[S2] The Wind Blows

My Partner

Birds are chirping, the sky is blue, the wind blows cool air in a warm morning bathed in sunlight. It was a typical perfect morning, it would make anyone who wakes up in such morning swoon from peacefulness.

Just like how it was with Jisoo. Jisoo opened her eyes just to see the beautiful scenery laid out in front of her swollen eyes. She yawned and then stretched her petite body. She sat there blankly as she stared at the sunbeams shining upon the carpet of her room. She felt a pain in her heart from her battle with the depression, the battle that was not over yet for her. But in spite of the lingering darkness inside of her heart, the morning could actually help lift Jisoo’s mood for a bit.

She then looked at the place Dalgom usually slept on, then she suddenly wanted to meet Dalgom who was being taken care of by her sister, Jiyoon as Jisoo and the girls went to Thailand. The four of them went to Thailand and had a successful three days concert, and had a good time exploring Thailand while filming for a thing. Jennie and Lisa agreed to cease their battle in Thailand so a lot of touching moments happened to the girls, a lot of happy moments also. And they were back in Korea.

Jisoo rose from the bed and walked out of her room.

 

Not knowing,

 

That outside of her peaceful room,

 

Was already a war zone,

 

She walked out to a familiar aroma bursting out of the dining room. It was a pleasant aroma for her and she could guess where it came from in a snap.

Chicken!”

Jisoo walked a bit faster towards the dining room and found Lisa setting up the table. The dish was a boneless chicken with honey and soy sauce. Jisoo looked at the brownish thick sauce dripping from the beautifully glazed chicken chunks. Jisoo’s mouth started watering.

“Oh, did you order this, Lisa?”, Jisoo asked, and Lisa quickly shook her head.

“No, I made this.”, Jisoo looked at Lisa with doubt as she said the sentence. Lisa was the one member that always burn the food whenever she cooks. And Jisoo was just there standing at disbelief while looking at the delicious looking chickens.

“Can I try it?”, Jisoo said to Lisa as she wanted to pick the chicken with her hands. Someone walked towards the kitchen in the corridor.

“No, no”, Lisa slapped Jisoo’s hands, and then get a fork. Lisa then stabbed the juicy chicken, and then fed it to Jisoo. Jennie walked in as soon as the chicken entered Jisoo’s mouth. Jennie was a bit annoyed when she saw the undeniably cute scene. Jisoo’s eyes widened, as she tasted the delicious chicken, then she proceeded to give Lisa a thumbs up. Jisoo and Lisa then noticed Jennie.

“Jennie try this out, Lisa actually made a delicious dish”, Jisoo said as she chewed the chicken.

Jisoo then walked into the kitchen to get a plate and chopsticks. Lisa and Jennie traded fierce stare.

 

Me”, Lisa pointed at herself

One”, Lisa made a one sign.

You”, Lisa pointed at Jennie.

Lisa then made a zero sign, with a playful smile. Jennie looked a bit annoyed by Lisa, and her face puffed from the blood that went into her face. But the two of them were rivals and not enemies, so the two of them was fairly friendly and not hostile to each other. Jisoo got the plates for Lisa and Jennie, then the three of them ate in a fairly pleasant atmosphere.

Rosé’s door opened and she too enchanted by the aroma, started walking towards the dining room.

“Whoa, what’s that?”, said Rosé.

 

Jisoo then laughed.

“We forgot about Chaeyoung”, Jisoo laughed playfully, also Lisa, while Jennie just smiled.

“Why did you forget me?”, said Rosé with a slight hurtfulness hidden in the bright smile.

“Here, Lisa made a delicious chicken”, Jisoo said to Rosé, as Rosé walked to the kitchen to get herself a plate and a pair of chopsticks.

“Lisa made it?”, Rosé asked.

Then the sisters ate the chicken inside a warm and pleasant mood for the morning. But inside the mind of Jennie and Lisa, the war isn’t over, it’s just started.

 

“Jisoo-unnie”, Lisa asked while chewing on the tender chicken.

“Hm?”, said Jisoo.

Jennie stared at Lisa to perceive the opponent’s movement.

“Will you go with me to buy a camera?”, asked Lisa.

“Hmm…”, said Jisoo.

Jennie was hoping that Jisoo would say no.

“Ok”, said Jisoo.

“Yes! Ok then”, Lisa cheered with full of chicken.

Silence, only clanking chopsticks and plates could be heard.

 

“What about you guys?”, Jisoo asked the two other girls.

“I…, you know”, Jennie hesitantly said.

“Oh, Kai is it?”, Rosé said, and then Jennie quickly glared at Rosé.

“Oh, sorry-sorry!”, Rosé laughed awkwardly.

“Sorry…”, Rosé’s smile started to fade.

“What are you sorry for?”, said Lisa.

“And what about you Chaeng?, Jisoo asked Rosé.

“Um me? I don’t know…, I had a promise with Ella”, Rosé said to Jisoo. She was lying, she didn’t have any promise with Ella. There was another thing inside of her mind that was holding her from telling the truth.

The four of them then finished eating and went to mind their business and promises.

 

 

Jennie was in Kai’s car, she looked outside of the window with a sad-looking face. Kai noticed this,

“Is everything okay?”, Kai asked.

“Huh? Oh yeah, of course”, Jennie smiled and acted all cheerful to make Kai comfortable. She then sat there and try to put up a cheerful smile, but Kai was sharp and it didn’t fool him.

“You know, I’m your boyfriend”, Kai playfully said to Jennie.

“Oh, yeah…, sorry”, Jennie frowned.

“How did you do toda-“

“It’s okay, Jen”, said Kai as he focused on the road in front of him.

“Huh?”, Jennie asked.

“I don’t mind if you want me to enjoy the silence”, Kai said with a warm and serious tone.

“You don’t have to talk if you don’t want to”, Kai continued and then showed Jennie a genuine smile. Jennie responded with a smile, but Jennie still looked sad.

“If you want to talk to me, I’m all ears”,Kai said.

“Yeah…”, Jennie looked down.

“But not now ok, oppa?”, Jennie said to Kai with a cute bubbly tone.

“Okay”, Kai smiled.

 

The two of them drove below the red-purplish twilight sky. Jennie looked at Kai’s face, full of sadness, then she looked down and sighed deeply.

The wind murmured.

 

 

Rosé was out on the bridge after she actually asked Ella to go with her to buy some waffles. She wore her mask to hide her figure and other things to make a casual disguise. Ella was eating the ice cream they bought at the waffle joint.

“Hey, Ella”, asked Rosé.

“Yeah?”

“Do you think I’m boring?”, said Rosé with a serious look. She was looking at the flowing river below the bridge. She could see the reflection of her distorted face on the river’s surface.

“No, you’re cool”, said Ella as she her vanilla ice cream. Rosé laughed.

Rosé was silent and then she frowned.

“I don’t know why, but I don’t think that I’m a very likable person”, said Rosé.

“No, you’re a kind person, Rosé-unnie, what are you talking about?”, Ella said with a bit of anger.

“But I’m forgettable”, Rosé responded.

Ella fell silent.

The wind whistled.

 

 

Jisoo and Lisa went to a hill overlooking the city, with the twilight sky shone upon the two girls. There was nobody but them at the hill, they promised to meet and go home with their manager at 7pm. They were enjoying the view while Lisa tries the camera she just bought. Lisa’s heart was fluttering and her face was flustered but was hidden for the golden light fell upon her fair skin. She was trying to find an interesting topic to talk about. But, unfortunately she was too anxious to think about something good or barely relevant.

So both of them just enjoyed the scenery in silence, while trading awkward smiles here and there. Lisa’s hand started to shake as she put up her camera in front of her eyes to capture an irrelevant scenery. Jisoo started to yawn and looked at the vast yet lonely scenery of the city. Lights were starting to appear as tiny blips and the beauty of the playful lights started to form. Jisoo smiled bitterly at the weirdly melancholic view. Lisa noticed Jisoo’s expression and suddenly she has the courage to talk about something.

“Unnie.”, said Lisa.

“Hm.”

“That is our dorm”, said Lisa awkwardly.

“Yes, and?”, Jisoo started to smile and then burst laughing.

“That’s nonsense”, said Jisoo laughing. Lisa started to get flustered and smiling awkwardly.

“What?”, said Lisa smiling. She started to panic as her face got red and sweaty.

“Oh, your nose is red, what the-“, Jisoo laughed with that lovely husky voice. Lisa was flustered but she was content after hearing Jisoo’s laughter, for she thinks that her unnie’s laughter is a blessing to everyone who hears it.

Lisa started to fan her face with her right hand. Jisoo started to cease her laughter, and her cheerful face slowly faded.

“But…”, Jisoo took a deep breath.

Lisa smiled, focused on Jisoo.

“It’s nice that you can see our dorm by seeing this tiny mess of huge buildings from on top of this hill”, said Jisoo.

“Cause for me”

“I don’t know if it sounds too depressing or something, but…”

“I don’t see anything in this… groups of buildings”

“It’s just…., buildings…”

“I don’t see memories, nor people, nor anything”

“It’s just empty buildings…”

“I know it’s not a big deal, but…, I think it would be nice to see things not for what they are, but for what they mean”, Jisoo finished her long chopped sentence, before continuing,

“All I see is what it is, it’s meaningless. It’s sad, don’t you think? It’s like I’m already dead.”, said Jisoo with a bitter smile on her face. Lisa suddenly looked at Jisoo with a serious but annoyed face.

“I’m sorry. I just wanted to say all of that”, said Jisoo as the wind blew on her face, her hair whipping gently.

“It’s okay, I’m all ears.”, Lisa’s face became sturdy and gallant, as her fierce-looking eyes peered deeply at the tiny blips of city lights. Jisoo looked at the Lisa she had never seen before as Lisa’s hand slowly grasped Jisoo’s hand. Jisoo was a bit surprised. Jisoo smiled and gave Lisa time to hold her hand…

But slowly, and politely,

 

She slid her hand off Lisa’s hand.

The wind blew.

 

 

Jennie was walking at the park with Kai, when a sudden phone call from Jiyoon came. Jennie had a bad feeling but she tried to shrug it off as she answered Jiyoon’s call.

 

Meanwhile, a heart-shaped lip girl was laying on her bed, looking at the ceiling, lost in her hollowness.

The girl slowly put her right hand just beside her head. Then she made a gun shape with her right hand as she put the “barrel” right onto her temple.

 

And with a blank look,

 

“Bang.”, mouthed the girl.