained hard, ignoring all of the problems between them for the sake of professionalism. One of the things that they share to until unconscious synchronization is when they’re doing their job as performers, no excuses, full-on hardwork.

Two hours of rigorous training, then the girls had to rest and stretch their limbs to cool down their bodies. Jisoo and Rosé had to get ready for their vocal training, they went for the first shift, and left Jennie and Lisa in the dance room. Jennie looked really sulky, and almost oppressive. But Lisa was not a pushover to begin with, so she opened a dialogue.

“Unnie, did something happened?”, said Lisa

Jennie a bit perplexed and acted like she was confused.

“Huh? No. Why?”, Jennie answered as they finished their stretches.

Lisa got a bit annoyed after seeing Jennie’s reaction. She thought that Jennie is a bit selfish, knowing that she has already dating Kai.

And she still want Jisoo-unnie?”, a fairly impolite prejudice ran through Lisa’s mind. Lisa was kinda mad at Jennie, but she tried to act maturely.

“Come on, you can’t lie, unnie. Even Rosé had noticed”, said Lisa without looking at Jennie’s eyes. Lisa smiled.

“What? No….”, Jennie ended the sentence with a slowly fading voice, another proof for Lisa to be convinced that there was something wrong. Lisa got the puzzle solved.

“Everything fits”, an unconscious thought surfaced in Lisa’s mind.

“You were jealous because Jisoo asked me first?”, Lisa said smiling, she tried to melt the sheer coldness of the atmosphere by asking it with a playful note.

“What?!”, Jennie a little bit annoyed.

“Hahah, sorry if I annoy you, unnie!”, Lisa laughed it off and acted as if it was only a joke. Jennie tried to smile but it turned out fake.

“What are you talking about?”, Jennie replied.

Lisa then went a bit serious.

“But, unnie?”, Lisa said with a much more serious tone and a faded smile.

“Hm?”

“Can I tell you something?”, Lisa looked Jennie in the eye.

Jennie just stared.

“I knew about you and Jisoo-unnie”, said Lisa.

Jennie was shocked.

“K-knew about what, do you mean?”, said Jennie. Lisa looked down.

“You know what I’m talking about…”, Lisa answered with a slight hint of melancholy.

“But…”

“I won’t lose.”

The declaration took Jennie and threw her off to her dimensions of thought. A disturbance in the wavelength of Jennie’s emotion and logical balance, made her blind and deaf to the outside world. She knew she shouldn’t care if Lisa said that. She knew she has Kai. But nevertheless, the deep vortex of emotional imbalance cause by jealousy, fear, and anxiety took Jennie in.

“I won’t lose to you”, Lisa assured it once again, and declared a war.

Jennie’s mind was still malfunctioning, so all she did was staring blankly. Lisa knew that this would make a shocking impact on Jennie, so she patiently wait for Jennie’s response.

“w-what?”, Jennie acted like klutz.

“You heard me, and I know you understand, unnie”, Lisa rose and walked outside.

“Imma get something to drink, unnie”, Lisa said as she walked out.

“Oh.”, Lisa stopped.

“Don’t worry…, yesterday? It wasn’t like Jisoo-unnie liked me or anything…, there was actually another reason on why Jisoo-unnie asked me first…”, said Lisa.

“It was a bit surprising knowing Jisoo-unnie was the one that should have been supported, by us…”, Lisa a bit sad.

“But that’s the kind and loving Jisoo-unnie we know, right?”, Lisa said.

“So don’t worry”, Lisa finished her sentence.

“w-what…,i-idon’t care”, said flustered Jennie.

Lisa chuckled, “See? You do understand, unnie”, Lisa winked and walked out.

Jennie was left bewildered.

 

Meanwhile, Jisoo and Rosé was taking a break. They sat down in silent, in almost a meditative atmosphere. Jisoo was playing game on her phone, and Rosé played keyboards. Rosé looked a bit sad, and Jisoo looked unbothered.

“Unnie”, said Rosé.

“Hm?”, said Jisoo still focused on her gameplay.

Rosé stalled.

“Um, how was the treatment?”, Rosé asked.

“What treatment?”, Jisoo looked at Rosé.

“Your treatment?”, Rosé replied with a bit uncertainty.

“Oh. It was fine…, I guess”, Jisoo answered with a smile.

Rosé nodded and relieved. She looked kinda restless for some reason. She wanted to talk more with her unnie. She wanted to connect with her. But in the end, the trauma got in her way and she gave up talking and then started playing keyboards again. Jisoo too, started playing her game again, as she took a final peek at Rosé’s frowned face.

 

Jennie pondered in the dancing room, about the declaration Lisa has just made. She tried to manage her thoughts and almost entered a trance. She instrospected about the issue with her and Jisoo. Then she finally woke from her jealousy as she remembers Kai, the person that she loves. But whenever she thought of Kai, a brief flash of Jisoo’s face surfaced inside her mind. She tried to fight her feeling of attachment towards Jisoo, strongly. A sudden relieve was felt inside Jennie’s mind, but then Lisa’s face emerged and a feeling of competitiveness struck Jennie, and there was another dark side of her that treated the situation like a game and didn’t want to lose against Lisa.

Then, she went through the mental torture phase, and started to organize her thoughts carefully. The zen slowly calmed the waves of emotions and turned it into small ripples, passing each other, made beautiful collisions, resulting in an everlasting resonation of the mind. Jennie was finally at peace with the situation, with her memories, and with Jisoo.

 

After that, the girls finished practice and went home into the dorm. The girls went straight to their rooms because they were exhausted. Jennie walked out of the room and took a deep breath. She walked along the small corridor towards Jisoo’s room. Her hand paused in the air for a second, before she managed to knock Jisoo’s door.

“Yes?”, Jisoo asked from inside.

“It’s me, unnie”, Jennie answered bravely.

Jisoo then turned silent, and walked towards the door. She opened the door but only a little, she was still annoyed, and looked at Jennie with an almost condescending look.

“Yes?”, Jisoo asked.

“I want to apologize, unnie”, Jennie said.

Jisoo was struck with a sudden familiar emotion, that she suddenly closed the door out of instinctual fear built off her experiences with love, made Jennie surprised and a bit down. Jennie was sad, but she was at a strong mental condition so she held her ground. She then sat down and leaned on Jisoo’s door. She closed her eyes, try to keep her emotions in check. The door opened a bit.

“Come closer”, said Jisoo.

Jennie took the advice.

Silence.

Jisoo was also sitting down on the floor, leaning at the door. Now the both of them were sitting back to back, only with a door separated them. Jisoo hides her face in her knees, then she peeked out, her face looked serious.

“Yesterday..., I caught Lisa crying.”, Jisoo said.

Jennie suddenly knew what Jisoo was trying to say. She kinda felt relieved, but she also felt sorry for Lisa.

“I guess you know what I’m talking about, right?”, Jisoo asked.

“The comments…, right?”, Jennie had to make sure.

No reply from Jisoo, but Jennie knew it was a yes.

“So I felt sorry for her and… you know what happened next”, Jisoo said.

Jennie was at her zen. But knowing the truth about the situation, made a sudden stir happened inside of Jennie’s mind. At that time, Jennie didn’t realize about the stir, but it was love. A love stirring inside, ready to wreak havoc once again. Jennie started to feel funny and a bit flustered.

“I’m sorry, I said some bad things to you”, said Jisoo.

Jennie smiled.

“She’s so selfless”, Jennie thought to herself.

“I’m sorry I acted like a child”, Jennie said to Jisoo with sincerity.

“It’s fine…, but can you leave me alone for the night?”, Jisoo said.

“Not to be impolite, but…”, Jisoo continued and flustered.

“Um, It’s ok”, Jennie sounded determined. But in reality the stirs in her mind began to grow bigger, and Jennie started to feel again. But she tried to shake it off.

“Ok, then”, Jennie rose. Jisoo also rose and closed her door.

“Ok”, said Jisoo.

Jennie’s heartstring was pulled a bit by the stirs. She playfully punched her chest and started walking towards Lisa’s room. Lisa’s room was located near Jisoo’s room, but not near enough for Lisa to hear the conversation. Jennie knocked.

“Lisa?”,

Lisa opened the door.

“Yes, unnie?”

“Um”

“Yes?”

“I just want to say, don’t worry, ok?”

“What? Hahah”

“We got you. Ok?”

“What?”

Lisa look a bit confused, then she started to realize the context and started to show a grateful smile.

“And…”, Jennie continued and it caught Lisa’s attention.

Jennie supposed to say that she’s okay if Lisa and Jisoo ended together. She supposed to give up and gave Lisa the full support to be with Jisoo. But the stir in her heart had turned big again. And the zen that was there, was lost once again.

“I won’t lose, too”, Jennie surprisedly said it. Jennie was a bit surprised herself and she was instantly flustered. Lisa’s eyes widened, and it turned into a wise smile.

 

“Hm, okay. Game on.”