When The Ferris Wheel Stopped

Zone Out
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Jungkook! Come back here! Where do you think you're going?" Sunmi Noona calls out to me when I suddenly went out of the car when it barely moved due to heavy traffic.

I turn to her, while smiling, I say, "Sorry, I really have to hurry, I can't miss this. This is huge for her." I then close the car door and run my way to the venue. 

When I reached the place, I immediately asked the receptionist. She first asked for an autograph which I didn't have the heart to refuse, seeing how glad she is to see me. 

I immediately turn to go to the hall the lady told me, when I saw her. 

My heart started beating wildly inside my chest, I swallowed first this big lump inside my throat to avoid an embarrassing crack when I speak, "Congratulations." 

She turned with wide eyes, looking so surprised to see me there.

"Yo-you're here?" She asks. 

I was still trying to catch my breath, she adds, "Did you run?"

I chuckle a bit, "A little. I don't want to miss this." I honestly told her. 

My heart almost explodes when she suddenly showed me that beautiful smile.

I then took the chance to stare at her, she must have prepared a lot for this. She's wearing a little make up, her hair slightly curled with a pink hairpin on and she wears this pink dress that fits her perfectly. 

I take a deep breath before I tell her, "You look be---" 

However, I was interrupted when he calls out her name, 

"Chae, they're looking...Jungkook?" 

I stand there with a ripped heart, I stare at them while they exchange these looks only they could understand. 

I then focused on her... that's why. 

That's why she's been acting differently, that's why she looks extra beautiful today, that's why she wears that beautiful smile. 

I snickered internally, you're dumb Jungkook. You've seen this all before, how come you still thought that smile is for you?

You're dumb. 

My trail of thoughts was cut when she suddenly speaks, "You were saying?" 

I briefly lowered my sight, "Your dress is a bit short, Chaeng."

It's a bit short for him to see. 

She once again asks, "What?"

"It's a bit short." I plainly answered.

I instantly raised my eyes when she shouts, "Right, it's a bit short and it doesn't look good because my legs are thin, right?" She paused for a moment before she continues, "Can you please stop treating me like a child? Can you please stop acting like my mom? I am not a kid, I am an ault, a lady! You are seriously annoying!" 

She then left me frozen in my place. 

I stare at her back as she walks away from me. 

 

I sit on my bed, drying my wet hair with a towel while I stare blankly on the floor with my mind still occupied with her words earlier.

I'm an adult, a lady!

I chuckle to myself, does she think I don't know that? 

Of course, I do. 

I've seen her as a lady long time ago.

It's her who keeps on forgetting that I am a man.

I slowly stand and walk towards our framed picture taken during her birthday, on my side table, my lips naturally curved up. 

"I know you're a lady. I've seen that a long time ago... Should I rather not realize it?" 

That time I realized my feelings for her was when we celebrated her 13th birthday. I remember saving up to buy her the cake she's always been craving for...

"Just stay here, I'll just go somewhere. Wait here, Chaeng." I left her in the playground as I run my way to the pastry shop. I was panting when I reached back to her. 

I silently watch her draw on the sands...

"Is that us?" I asked. 

She looks up and hums, "This is how we should be until we get old. We should still laugh together." She answers seriously. 

Dug dug dug dug

I gulp first before I decided to finally hand her the cake, I get the lighter from my pocket to light the candles I put on the cake.

"Where did you get the lighter?" She curiously asked.

"I sneak into my parents' room and borrowed this from my dad." I explained.

When I finally lit the candles up, I sing, "Happy Birthday to you, happy birthday to you, happy birthday happy birthday happy birthday, Chaeyoungie..."

She then showed me that rare genuine smile and say, "Thank you, Jungkook."

Dug dug dug dug

"Make a wish." I managed to say.

She then closed her eyes...

I stare at her as she glows before my eyes...

There I felt my heart beating rapidly inside me in a way that I never felt before...

She slowly opened her eyes, and tells me "I wish that we stay right beside each other for the rest of our lives..."

As if a spell is casted on me, I just slowly nod my head at her.

And that time, that moment, I knew, the way I see Park Chaeyoung has forever changed.

 

I woke up early in the morning to jog at the Han River.

I wear my jogging pants, shirt and jacket, I put my earphones to try to calm myself. I suddenly stop to take a rest, and there I accidentally see Daniel hyung's commercial being played on screen in far away building. 

I take a deep breath and go back to running once again. 

The moment I heard that he's coming back, I have since then felt uneasy and anxious.

All the possibilities of him and her played nonstop in my mind for weeks, making my heart feel heavy. 

He is the first man that Chaeyoung has ever liked. He is the first man who has kissed her. He is the first man that ever make her heart flutter. 

He is a good and honest guy. 

He never failed to show Chaeyoung how important she is to him. 

He has freely shown her how much he cares for her, how much he loves her. 

When I saw the two of them together, again, I really want to punch the wall and throw him out of the building. 

As if it is not enough to see them together, I also have to see them sit close to each other and treat each other as if nothing happened, as if they were together all these years. 

She changed. 

Since he came back, she's been different. 

She wears make up, wears hairpin and wears more feminine clothes...

Which, all this time, I have been wishing her to wear for me. 

He may be the luckiest guy ever? 

She changes her ways for him. 

I was panting hard when I finished the lapse. I put my hands on my knees for support as I catch my breath with my face drenched in sweat. 

 

For almost two months, my mind was distracted by the International Football Games, good thing, we won our last match making us up for the championship which will be held next week.

We are on our way to the location for today, with Noona sitting right beside me.

"You're going to the amusement park for your last shooting for this show." Sunmi Noona reminds me as she scans my schedule on her iPad. "You can just enjoy the day, consider this as your free day." She adds. 

I just hum with my eyes still close.

"We're here." She taps me. 

I think I lack sleep, since for the past days, I haven't been sleeping well, with Chaeyoung and Daniel running in my mind. 

"Good morning, Jungkook-ah." I was brought back to my senses when Sana suddenly stands right in front of me. 

I just smile, "Good morning." 

She then stands beside me, "You seem to be thinking of something

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter