Something Unusual... Inconceivable

Dear Diary: The Apocalypse, 2012

►►►

She stood there... The boys hands still wrapped around her wrists.

"Yuri!"

A sharp calling of her name was heard. She turned my head. Still nothing.

She closed her eyes and took deep breaths and once she opened them she saw two boys standing before her. They poked her face and then the shorter one spoke. 

"She sees me Luhan hyung." Said the one with blonde hair. The other stood behind him with a frightening expression on his face. His features displayed those of a child, but when he would scowl it would be quite scary. Despite everything she remembered the name. Luhan.. and the same incident had occured in the past when he held her arms behind her back and someone named Tao ordered him to release her. 

"looks like shes the girl that we'd seen before. Remember? Do you think Leader Tao would want to speak to her?" Luhan studied her face and asked. There was the name again. Yuri knew that this was the same situation. Except she didn't understand how all this was humanly possible. Even though everthing else happening really wasn't considered usual anyways, she still wondered. 

She thought she might speak for a change.

"hey! Who are you?" she asked the typical question that anyone would ask in such a situation. 

Luhan, without answering he pulled her out of Sehun and Chanyeol's grip. He took her arm and dragged her to another guy hidden behind a wall of shadows.

"Tao.. I have someone to speak to you." he pushed her towards him and once again disappeared. Yuri looked at the  young man standing before her, his hair the color of midnight and his pale toned body dressed in all black.  His hair resting right at his eye lashes so Yuri couldn't exactly see his eyes. She said his name in her head. Tao.

He parted his lips to breathe and walked over towards her silently. Even each step he took didn't make a sound. "what is your name?" he asked with a gentle and comfortable voice. It rang sweetly through her ears.

"Y-Yuri..." her voice faded to a whisper. As if it was trying to match his voice.

He nodded and led her to the two boys again who were still frozen in time. "Tao." She called, but without turning around he disappeared back into the shadows.

Suddenly turning Sehun and Chanyeol and everyone else were back to normal.

"hey! Stop!" She heard a deep voice raging from behind. Sehun and Chanyeol still fighting over her as if she were a game of tug of war, but stopped when Kris's voice echoed through their ears.

 "it's getting late and cold. We don't have anything to eat and no place to rest... but my boys XiuMin and Suho found shelter and food. Don't know what it is, but it doesn't matter cause we're hungry. They also found a small underground cave. I mean how long has it been since we rested?" He asked and without expecting an answer he rushed into the dark trees following Xiumin. Yuri shook her wrists out of their hands and rushed after him. As did everyone else.

Kris led them to a small cave Underground and Suho was cooking something over a fire. The fire was a source of light and heat. Sehun and Zelo jumped towards the fire as quickly as possible and the small puppy cuddled up next to them. To Yuri it was the sweetest thing she'd seen all day.

Kris sat next to XiuMin and Suho while they cooked up whatever they found and Bang started talking to Lay. Chanyeol sat next to the puppy and started to pet it softly. For once no one wanted Yuri's company. They all started doing their own thing. 

Quietly, Yuri snuck away from them once they were completely occupied. She was quite bored and wondered if she walked around she might find something interesting to do. Back when she was home, she would explore her backyard and would eventually run into an object of interest. 

The woods were dark and cold that night, but she had Kris's jacket on so she was as safe. 

She wandered around quietly, touching the bark of the trees and trying to keep herself awake. The darkness stood quietly in the atmosphere while the cold pierced through it. The wind howled slightly, but otherwise everything else was quiet.

Yuri continued wandering about, but kept in close proximity to the cave. She didn't want them to start a search for her if they had realized her absence. Yuri sighed as she started humming to a song that she listened to on the ride to school the morning it all started. It cleared her mind from things. So much that Yuri saw a glowing light behind one of the trees. 

The light seemed to move as if it were a person glowing in the night. She gasped and hid herself behind the nearest tree, watching egarly as the light started to die down. Eventually, her curiosity took the best of her and she rushed over to the tree with slow steps against the rustling leaves covering the ice cold ground. 

Yuri noticed a young boy sitting. His knees pulled to his chest and his arms covering his face he leaned on the tree as he slightly rocked back and fourth. A thin shirt covering his back, Yuri felt for the shivering young man and carefully ped Kris's Jacket, handing it too him after taking it off. 

"Hey.. Excuse me? Are you cold?" She shook her head at the obvious Question and took a deep breath as she looked back at him. His face now turned directly towards her and his eyes almost bulging from his head, Yuri gasped when she saw those eyes. They were a sort of illusion that grew and grew the longer Yuri looked at them. 

"Please, take it." she blinked and dropped the jacket next to the boy. Yuri quickly covered herself and grabbed the boys arm. Trying to slip the jacket onto at least one of his stiff arms. 

The boy pulled away from Yuri and stood up. He looked at Yuri curiously watching her for any more movements. "I'm lost." He spoke sharply and walked around the tree ending up next to her. "Your , you wear the jacket." He watched her wide eyed and took her hand in his. He analyzed it curiously and bit her finger. 

Yuri's instincts caused her to pull away obviously, but the boys grip was strong. She stood there silently waiting and watching for what he would do next. "Whats your name?" she asked rather nervously as she continued trying to pull her hand away. 

The boy looked at her. He wouldn't stop staring into Yuri's eyes and as he continued for a couple seconds, Yuri noticed a glowing dot in his eyes. It was right in the middle of the pupil. She noticed it starting to glow as it gradually became bigger. He stood there frozen after it spread over his entire eye.. both of them. Two glowing lights, like headlights on car, broke through the misty darkness, which put Yuri in a daze. 

He blinked and put his arms to his sides as his entire body from bottom up started glowing through his clothes. Yuri backed away as far as she could. Mixed feelings penetrating through her as she fell back into someone. 

"It's me Lay.. What the hell are you doing out here?" He held onto Yuri's arm as the glowing light from the boy took his attention. His mouth opened and his grip on Yuri's arm tightened. "what is he doing?" He whispered into Yuri's ear. 

"I can't control myself..." The boy's voice was cold in the already frigid atmosphere. "I cannot tell why, but I can't control myself..." he coughed and put his arms up before the glowing disappeared suddenly and he fell to the ground. The boy took plenty of deep breaths as Lay rushed over to him and pulled him up over his shoulder. Yuri slipped on Kris's jacket and followed them back to the cave. 

Before Yuri entered the cave she pulled out her diary. She looked inside it and put it away. She wanted to write about the glowing boy, but she couldn't seem to find a pen or pencil anywhere. Yuri put her diary away and climbed inside. All of the boys sitting in a circle around a miniscule fire. Sparks barely snapping and smoke rarely filling the air, they all seemed to huddle together. Esspecially Sehun, who seemed most affected by the cold. 

Yuri watched Lay as he carried the boy into the circle and set him down. Yuri sat down next to the boy and looked at the rest of them watching intently. Kris sighed loudly and rose an eyebrow at us as if asking what was going on.

"He's lost, we're taking him with us.. alright?" Lay spoke in quite a confident tone as he took no notice of Kris squinting his eyes at him as if wondering if that was really the Lay he knew. Kris brushed it off his shoulder and scooted closer to the fire. There it was again. That sense of a sort of weakness in him that Yuri always noticed in the boy. 

Yuri was lost in thoughts while she kept her eyes on Kris, but quickly became distracted by a soft tapping on her shoulder. She turned over and saw Lay bending a piece of dry grass in his fingers and he looked at her from the corner of his eyes. He opened his mouth to speak, but before he did he looked around to scan his surroundings, as if making sure no one was watching or listening. Yuri pulled herself past the drowsy glow boy and look at Lay curiously. 

"we can't tell anyone that he glows. If he glows again make sure you get him out of everyone's sight." He whispered. Yuri shook her head and shrugged. "I can't... I can't tell when he does." 

Lay bit a dry piece of grass and spat it near the fire. Some of the boys looked up at him with scowls. He quickly turned away and looked back at Yuri. "you can tell." he nodded and imediately changed the subject. "look at whats happening to us.." he looked over again at the almost dead looking boys. Yuri turned towards them and noticed something now that she hadn't since she came inside the cave. The boys had almost a blue tone in their deathly pale skin. There was no life in their skin and equally no life in their movements. Some swayed from side to side, huddling against each other, and others blinked as if tired, but couldn't find the urge to fall asleep. There were so many of them now. Yuri felt she was responsible for each and every one of them, but how could she care for so many now. 

Yuri sighed as sleep overtook her. Her eyes being weighed down each second she tried to keep them open. She turned to Lay, hoping he was awake, but he fell to the ground, his eyes still open and blinking. He lay there as lifeless as the others, but through the silence she could still hear faint and slow heart beats echoing inside the cave. 

The glow boy sitting quietly next to her was the only one that seemed fully awake and alive. He looked at her, one of his rather large eyes covered by a slight curl dangling from the middle of the boys head. Yuri looked over his innocent face and his hair back. "...Whats your name?" she asked in a cold whisper as she felt herself drop to the ground behind her. She continued looking at the boy as he stood up and watched all the others as they fell. Their eyes were constantly blinking and their hearts beating loudly.

Yuri grabbed the boys hand as he was about to walk away, but he pulled away as he stepped on the small fire with his bare foot, putting it out almost instantly. He walked over to Yuri, taking her hand he kissed it lightly and before she knew it, her eyes couldn't see anything, but just black. 

 

►►►

...Thank you to my wonderful Subscribers. I apologize for the late... late super late, update. but I had to put some thought into all this since it was really difficult for me to think up the next part of the plot after re-reading everything..

Thank you so much, and I really really really hope you enjoyed this chapter <3