[S2] Possessive

My Partner

It was a dull morning like it has been for almost a week since Jisoo’s departure from the dorm. Jennie’s feelings towards Kai remains unchanged, but there’s a subtle feeling of pain in Jennie’s heart since Jennie and Jisoo basically lost their best friend status.

The loss of memories, and affections that has accumulated for a decade, left Jennie with a slow burning pain everytime she opens her eyes in the morning. The feeling of a dull and meaningless life.

It was undoubtedly that kind of morning again for Jennie who had just opened her eyes and sat blankly on the bed. Her cheeks and eyes are swollen and made Jennie’s natural sulky face even more sulky. She yawned, and didn’t even bother to put extra energy to stretch her bodies.

Someone is walking on the outside, but Jennie didn’t really think of anything and just walked towards the door and opened it with lazy and dragged gestures.

She walked towards the living room to get some breakfast and walked pass the empty room of Jisoo. Just before she entered the living room, she realized that Jisoo’s room was open. And it shouldn’t be open. She walked a few steps back, and slowly peeking into Jisoo’s room.

There was no one in the room. But one thing caught Jennie’s eyes, it is a familiar thing to her for she had seen it dozen of times. It was Jisoo’s luggage sets. Jennie’s eyes opened wide, before a familiar voice from behind called out to her.

“Yo”, said the familiar voice.

Jennie noticed the husky voice, she immediately turned her head to look towards that someone.

It was Jisoo.

And she was smiling.

It was too big of a surprise for Jennie since she thought nothing of this, and she thought to herself that logically it was too fast for Jisoo to come back to the dorm. Nevertheless, the gummy smile appeared on Jennie’s face and she gave Jisoo a hug. Jisoo was a bit perplexed when Jennie suddenly jumped on her.

But.

Jisoo didn’t return the hug. Instead she just patted Jennie’s back and then slowly pushed Jennie while fake smiling.

“Um, okay, I have to unpack my luggages first, so…”, said Jisoo as she walked into her room.

It supposed to not be a big deal for Jennie cause she already has Kai. But, the fact is Jennie was a bit shocked seeing Jisoo’s behavior, and a sudden fear surfaced on Jennie’s mind.

‘Is she still the same Jisoo that I know?”, a thought crossed Jennie’s mind in a split second. She peered from outside the room. Looking at the sturdy and unbothered face of Jisoo.

Lisa and Rosé came from the outside bringing another Jisoo’s stuffs.

“Unnie, where do I put this one?”, said Lisa.

“Oh, just put it on my bed, Lisa—You too Chaeng, just put it over there”, said Jisoo to Lisa and Rosé.

Jennie was a bit hurt, when Jisoo told Lisa and Rosé about her arrival, but didn’t say anything to her. After all, she still think of them as best friends, sisters. She tried to shrug it off her head but couldn’t, she just stood there, lost in her thoughts and emotions.

“Unnie, why didn’t you tell me?”, Jennie asked. She tried to look as unbothered as she could.

“Huh? You’ll meet me anyway, right?”, Jisoo said looking at Jennie, more unbothered than how Jennie looked at that time.

“I’m serious, Unnie”, said Jennie laughing, she tried to deny that Jisoo said that in a serious way.

“What? Me too.”, Jisoo looked genuinely confused and smiled.

“Poor unnie”, Lisa jokingly laughed her of and mocking Jennie as she was the only one not invited by Jisoo. Jennie tried to smile but you could see that Jennie was actually frustrated and angry by Lisa’s mockery. Rosé laughed but she was busy helping Jisoo unpacking the luggages. Jisoo, Rosé, and Lisa, looked very happy and full of laughter.

But Jennie, she stared weirdly at Jisoo who was laughing normally, wondering whether or not something happened to Jisoo. Jennie started to get hurt and worried. Not worried for Jisoo, but for her relationship with her.

After that Jennie offered to help Jisoo, but Jisoo rejected because she said she had enough help from Lisa and Rosé. Jennie went to her own room with a playful smile to hide her hurt feelings. She laid on her room and was frustrated by how Jisoo acted. Her fluffy cheeks were red as she sulked and complained to Jisoo and herself in her own room.

“I don’t care, I shouldn’t care”, Jennie muttered to herself, and gently slapping her own cheeks. She buried her face in her bed. A flowery aroma can be felt for the sheets had only been changed. But Jennie was not as flowery as the bed for she fell far down from sky to the depths of the dark, dark ocean. Her supposed-to-be-a-good day was topsy turvied as one say.

Someone knocked on the door, Jennie answered with a grunt. And the door opened.

“Yo, you want to come with us?”, said a husky voice.

Jennie suddenly looked at the girls in front of her door. It was Jisoo, and behind her was Lisa. Jennie sat down and for some reason fixed her hair. Jisoo looked a bit confused as Lisa gave both of her Unnies a mocking smile, for she knew about the two girls’s relationship before.

“Where do you guys want to go?”, asked Jennie.

“Um, I don’t know, probably some café or thai food joint”, said Jisoo.

“Right, Lisa?”, Jisoo looked at Lisa.

“Yes, you should come, unnie”, said Lisa.

A feeling of jealousy suddenly struck Jennie, as she felt that she was not on top of the list of invitees that Jisoo chose to go with. For some reason it was Lisa. But there’s still Rosé and Jennie was indeed curious about her exact position in Jisoo’s list of invitees.

“Rosé?”, asked Jennie.

“We asked her, but she can’t.”, Jisoo answered.

“Solo preparation.”, Lisa continued.

Alright, so Jennie was at the bottom of Jisoo’s list of invitees, and the sulky fluffy cheeks couldn’t accept the fact that she was the last in Jisoo’s list. Little did she know there was a good reason for that. But the cloud of jealousy is much more stronger than rational, conducive state of mind, and so does what happened inside Jennie’s mind.

“No, I won’t go”, said Jennie.

“Huh? You sure?”, Jisoo asked once more.

“Yes, kinda tired”, Jennie answered bitterly. Jisoo noticed the hostility in Jennie’s response but chose to ignore.

“Okay, bye. Let’s go, Lisa”, Jisoo closed the door and walked further and further away from Jennie’s room. Jennie closed her eyes, and a attacked by a sudden melancholy. And she tried to sleep, but the negative thoughts buzzed around Jennie’s mind like a fruit fly, so she just laid there silently.

Meanwhile, the two other girls were inside the BLACKPINK’s car and were fooling around with themselves. The manager was on the driver’s seat.

“Where do you girls want to go?”, asked the manager.

Jisoo looked at Lisa.

“Where do you want to go?”, said Jisoo.

“Huh? Anywhere, I’m fine anywhere.”, Lisa was a bit flustered.

“No, you decide, Lisa. Is there a place you want to go to?”, said Jisoo with a smile.

“Hmm…, okay, I really want to eat Thai food, actually…”, Lisa answered with a bit of melancholy shown on her bare but still pretty face.

Jisoo also smiled warmly, for she already knew what Lisa wanted.

“Okay then, you heard it, oppa”, said Jisoo to the manager. The manager nodded.

“But I don’t like Thai food.”, said the manager playfully.

“Don’t care”, said the two girls in sync. The manager laughed and so did Jisoo and Lisa. They laughed with a genuine feeling. After a while, the laughter subsided and Jisoo looked outside the film-covered window and at the streetlights that shone on the lonely street. Her face was serious with a slight hint of sadness.

 

 

At the dorm Jennie laid on her bed texting with Kai. But weirdly, she was not in the mood to text, so poor Kai was ignored by Jennie as she rose from her bed and walked outside. Rosé had came home earlier that day, and the jobless Jennie walked into Rosé’s room.

“Oh, unnie, what is it?”, said the chipmunk.

“Nothing.”, as she intruded Rosé’s room and laid on the bed. Jennie hugged a fluffy elephant doll in her arms.

“Oh, sorry I intruded”, said Jennie after being absent-minded for five seconds.

“No, it’s okay, unnie” Rosé smiled.

“What’s on your mind?”, asked Rosé.

“….Um?”, Jennie was stalling.

 An awkward silent, before it was broken again.

“Nothing…, you know work, Solo, and…not being Solo…”, Jennie looked stressed out with a bitter smile.

Rosé noticed that something is wrong, but the trauma of fighting with Jisoo still lingered and she did not want something unnecessary happened with her and Jennie. So Rosé shrugged off the thoughts and instead went for the meaningless small-talk,

“Yes, I know, I’m afraid of going solo, too”, said Rosé before she did the “SOLO” dance with a small, awkward gesture.

“You’ll do good…”, Jennie said uninterested. Rosé smiled.

Then.

Awkward silence.

One didn’t want to talk about the real problems.

And the other one didn’t want to pry about her unnie’s privacy.

No communication, just silence.

Then a sound of thumping shoes was heard from outside the room. Jisoo and Lisa just got back home. Rosé and Jennie looked towards the source of the sound.

“Oh it’s Jisoo-unnie and Lisa”, said Rosé.

Jennie walked towards the door.

“I’m going out, Rosé”, said Jennie.

“Okay, unnie”, Rosé answered.

Outside, there was Lisa at the living room, watching television, Jennie went the other way and walked towards her favorite unnie’s room. The door was closed so she knocked.

“Come in”, said Jisoo from inside of her room.

Jennie opened the door and Jisoo was lying on her bed playing games. Jisoo stared at Jennie, a bit shocked.

“Oh, what is it, Jen?”, said Jisoo before she averted her eyes from Jennie to the phone screen trying to focus on the game.

“Can I?”, Jennie asked with a cliffhanger, knowing that Jisoo would know what she meant.

Jisoo paused her game and stared a while.

“Sure.”, said Jisoo as she continued her game.

Jennie slowly walked towards Jisoo’s bed and laid on it. Jisoo was weirdly calm and seemed to be unbothered, different from the other girl. Jennie laid facing away from Jisoo, a familiar scene. Same people, different roles.

“Unnie.”

“Hm?”

Jennie was fidgeting and was stalling for time, she kept silent. Jisoo tried really hard to be unbothered.

“Are you still mad at me?”, Jennie blurted out something that she would regret.

“What?”, Jisoo stopped playing games.

“No.”, said Jisoo as she continued playing games, now with a bothered look.

“Then why did you…”, Jennie stopped but the words caught Jisoo’s attention.

“What?”, Jisoo asked.

Jennie shook her head, she was pouting and looked really sulky.

“What is it?”, said Jisoo, now a bit more annoyed.

Jisoo let out an angry sigh, then continued playing game.

“Then why did you ask Lisa first?”, asked Jisoo.

“Whaaaat?” Jisoo finally bursted out confused.

“I mean, there must be something wrong…, you’re mad at me right?”, Jennie continued, still facing away from Jisoo.

“Wow. So you think I should invite you first before anyone?”, Jisoo started to look mad.

“That’s selfish.”, Jisoo put her phone down and faced away from Jennie.

“I mean, you’ve always asked me first before”, said Jennie.

Jisoo looked at Jennie and cringed, before she faced away again.

“Not ALWAYS.”, Jisoo emphasized.

The communication between the two was chaotic. Jennie actually knew what she wanted to say, but denial, jealousy, and fear held her down so the words didn’t come out correctly. And Jisoo if she was to be honest to herself had a bit of change of heart towards Jennie. Jisoo’s love turned to hatred even though she still try to repress the feeling and tries to be as friendly as she could to Jennie. So both of them were talking with an irrational state of mind.

“Yeah, but why Lisa first?”, Jennie is now basically a whining child. Logic has kicked out of her mind by jealousy.

“Why not? She’s my friend. Rosé too”, Jisoo was angry so she didn’t insert Jennie’s name into the list which made things worse.

“See?”, said Jennie.

“What?”, Jisoo rolled her eyes.

“If that’s what you think that is what this is all about…, let me say this. My world doesn’t revolve around you”, Jisoo said with too much hostility, which she regretted soon after. Jennie walked out of the room.

Jisoo didn’t stop her. Instead she laid down on her bed and shook her head, thinking that she was the righteous one and Jennie was wrong. But deep inside Jisoo was hurting, for she too—like Jennie—did have something to say but was held down by her emotions.

 

She had something to say,

 

About Lisa.