The Girl With High Heels

Zone Out
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Didn't we agree to put Kim Taehyung here? I told you for so many times that Jungkook is not comfortable with cameras alone, now we add to his burden by putting a female co-star?!" I shout, raging with anger. 

"Yah, there has been rumors circulating that Jungkook is either a player or a gay because he doesn't date. Yah, Park Chaeyoung, your friend is already 25 years old, and I think it is just natural that people are curious about his lovelife. And after talking with his manager, we decided to end all the rumors." He explains with enthusiasm, "A Jungkook plus Sana show will surely be a hit." He said dreamily.

I then smash the table hard, "YAH! THIS IS NOT A DATING SHOW! I AM THE WRITER AND I REFUSE TO MAKE THIS AS SUCH!" 

"YAH! PARK CHAEYOUNG" I was startled when suddenly Sunbaenim yelled. "I am the head producer here, I am your boss, how dare you shout at me, huh?!" He stands from his chair and pointed his index finger at me. 

I swallowed hard when he started lecturing me about respect and his authority over the matters of this show. 

I may be a little tough and dauntless, but I am not stupid to answer my boss. 

I don't ever want to lose this job, now that I am already in SBS, I'll take every opportunity until I get a position in the Drama and Movie Department.

I did not really want to be part of the Variety Show Department, however, this is the only vacant position when we graduated, so I just considered it as a stepping stone. 

 

I went out of the Production Tent with my eyebrows furrowed in the middle. 

And I become angrier when I saw all the staff members surrounding Sana, as if she's the only one that matters in this show. I was about to stomp my way to them when Momo Unnie suddenly approaches me.

"Hey, Chae, let's not make this a big deal, okay?" She says before pursing her lips into a thin line. 

I glared at her for seconds before I speak, "How dare you keep this from me? You both tricked me." 

She closed her eyes as she exhales deeply, "Look, I'm sorry, okay? I just knew that you'll oppose it no matter what, knowing how protective you are of Jungkook. But after discussing with Heechul-nim and Manager Sunmi, we thought the viewers will love it more if he'll be casted with a girl. And we all know, Sana is Korea's sweetheart as of this moment. She has 20 commercials under her belt, not to add her numerous dramas and movies. It's a jackpot for us." She earnestly explained to me. 

I take a glance at the girl who's smiling prettily at our staff before I turn my gaze at Momo Unnie, once again. 

I smirked at her, "Are you sure she can survive the mountains, look at her." I point at Sana's direction, "She's wearing high heels here. She's just another problematic idol, for sure."

I was shocked when Unnie slapped my arm, "Yah, Chae. Stop judging a person. She isn't what you think she is, okay? Since yesterday, she wanted to change into her own sneakers, however her manager forced her to wear those. Let's just work together, okay?" She then rolled her eyes before leaving me in my spot. 

 

"We'll proceed with our first activity today, Jungkook and Sana, you're both going to try to harvest the vegetables, the grandmas own. You can also use the carabao, don't be nervous. Just be natural, okay?" Heechul-nim instructs the both of them. 

While we walk, I notice my cameraman focusing the shot at the lower part of Sana, I slap this man's head before I whisper, "Don't be a ert."

I watch Sana as she keeps on pulling down her too short dress. Before I could even ask her to change clothes, someone beats me to it. 

"Excuse me, can we pause first?" Jungkook suddenly raised his hand which caused everyone to halt. 

"What is it?" Heechul-nim, who's in the main set watching through the cameras, asks through the microphone. 

I answered, "Jungkook asked for a break." 

"Ah, make it quick." He just said. 

"Can you hand her new clothes? She doesn't seem to be comfortable with her dress." He asks. 

Sana is quick to wave her hands, "No. No. I'm okay. My Manager wants me to wear this." She, again, smiles prettily to us.

Jungkook, without talking to her directly, told Unnie, "Momo Noona, her clothes are not appropriate for the activity. Make her wear something more comfortable. This isn't a stage." He firmly told her. 

Momo unnie doesn't seem to know what exactly is she supposed to do, since it's a matter of what's right and her deal with Sana's manager. 

I just blow my hair out of my face, "Sana-ssi, come on. You change your clothes. I'll be responsible for it." 

 

The two of us are currently in the tent while I let her change her clothes. 

"Thank you so much for lending me these clothes." She bowed. 

I just shrug, "Who in their right mind would bring fitted and short dresses in the mountains." I remarked. 

I was surprised when I heard her giggle, "You're right. But I can't oppose my manager's commands."  Can I wipe that smile off? 

I just scoff, when she suddenly speaks, "He's nice." I turn to her and raised my eyebrows, "He's nice. Is he a basketball player?"

Jungkook? Is she talking about Jungkook?

"Who? Jungkook? He's a football player." She doesn't know?

"Ah... I'm sorry, I'm not familiar with sports, so I didn't know him. But now, I do." She now beams at me. "I'll go ahead now, Chaeyoung-PD."

With the way she asks about Jungkook, why do I feel a little uneasy about it?

We proceeded with the agenda for the day, and that is to harvest the crops. 

They were first guided by the farmers until they were left alone. 

And to be honest, the both of them are doing a great job in this. Without hesitation, they both went to the mud and started doing their job. 

My mouth, I guess, was hanging so wide as I watch her diligently following the orders of the elders, just then I heard Momo Unnie whisper to my ear, "See? I told you, she's not what you think she is." I turn my head to her, "You should have trusted me. I'm never going to set up Jungkook with someone like that girl. I know your standards." She winks at me. 

I felt my breathing became a little unstable as I listen to her words. 

Is she saying that this girl can actually be perfect for Jungkook?

I then stare at this smiling girl then to Jungkook. 

Really?

Jungkook is my bestfriend since we were still in diapers. He has been there, he has seen me in my best and worst. 

I should really commend him with his patience, for sticking with me all these years despite the fact that he has a lot of other people to choose from other than me. 

Ever since we were younger, he has always been popular not just among girls but also among the guys.

He's well-loved. 

The total opposite of me. 

I am this girl that everyone in school didn't enjoy hanging out with. Thanks to Jungkook, I never spent lunch alone, he'd always choose me over his cool and air-head friends. 

Now, that's where I think I owe him, big time. 

I feel like I rob him out of his freedom, enjoyment and happiness. 

That's why I felt the need to be a little protective of him. 

Okay, okay. Over-protective of him to be honest. 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter