Jimin Wants Nothing But Jennie

Zone Out
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"I need the latest edition of the entertainment book prescribed by our head producer but it's only available in the city." I pout as I tell Jimin the list of books written on my notebook. 

He's quick to ask, "Is that it? I'll go buy you one." 

I furiously shake my head, "Yah, what are you talking about? That's too far and you're telling me that you're buying me that?" 

He just smiles at me and shrugs, "I have nothing else to do." He turned to his heel, "See you later, Jennie." 

"Yah! Park Jimin, come back here!" I shout out loud in hopes that he is going to stop and just stay here.

I shake my head thinking how could this guy be stubborn most of the time. 

That night, I was able to gather new information regarding the production of shows using the recommended book he bought for me. 

I was about to head to bed when I accidentally come across the photobook I made during our 4th grade for a project which I continued to fill until now. I opened it and little by little I went down the memory lane.

I looked at the first picture, it's the one we took back in 2003 at the famous ramyeon shop, 

"I need to take a picuture of us, smile now, Jiminie." I instructed him. 

He smiles as I click the digital camera I hold. I went back to slurping the noodles, he then asks, "What is the concept of the project?" 

I shrug my shoulders, "The star that shines the brightest."

I smiled to myself as I remember how red he was at that time, Jimin is just the softest man ever. 

I look at the picture just below the first one, taken in 2004 when he made the school win its very first Football Championship after he successfully kicked the penalty ball. 

"Jennie!!!" He runs towards me and lifts me a little.

"Yah! Put me down!" I slap his arms, "Did you see that? Did you see that kick?" He is exhilarated as he screams in joy. 

I just chuckled at him, "I saw!!!" I squealed. 

He then grabbed me by my shoulder, "Let's take a picture, come on."

"You're sweaty!" 

I laugh a little, "What's wrong with my face here?" I mumbled to myself as I look at my irritated face. 

I turn the page to see our elementary graduation photo, I have the gold medal around my neck while he holds a certificate of recognition for making the football team the best in our region. 

"I'm going to be the best football player in the world, and you're going to be the best movie director in the country." He dreams as we sit on the swings of the playground after having dinner with our families.

I giggled, "I will make a heartwarming movie that will win all the categories in an International Film Festivals." I smile proudly.

"That's right. We will be taking the business class as we fly to the other parts of the world. While you're on your way to the Academy Awards, I'll be heading to the FIFA!" He most enthusiatically utters. 

"You finally achieve it, Jiminie." 

The fourth photo is us celebrating my 13th birthday, I remember him saving up just to buy me the cake I've been looking at every time we passed by the pastry shop. 

"Just stay here, I'll just go somewhere. Wait here, Jennie." He left me as he ran his way to I don't know where.

Since I've got nothing to do, I started drawing on the sand.

"Is that us?" He asked.

I just look up at him and hum, "This is how we should be until we get old. We should still laugh together." I answer.

Although he doesn't really sing, he still tried, "Happy Birthday to you, happy birthday to you, happy birthday happy birthday happy birthday, Jendeuki..."

I smiled at him and say, "Thank you, Jimin."

"Make a wish." He asked me.

I closed my eyes and genuinely pray, "I wish that we stay right beside each other for the rest of our lives..."

"I think my prayer worked, we're still together until now." The next photo made me chuckle a bit, "I was really petty back then." 

"Yah, look at this, you look terrible when you actually won." Jimin complains as he looks at our photo.

I just scoff, "I didn't. I got second place, Yerin is the winner." I childishly pout. 

He pulled my lips from both sides, "You won! Out of the 30 contestants, you got a place. Now smile and stop being sulky." I grab his hands, "I'm going to kill you!" 

The next picture shows a Jimin with full of cream on his face while I stubbornly put more on his face. 

"Why are you here?" I asked the person panting so hard in front of my house. 

"You bought me a cake, right?" He asks. 

I just blink my eyes multiple times, "Yeah, but your teammates and friends are throwing you a party, right?"

He nods his head, "Yeah, they did. But I left early." He paused, still trying to catch his breath, "Bring the cake out, I'm hungry." 

He made me move to the side as he steps inside my house.

"You're really stupid, for always choosing me, Jimin." 

I trace the following photo, ah, this was when he was recruited by the top team in football here in Korea right after we graduated College. 

"Congratulations!!! You made it! This was just your dream, now, you're going to play there." I hand him the bunny designed cake I specially bought for him. 

"How's your application?" He wonders as we walk to his house. 

I sighed, "I wasn't called yet." I then turn to him with a frown, "Yerin was already accepted in KBS."

He narrows his eyes at me, "And how did you know that?" 

"I religiously visit her social media accounts." My answer made him laugh out loud.

I once again giggled when I saw this picture we took when I treated him dinner to celebrate me being out of the unemployed population.

"Woah, this is the most delicious meat I have eaten in my lifetime!" He exaggerately exclaims. 

I just snickered, "You're overreacting! This is nothing compared to the food you eat everyday."

He shakes his head furiously, "This is delicious, the best in Korea." He acts as if it really is the best. 

I just rolled my eyes as a smile creeps on my face.    

Tears almost fall out of my eyes as I stare at the next photo. 

The picture where he won the National Championship for his team and when he was held as the player of the year, beating his seniors. 

I my lips, as I felt needles prick right through my heart. 

His greatest achievement where I wanted to congratulate him, specially. 

However, things have changed. 

And more special people come to our lives. 

She came to his life, Yoo Jongyeon. 

The uneasiness I felt every time I see them together, the needles that prick right through my heart every time he smiles at her, the heartache I felt while watching them, made me realize one thing. 

All this time I have him by my side, the joy I felt in my heart every time I see him the happiest, the delight I felt every time he cheers me up, the sorrow I felt during his bad days...

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter