The Mist

Dear Diary: The Apocalypse, 2012

►►►

"ahhh... this burns.... Tao!!"

"Speak only when spoken to..." He sighed. "Luhan you need to calm yourself..." Tao placed his finger into a small glass container and scooped out more of the gel he was using on Luhan's epic burn. It seemed to him that the skin was melted deep into him.. this needed imediate care.

A tear of pain escaped Luhan's eyes as he scratched at his chest just a little bit below the burn.

"Stop your crying... What were you doing in that hole anyways? Didn't I instruct you to stay with me?" Tao slapped Luhan's face. "Grow up! This is not the place to cry, no one will listen to your tears! Be a man!" He stood up after placing the last bit of ointment and ran his hand through his thick black hair in frustration.

"Tao hyung... since we can't stay here, where do we go? Soon there will be nothing left of this city..."

Tao turned to Daehyun. His small figure barely visible in the thickness of the air. "We have only yet to find out... I understand this city will be nothing but ruins... We must bare through Luhan's foolishness before we leave... I also have a sense there may be someone else in this city."

"Your right Tao, your right. I also feel this way." He put his hands together and helped up Luhan from the ground.

Suddenly, they hear a small noise from afar. "Hide." Tao whispered and slid behind a pile of concrete. Luhan and Daehyun split.

 

"Chanyeol! Stop! You are soo annoying!" I giggled.

"Nope, I'm not going to stop! Theres nothing else intresting to me, and no one else. What am I gonna talk to those weirdo's about?" he pointed back and chuckled.

It was a bit weird when he spoke because of the sudden deepness his voice. The baby face, plus the manly voice, was just the overwhelming opposite that I was looking for.

"Wow your impossible!" I slapped his shoulder.

"Okay, whatever.. I'm stopping." he pouted, but continued his poking on my back. "I'm just kidding, I'm not stopping..." He smiled and crinkled his nose.

I laughed and before I knew it I was speeding into a place of complete darkness. The air was unusually thick in this area. It stung my eyes.

"Chanyeol! Guys?!" I squeaked, but no answer.

"who are you?" asked a sharp voice. I opened my eyes and saw nothing. My arms waved everywhere, but I couldn't sleep. It felt like a nightmare where I was unable to make a sound, but still able to make movements. Despite my arms flailing around trying to grasp anything tangible, I couldn't feel the source of the voice.

"I asked a question.. Didn't I..... You can call me Tao." Suddenly my arms were forcably wrapped around my back.

"Tao, I got her!" He pulled me close to his chest. "Wait..her?...its a girl..." Luhan astonished from what he said took a sniff of my neck.

"A girl?" Another hand touched my face carefully as I shook, the hand remained calm. He stopped his hand at my chin. "Let her go... Luhan! Let her go!"

The boy holding my arms imediately fell into the darkness. Silence encased me again.

"Hello, I'm Daehyun... I'm sorry we scared you. We are sorry. The rest of your group is waiting for you and you were the only one able to enter..." With hearing this gentle voice, I opened my eyes with flash and saw light again.

"Yah, you just fell!" Zelo shook my shoulders. "What is happening to you?" Yongguk looked at me with the intense look he always carried.

"I think I just bumped my head...."

Chanyeol jumped through the guys and landed next to me. "ahh, I read your diary... when I was getting you some water... Woah, you guys had an adventure!" he laughed. Then he looked at me and his laugher faded. "You don't look to good, Yuri.." he touched my cheek.

"No duh! Idiot! she looks like she just woke up from death!" Sehun shreaked. "Awww my poor Yuri!" he crawled past the others. He put my hand in his. "How long were you guys traveling? I've been sleeping all this time and you never told me? What happened to you?"

I looked at the Yongguk, suprised at Sehun's sudden "normal" actions. "I have no idea.." He shrugged.

I shook my head and looked at Sehun. "Yes, you were asleep this whole time..."

He kissed my hand and pulled me up.

"Hey! Who said you could kiss her?" Chanyeol put his hands on Sehuns shoulder and pulled him towards him.

"I didn't kiss her, its her hand. What is it to you.. and Who are you?" He pushed Chanyeol's hands away.

"wow, you really did lose your mind." Chanyeol looked at me and smiled. "This whole time she's been talking to me, not you. All you've been doing is.."

I Jumped around and did everything to stop him from saying what he was going to say. My arms were everywhere and I mouthed words like "NO NO" or "Don't", but of course he didn't listen.

"losing your --"

"Losing your mind as he said before. You boys should stop fighting over this girl. I'm pretty sure she doesn't like it at all. Your only losing her intrest." A tall handsome young man that was forcably holding Chanyeol's head to his chest winked at me and flashed a killer smile. "Yo!! These guys are complete nut jobs.. hahah look at these babies, they fight each other in a time like this over a girl they should be protecting." He laughed as three others followed him.

One was quite short, but that didn't stop him. He walked out ahead of the other two with a smirk on his face. One of the two behind the shorter one was putting in a knife into his boot, His brown hair falling over his eyes as he looked at me. He showed no emotion in his expression as he kept his eyes locked into mine.

"eh! Look at me." I turned my head and looked at the skyscraper before me. "Wow, aren't you an innocent one. I'm Kris, hun, Why are you the only girl alive? Special probably." he answered his own question. "I'm Kris, and this is XiuMin, the short one, and Lay, *he doesn't really talk to anyone*(he whispered) and last but not least the bright one, Suho!" he clapped wildly as they bowed. "we have been stalking you and you guys.." he spun around and walked up to Yongguk. "you guys are just a disgrace to the male population!" he continued and poked at his chest.

XiuMin laughed and pulled out a gun from his pocket he started to shoot the sky. Yongguk pushed Kris away and they growled at each other like two lions ready to rip each other apart. Kris pulled away and chuckled. "dude, its not even worth it, you care about her or do you guys just wanna seduce her?"

Suho walked up to XiuMin and pulled the gun out of his hands. "What are you doing?" They looked at each other angrily. "Nothing, bro." he started laughing awkwardly.

I looked at the large group of boys before me. It was suprising that they hadn't yet harmed me or worse, me.

"I'm Yuri." I smiled and looked at Lay who watched me behind Suho and XiuMin. Kris looked at me with wide eyes and slid towards me. "She spoke! Wow, If only all the boys in the world knew how nice it feels to hear a girls voice after seeing all of them dead at every inch of this disgusting city."

At this point every one of them had their eyes on me. "Please don't look at me like this.." I wrapped my arms around myself and went towards the innocent Zelo standing apart from the rest of the group.

Kris laughed and started walking away from the rest of the group as Suho, XiuMin, and Lay followed him. I watched Lay as he slowly walked away. "wait.." he whispered and turned his attention towards me.

"We should stay..." his eyes not moving an inch away from mine. As if he was gaining power from looking at me.

"yah, Lay. We should go.. I would take the girl with us, because she's clearly in danger with these boys, but I think she'll be fine. Let's go. This citys gonna swallow us soon anyways. "I have to stay with her...." Still he didn't take his eyes off of me.

"Yo! take your eyes off of her.. I know last girl on earth whatever whatever! get out of here." Sehun pulled me into his arms and I pulled away imediately.

I walked over to Lay. "You want to stay with me?"

He nodded and looked down. "I want to stay... Kris! we're going to stay. Its best we stay in a group, Kris." He smiled and looked back down.

"Yeah, he's right!" XiuMin looked at Kris and skipped to Where Lay was standing. Kris turned to Suho.

"I think thats a good idea." he shrugged.

Kris sighed. "yeah, I guess, but you have to follow me. We're pretty close to the airport... XiuMin knows how to fly a plane sooo."

"you guys are also headed to the airport?" I asked.

"yea, we are. Lets go." he led the way while the rest of us followed silently.

Chanyeol hurried up again by my side. "Yuri, doesn't it feel a little weird being surrounded by so many boys." he whispered.

"mhm, but I also get the sense of protection. Like all of you would die for me. You've spoiled me this much." I smiled.

"well, us men... hahh.. will do anything for someone as delicate as you, Yuri." he placed his arm around me.

I pulled it off. "Don't do that. Have you already forgotten how many others are here."

He looked back at the rest of the guys and three of them already had their eyes on him.

He turned back around. "oh.." he backed away.

"you don't have to stop talking to me..." Suddenly my stomach growled. "Shoot, when's the last time any of us had a chance to eat?"

"ahhh I don't know exactly, but I have a granola bar in my pocket.. Its kinda smooshed now, but do you want it?" I looked at the half eaten bar in his hand. It looked better than nothing right now.

I pulled it out of his hands and started to chew on it. The texture was a bit stale, but it comforted the dry growling. "Thank you so much." I replied with relief.

He smiled. "No problem."

"Hey! what did he give you?" Sehun whispered in my ear.

"just a granola bar.. why?"

"I'm just worried about you Yuri. The group is so big now, I wish it could have been just us two, but of course we end up picking up random strangers." he scowled at Chanyeol.

"Sehun, please just stop all this. You think I chose to be in this mess. We need to stick together, you heard them didn't you?"

"yeah, I did." He sighed.

We all continued to walk until we were on a bridge. It was a pretty big bridge where cars passed through every day just to reach work or leave the city. This bridge ment long road trips or the excitement of escaping a city where you had been stuck your entire life. In our case this bridge symbolized leaving the city that may destroy us. Leaving our home because of a disaster. Leaving our dead family and friends behind and to move on. I personally had never been past this bridge. I had always been holed up in this city, in my home. It never did matter to me to leave or to explore. I couldn't go past my own world. Now this was going to be an experience worth everything.

I pushed past some of the guys blocking my path and ran onto the bridge, taking in a huge breath of air. The loud creaking sounds from the bridge were filling the air, but my legs continued to take me away from everyone behind me. That is until I ran straight into someone.

"Stop!" he put his hands out. His slightly dark skin in the mist covering the bridge was like seeing a purple rose in a group of pink ones. His eyes watched me intently as he made his way closer. "Stop." he whispered. The black hair on his head bounced as he took rough steps in my direction. "Stay." he smirked and disappeared in the mist.

"Find her! Lets go men!" I heard Kris yelling behind me.

"I found her!"

All of them rushed towards me, their footsteps inched closer behind me. "You think you can run away from us?" Screamed Yongguk in my face.

"man, be gentle." Kris pushed him away and touched my chin. "Yuri. Baby, don't leave us like this. Who knows what's at the end of this bridge. We just need to stay close, alright?"

I continued to stare off into space as Kris waved his hand in my face. "You look like you saw a ghost." he shook me until I was back to reality.

"it was nothing.."

"fine, lets go then." He led the way again and Yongguk slowly walked towards me.

"If your feeling tired, I could help you with that." he put his arms out.

"No, I'm okay. We just need to keep moving." I tried my best to ignore all of these guys for the time being. I was not one to be comfortable with chosing one over the other, like these boys are doing. Except, they don't have much choice.

While we continued on, Suho and XiuMin climbed on the cars and shot things. At some points I was acctually afraid of what they were going to do next. Kris had to scold them often for being barbaric. Although, somtimes their savage actions were very cute.

We started to drown in the mist as we traveled. To a point I had to hold onto someone in order to not get lost or injured. Lay was the first one avaliable because he had already noticed.

"You can hold on, Yuri." he whispered and put his arm out.

"Thank you." I smiled and he pulled me to his chest.

"Stay together with your voices guys!" Kris howled.

I heard multiple voices and they continued until we all ended up close together. Before I could move away from Lay, I noticed I was completely surrounded by the group of guys, all of them crowding around us. Zelo stood next to me with the puppy and Suho and XiuMin were right in front with Kris.

After a couple mintues of walking in complete silence other than Suho and XiuMin throwing random comments to each other, Kris stopped and spread his arms out. "wait.. The mist stops here." He walks out and Yongguk follows him. He walked back in. "Come on." he smiled with a swift motion of his hand.

I looked at Lay and his eyebrows rose. He turned his attention to the rest of the guys disappearing behind the mist. We followed egar to see what was on the other side.

Indeed Kris was right. The mist did end. I looked back at it and realized that what he ment by the mist ending was literaly the mist ends. It looked as if it was sliced by a knife or almost like a wall made of foggy thickness.

I turned around to where we were now heading. The visibility was nice, but the area was dark and dreary. The bridge led into a mysterious road that was unusual in many ways. Lay's hands shook as he looked at what lay ahead of us. Kris and Yongguk stopped in their paths with an indescribable expression on thier faces. The question "What?" covered each and everyone of the expressions. This definitely was something.. Something that would change the whole course of this expedition.

 

►►

Hey, Guyssss!

So exo's new video is out MAMA!!

did you see did you see, the song totally matches my idea of this story!

Exo is the group that makes music that is magical and fantasy like and I like magical and Fantasy like!! ayyay!!

so yes I did intro some more guys in this, I thought maybe it would be good to add some funny randomness people and whatever. :P

ahahahhaahah I hope this chapter isn't too obnoxious or confusing :/ please offer some constructive criticism pleaseeeee thank you my faithfull subbies and commenters :D