Speaking alone...

Dear Diary: The Apocalypse, 2012

►►►

We continued walking. Well Zelo and I continued walking while Sehun limped.

My shoulder started to become numb from hours of carrying him. The heat in the atmosphere started to grow on me and my clothes became wet from the ongoing sweat dripping from my pores. I panted like a tired dog. The sky started to darken, but no moon in sight to shine light down on us.

At one point I started to limp. I thought of stoping but the fear of the darkness gaining on us kept me up on my feet, increasing the pace as light became scarce.

I kept an extra eye on Zelo, but his curiosity kept him occupied. Although, it didn't keep him away from danger. I would have to yell at him if he went somwhere I didn't approve of. Another wounded individual was not what I had in mind as a great idea.

I looked at Sehun. He stoped crying awhile ago after he had started again. The stick in his hand left blisters and pieces of wood in his skin. Even though all those movies about the end of the world would end up leaving a wounded character to die, There was no way I was about to leave him to fend for himself. He was still too precious to me. Even if it took all my strength and all my attention I would give it all to him.

A bead of sweat dropped off of his face. He looked at me and noticed my eyes on him, lost in thought.

"You are tough. He was right. Why are you still with me all this time?All I ever did was hurt you and you carry me on your shoulders without hesitation. Why?" He whispered into my ear with a hoarse voice.

I sighed and looked at Zelo. He started to jump on a broken potted plant as if trying to crush it under his weight.

"Yah! Zelo! Get over here, will ya!? How many times have I told you.. Do Not put yourself in any unnecessary danger!" I screamed at the top of my lungs. A loud buzzing sound came from the sky as I said this.

"Noona! Its not any danger! Its a friggen potted plant. Oh.. the soil is totally going to poison me." He laughed.

He walked towards us and started to mess with his phone. "Dang, no signal!" He shoved the phone back into his pocket and looked up at the sky.

I turned my focus on Sehun.

"Sehun... I would walk to the ends of the earth with you by my side. Don't ask me why. Don't worry either. As unacceptable this enviornment is to us.. we need to learn to adapt. To try and find a way out and quite frankly, I care about you, and Zelo. I also need someone for me. I feel like there is a good reason why I'm alive. Why you guys are alive. The moring when I woke up under the many dead bodies covering me, I wondered. I wondered why I didn't end up dying with them. I felt like something or someone saved me. I have a feeling I was supposed to be alive... We were supposed to be alive. Even if we weren't, it wouldn't hurt us to try and get through this tog-" I paused when a loud sharp wind blew past us, knocking us down.

Sehun grabbed his leg and hissed in pain. I  dropped down to my knees and held his hand in mine trying my best to confort him. Zelo was on the ground next to me pulling his orange mask to his face.

The wind sent stinging sand and blinding smoke to our eyes. We sat there huddled together, getting penetrated by the severe wind storm.

Zelo started to cough and choke. I looked through the thick blurr in my eyes for a building we could stay in. One that was safe enough. Then I caught sight of a car. It was in pretty bad shape, but it was the only thing in sight that had in some form, an open door or entry.

Suddenly struggling to pick Sehun up while the wind bit at my skin was agonizing. He held his wound tightly and I could feel his breathing starting to become lighter as It was being whisped away from the fast wind. Nothing was visible anymore.

Zelo followed behind us trying to tell us something. I couldn't hear a thing, but a muffled voice behind me. Instead of trying hard to figure out, I pointed at the car. I watched him run towards the car as fast as he could. Loud caughing still escaping his lips.

He opened the back door and went directly to the passenger seat.

I slowly put Sehun down on the seat and he scooted back to the other side.

"Keep your legs up on the seat... Just rest, alright?"

He looked at me and nodded lightly. He closed his eyes as I climbed in slamming the door behind me. I started to shake the sand and dust out of my hair. As I bit down, I encountered many forms of sand being crushed with every bite. I spit onto the carpet in the car and jumped to the front seat with Zelo.

Taking a deep breath I opened my eyes and looked at the small hard rocks hitting the windshield. They made little thumping noises as they collided with every inch of the car. It sounded like a stormy day when rain pitter patters across a window, but just a little bit harder.

I looked at the ugly black and brown colors shooting right before my face like little devils trying to attack. Whatever they were.. they were filled with complete evil.

Turning my gaze back to Zelo was a mistake because he had another gun in his hand. Which caused me a pretty bad scream. "ZELO! Where the... how did you get another gun?!"

"I'm sorry Noona! I.. um, snuck it out of Sehun's pocket." He sunk into the seat as he spoke.

I completely forgot that he had a gun, but now I didn't care whether he had a gun or not. I really just cared about our safety.

"Just put it away for now. I'll deal with it later." I looked at him seriously.

"Okay Noona. I'm sorry." His head hung as he put the gun behind his jacket. He started to cough again with some serious wheezing. Then quietly he looked out the window.

I decided to pull out my diary and write some more. I think it was time for my diary to know about what was happening.

I took the scarf and unwrapped my diary carefully.

 

►►►

Dear Diary,

Friday

December 21, 2012

 

Sehun is in the back seat. He's just laying down all alone. I just need to mention him in every page, sorry :/

Do you think that I'm right about this. About there being a reason that I'm alive? Where in the world am I getting these ideas!? Diary, I know you won't be able to answer my questions, but I really have to talk to you. I wish you were a person. A human that would listen to everything I was going through.

I bet you felt those rocks hitting you through the scarf and ew it smells funny.

Lol, I think I will have to talk to you later. Its getting darker and my eyes hurt from writing in the dark.

Thank you for being there for me before and now. I will never be ashamed of writing to you. You listen to my problems quietly and say nothing back. The best part is, you won't leave me, only I would leave you, but I would never.

PS: Thanks again. Good night.

Sincerely, Yuri smiley

 

I took the diary and carefully wrapped it in my scarf.

Zelo was now asleep. He looked unusually cute sleeping.

I turned around from him to look at Sehun. He was looking at the window on the opposite side. His legs on the seat. His clothes now hardened from the blood from his wound. I looked at it and shivers ran down my spine. The jeans curled up at the edges where it had been ripped with the gun shot. I looked at him again. Even though his hair was messed up and his face was dirty and tired, he still looked beautiful to me.

As he looked out the window, not paying any attention to a staring me, pain and fear filled his eyes. He wondered about the future looking at the darkness. As it started to darken It was harder for my eyes to see his face.

I looked around for lights. I was not so fond of the dark, but the light was obviously not going to turn on.

When the lights were gone. My mind raced back to a scary flashback.

Three years ago when I was 14 years old I went trick or treating. My candy was nothing that I would want to eat later. My mother wasn't with me and I didn't have friends so I was all alone.

I walked around getting tootsie rolls and thats about it. Then I skipped every house and went into this unfamilar place. There was a house there with a single light on up in the attic window. I inched my way closer, slowly. I hoped there wasn't anything trying to pop out at me from the rich darkness surrounding.

I had no choice but to follow the one light I saw. I looked up and the moon was covered with grey clouds leaving it to a blurry light from above.

As I reached the front door I knocked on it loudly and instead of someone being there I heard a loud SCRREEEEE... as It opened up by it self.

Suddenly the light in the attic turned off and I was once again encased by pure darkness.

I closed my eyes and turned around hoping I can find my way back just by feeling. Instead I tripped over things I never had felt before and landed on a dusty wood floor.

I started to cough as the dust crawled into my nose making it tickle. The irritation in my nose was just a start when I heard a small sneeze from across where I was still laying from the fall. The sneeze echoed, but I wasn't in a room.

At least I thought I wasn't in a room. Last time I checked I was standing outside in front of a house. Not in a room or inside the house.

That would explain the wood flooring.

Suddenly I heard the same child like squeeky sneeze again, but this time it was closer.

I pulled myself up from my arms slowly, trying not to make sound, but the wood creaked as I made the smallest movement.

I stopped with my hands in the air. As if scared that the wood would scream at me again for moving.

I could feel my eyeballs open, but nothing, absolutely nothing was visible.

The sneeze rang my ear drums again, this time I was next to my ear, as I could feel the breath of the person sneezing in my ear.

I jerked back from the sudden feeling. My body tingled and I wanted to leave. Tears started to roll down my eyes. Sobbing wasn't going to help. I picked myself off of the ground ignoring all the sounds the flooring created as I did and I stood up straight. 

My mother always told me that to scare away your fears, you should always stand up straight and know that your stronger.

I lifted my foot and dropped it hard. I closed my eyes at the sound I was expecting, but instead I felt soft grass under my shoe. I pushed my heal in before opening my eyes only to feel soft soil.

Darkness still surrounded me and my lower lip quivered. Thumps in my chest were heard as I looked up and noticed the light in the attic was on once again.

I turned around and ran as fast as I could to anywhere. Anywhere, but where I was. Once stopping I tried to catch my breath. As I took every deep breath and my waist expanded to let in air, I felt something wrapped tightly around it. Slowly lowering my head to look at what it was, I saw my bag of candy wrapped around with a small rope.

Suddenly the bag of candy fell and the small rope disappeared. Looking into the bag I saw candies that I had never seen before. The best ones, The ones that kids go to the rich people to get.

That night was the best halloween night ever.

I continued to dream about the day I indulged in the sweetness without the fear of it being poisoned until Zelo woke me from my dream with his unusual cough/wheeze.

I shook his shoulder. "Zelo, you okay?"

He opened his eyes slowly before mumbling something and turned back into a deep sleep. I turned back around and relaxed back into my seat. The only audible sound of sand constantly hitting at the car and windsheild, kept me awake for a long time. At least we were safe in this car.

I started to bite my finger nails. It was a bad habit that I had since my nails started growing to bite them every time I was nervous or worried.

"Yuri... I can't sleep. Would you come back here?" I heard a sad whisper behind me.

Sehun was looking at me with a really depressing expression on his face. The bags under his eyes darkened.

Suprised that he called for me I jumped to the back seat and sat next to him. "Would you like to talk to me?" I asked while putting my hand on the now blood red cardigan tied to his thigh.

I could see only his shiny eyes and the area around. Sometimes I could see his lips as he spoke, but everything else was just, well.. I had to feel everything else in order to help him.

He sighed as I tied the cardigan thighter and rubbed his leg. "You are an angel, Yuri." His teeth were visible. He was smiling.

I just wanted to lean into his arms and fall asleep for the rest of eternity. The warmth from his body lingered around me and I just couldn't help, but to try and have anyother form of contact with his body.

I set my hand on his hand and played around with his long fingers.

"Sehun... you don't mind me doing this... do you?" I giggled for a second.

"Hmm.. go ahead. I can't move anything anyways." His head went down.

"What will we do now? We have to get that bullet out of your leg.. Somehow.. and then stitch the wound up. Otherwise it'll get infected."

His hand started to grip onto mine.

"Theres a pharmacy around. It has everything. I don't know exactly where its at in this chaos, but I think we'll find it.... Who's going to operate." His voice shook as he said the last four words.

I his hand, messaging it lightly. "I will. I was a doctors assistant last summer, volunteering, and he had me watch him as he stitched up a dead animal. I don't think it would be that hard.. Sehun. Please be patient with me."

His hand went to his forhead. He wiped it and took my hands in his. "I hope I can be patient." He put my hands on his chest and I felt his heart beat. It was racing and his shirt damp with blood stained my hands.

I pulled away from him and his hands started shake as he crossed his arms. I heard small wimpering from his lips, he sounded like some innocent puppy, crying for his mothers embrace.

"Sehun.. Don't cry." I wrapped my arms around him and he buried his head in the crook of my neck. Tears wet my neck as he cried. His arms wrapped tightly around my back squeezed the life out of me, as he let go of himself. I heard his muffled voice travel to my ears. I patted the back of his head and his hair, trying to relax his tense body.

"You are so comforting, Yuri..." His voice trailed away as he stoped crying, but stayed where he was, breathing in my scent.

I'm comforting Sehun... Who knew this day would come.

 

Alright, so the last chappie was not so good. :/

I hope I did much better on this one!

Thank you to my friend Sonja, for being such an inspiration for my writing! SillySonjilly628 

She is great! you should totally check out her stories! They are both amazing!

Thank you to my subscribers and Commenters!

I love you all for taking the time to read my stuff and give me great feedback!

Thank you soo much <3 I apreciate comments in any form. If I have something that really bugs you then don't be afraid to correct me. After all I'm nowhere near perfect.

I will work at it as well as possible. Bless you all :)

Loveforwords <3