When That Ball Hit Her

Zone Out
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"1, 2, 3." 

Click... Click... Click

"Please smile a little more, the one that's good for a variety show poster." The photographer instructs me. 

I restrain myself hard from grunting. 

They are being all too demanding, just a while ago they asked me to act cute and now, they want me to smile oh so prettily. 

"Kindly hold this bunny near your face, people would like it more." He suggests happily. 

I push the inside of my cheeks to control myself, however all my irritation suddenly is wiped away when I saw Chaeyoung showed may her thumbs up and assuring smile. 

Okay, okay. I know it's pathetic but right after seeing her face, I immediately obey the instructions. 

"Good job, Kook." I went to me while clapping right after the shoot is done. She then handed me a cold drink. 

"You owe me, Chaeng. They are making me do a lot of cringey stuff." I say before I sip the caramel frappe she gave me. 

She then pats my arm, "Sorry. People like these kinds of stuff. Just bear with it, for the viewers, for the ratings." She wiggles her brows up and down. 

Just then, Momo walks her way to us. "You were so cute there, Kookie-yah." Momo winks at me which caused me to just roll my eyes. 

She then turned her attention to Chaeyoung, "Here's the final list of our choices to join Jungkook this show." She gave Chaeng the paper. 

I leaned closer to her to peek on the list.

Kim Taehyung

Minatozaki Sana

Park Hyunsik

Bae Suzy

"Let's just choose between the two guys." Chaeyoung says without tearing her eyes away from the list. She then adds, "Jungkook is not comfortable with cameras, all the more with having female co-star."

I slowly nod my head, agreeing with her words. 

However, Momo is quick to rebut, "I don't think that's possible Chae. Their schedules are all packed. We're still negotiating. Also, Heechul thinks it's nicer to have a female co-star opposite Jungkook. It'll make our show more interesting." She explains. 

Chaeyoung bites her lower lip, considering the matter deeply. She then gives back the paper to Momo, "Whatever. I'll just talk to Heechul when we get back to the office." 

We suddenly heard a clap from the photographer, "Okay, that's a wrap. We already got pictures in hand now. Thank you guys." 

I waited at the side bench as Chaeyoung and the rest of the team cleaned the place up.

Suddenly, Momo sat beside me. "That was so tiring, to be honest. But I'm so excited for this new show. Chae and I are hands-on with the concept." She mindlessly utters as she scrolls through her phone. 

We were sitting silently when Momo suddenly gasps and calls out Chaeyoung. 

"Oh my God, come here. Come here." She eagerly says. 

Chaeng walks quickly towards us and as soon as she reached us, Momo showed her her phone. 

I see her furrowed her eyebrows as she reads whatever it is that Momo is showing her. 

"He's visiting South Korea. Don't you think it'll be more interesting to cast him as well?" She cheerfully says. 

I was confused and curious at the same time so I asked her, "Who is it?" 

Momo turned to me and blurts out, "Kang Daniel."

Chaeyoung is quick to decline the idea, "Unnie, no."

Momo then playfully narrowed her eyes at Chaeng, "Why? Still has that lingering feelings towards your first boyfriend?"

I clench my fist as I am once again reminded of the very first heartbreak I felt since I realized my feelings for Chaeyoung.

"You two were perfect to be honest." She once again teased. 

I saw Chaeng's slight glance at me before she told Momo to, "Shut up, Unnie."

He is coming back. 

 

COLLEGE 

"Pass the ball to Jungkook, Jungkook ace that ball. Kick it right there, take this win for us." Coach daesung commands. 

"YES COACH!" I shout firmly. 

I am getting this win for our team, even though this is just a practice match against Sungkyunkwan, I still want to prove to everyone what this school is best at. 

We all stand in our position until we heard that whistle once more. We ran in the field, trying to distract our opponents, until Daniel hyung finally got the ball from the other team. He's running quickly with the ball rolling in front of him. 

He suddenly threw me a glance; it's now my turn. 

I run with all might as I heard someone shouts my name. "Jungkook!!! Go Jungkook!!!" 

I can't help but take a quick glance at the owner of that familiar voice. And she's standing near our bench shouting madly. 

I smirked, I'll get that goal. 

"!" Daniel Hyung shouts when he realized that he kicked the ball a little too hard towards me. 

Although the impact will be a little stronger than what's proper, I got ready to receive when I was pushed down by someone. 

. They play dirty! 

I heard loud screams and gasps from the crowd. 

Half of my teammates went to me. "Are you alright?" Bobby hyung asked me as he helped me stand.

I nod my head as I hissed in pain.

"Yeah, it just hurt a little."

Crap them, that's not how you play. Bobby hyung then turned to out teammate, "Is the girl okay?" He questions worriedly.

"It's bad, she was hit right in the face, but Daniel hyung is assisting her." He informs Bobby hyung.   

I knit my eyebrows and ask, "Girl?" 

He just nods his head frustratingly, "The girl near our bench was hit by the ball." 

My eyes widen and I almost forgot how to breathe, I turn abruptly and to my horror I saw her.

 . 

There, I saw Daniel hyung running with Chaeyoung in his arms. 

.

 

"You can go now, hyung." I told him as I sit beside outside of the clinic, waiting for Chaeyoung. 

He just shakes his head and waves his hand, "No no. It's partly my fault, I kicked the ball quite hard. I feel bad." He says as he walks back and forth in front of me. 

Just then, the nurse went out to see us both there. 

"Oh, you two waiting for the girl right?" She asked for which we answered with a nod. "You can go inside, she's in the third bed."

We went inside and I called out her name "Chaeng?" 

"I'm here." She responds almost too quickly and I move the curtain to see her. 

There, I saw her touching her nose that's covered. 

"Are you okay?" I inquired. 

She just clicked her tongue, "Yeah. But it hurts a lot to be honest." I went to sit on her bed, when she adds, "I was worried for a moment if my nose cracked, thank God it's all fine." she says with her hand on her chest. 

"Those bastards played dirty right there." She angrily said, nevertheless she still apologized for saying the word bastards. 

I lightly touched the bridge of her nose, "I'm glad you're fine." I suddenly utter since I was extremely worried about her a while ago. Just then I heard someone behind me clears his throat. 

Oh right, he's here. 

"Oh, this is our captain here, Daniel hyung." I introduced. 

Chaeyoung just looks up at him without saying anything. 

Daniel hyung smiled a little "Hi there. I just

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter