Unnecessary Feelings Caused By Them

Zone Out
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Today, we are all hungover as we hold the very first press conference for this show exactly the next day after we all get drunk during the celebratory party last night.

"Ugh, why do you not check your phone regularly? If we only knew, we would not get this wasted." Momo Unnie almost scolded Heechul-nim. 

"Who would have thought that they'd schedule a press conference by themselves, the Director does what he wants at all times!" He exclaims, frustrated at how everyone of us looks like a mess. 

But when he realized the tone Momo Unnie used, he snapped his head at her, "Yah! I'm your boss, how dare you speak to me like that?!" He shouted, he then points his finger to the both of us, "Yah, you two are losing that innocence you once had when you entered the team." 

I just scratch my head, extremely annoyed at how noisy everyone is and at the pain my head is feeling right now. 

I got a little too drunk last night. 

The staff members arranged the place and there Heechul-nim instructed, "Chaeyoung, go to your position." 

I just nod my head and slowly get up from my seat to proceed to the front of the stage. 

I will be in charge of the stage, as well as the flow of the interview. I check all the microphones, the tables, the floor and the press area. I, likewise, gathered the press to the other room and gave them guidelines regarding the questions they are allowed and not allowed to ask. 

I went back to the main room only to find them already at the backstage as their stylists make the final touches of their look for the day. 

I walk to them, I first check Sana's earpiece, although they are only sitting, it is a protocol in our company to make sure celebrities wear them just in case they encounter questions they can't answer by themselves, we are ready to provide them. 

"Are you okay now?" She worries, I just give her a faint smile and hum. 

"You were really drunk last night, here." She hands me a medicine, "This is what my manager uses everytime she experiences headaches due to hangover."

It's annoying how she's worrying about me. 

"Thank you." I accepted the medicine and put it in my pocket. I then turn to Jungkook and saw that the chord of his earpiece is not properly hidden. 

Aish, people would notice. 

I was about to touch his chord when he suddenly grabbed it. I look up to him, and without even looking at me, he tells me, "I'll do it by myself." 

"Okay." I simply answered since my head aches badly right now. 

We were about to begin when I felt my head to become a little dizzy that I had to hold onto the chair to balance myself. 

Ugh. 

Drinking too much alcohol is never a good idea. 

Just then, Jungkook's assistant handed me a bottled water, I just stared at it and question, "What is it?" 

"Jungkook-ssi wants to give this to you." I turn my head to his direction, and there I see him leaning closer to Sana as she whispers to his ear. 

I grab the bottle from his hand, and mumbled a low thank you. I then smirked to myself, ah, he is such a good friend, he still cares for me even when his attention is all on her. 

"Chaeyoung, can you hear me?" I was brought back to my senses when I heard Heechul-nim from my earpiece. 

"Yeah." 

"Okay, let's start." 

He counts, "3,2,1." 

I signal for them to move on to the stage, and there cameras started flashing left and right. 

"Chaeyoung, ask them to move a little closer. Their space is a little too big." Heechul-nim told me. 

I raise my hands and gesture for the two of them to move closer to each other. 

I watch every little steps they make...

They are moving closer...

Closer...

A little too closer...

"Yah! Chaeyoung! They are moving from each other again, what happened?!" He shouts directly to his microphone that my ears almost bleed. 

I then noticed my hands moving outwards. 

I just clicked my tongue, ugh! 

It's just by instinct okay?

I just think they are a little too close. 

The show went accordingly until, the inevitable happened, a reporter dared to ask the forbidden question. 

"Jungkook-ssi and Sana-ssi, is a romantic relationship possible to bloom." 

"AIsh! These reporters." Heechul-nim uttered. 

When I turn my head to the two, I found Sana-ssi tuck her hair behind her ear while Jungkook accidentally meets my eyes. 

I didn't avert my gaze, neither did he. 

When I noticed that there was this deafening silence on their part, I slightly nod my head, signalling him to answer the question. 

My heart was racing rapidly, probably, out of curiousity and anticipation of his answer. 

"Sana-ssi is a very warm person. We're forming our friendship now, please don't ask these types of questions."

Ah. She's warm.

They are forming a friendship. 

Th-that's nice. 

 

Momo unnie and I headed home as soon as the event finished. 

"It's a good thing that Jungkook-ssi is calm, he was able to answer the question wisely. We're going to return the earpieces to them!" Unnie rambles as she gets her towel to take a shower. 

I just hum with my eyes closed as I sit on the couch. 

I was startled when Unnie suddenly screams, "Daebak! Jungkook-ssi is amazing!" 

I furrowed my eyebrows, what?

"Why?" I wonder. 

She is suddenly standing right in front of me with her hands on her hips. 

"You're really lucky to have him. Yah, do you know how wasted you are last night? You throw up from the kitchen to the shower floor, and have you seen it? He cleaned everything up, while you're shouting that he's annoying." She scolded me. 

I blink my eyes multiple times, not having any idea of what happened last night. 

"Aish, if his fans find out that he's being treated this way." He slowly shakes her head as she takes her leave. 

I stare blankly ahead as I sit on my bed with Momo's words playing in my mind. 

I get my phone from my side table and dialled his number. I hug my knees tightly as I wait for him to answer, however he did not. I take a look at the time on my wall clock, he must be training right now. 

Still feeling a bit dizzy, slowly, my eyes closed as I take a nap. 

It was already 6:30PM when I woke up, I instantly take a peek on my phone and as if a burden has been lifted, I saw a message from Jungkook. 

Jungkook : Why did you call?

I dialled his number once again and this time after one ring, he immediately picks up. 

"Hello? Jungkook?" I say. 

There was a brief silence before he answers with a hum. 

I pout, knowing now why he has been avoiding me. "I'm sorry." 

Again, there was this silence, "I'm sorry that you have to clean my mess last night. I promise, I'll never ever drink again." 

"Don't think about it, Chaeng." He trying to soothe me. 

I don't know what to say anymore when he suddenly says "Is that it? I have to go back to practice." 

I swallowed hard as I feel like refusing to end the call since I can see that these days, we haven't been talking that much. 

"Bye Chaeng." 

Before we both could even hit the end call, I mustered up the courage to tell him that, "You're not

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter