The Times She Cried Hard

Zone Out
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Set it up on that corner, while you go to the other side. Make sure that you capture the whole place. Also, get that an angle where Jungkook's face will be clearly seen." Heechul-nim instructed the cameramen. 

It is the first day of shooting today, and we'll start here from my condo unit to show my preparation as I go to the mountains. On the other hand, my co-star will be followed from his own place. 

That's right. 

The moment they arrived here, Chaeyoung went to me to, according to her, relay to me some good news. 

"Stop worrying anymore. It's going to be a guy. Kim Taehyung will be you co-star." She beamed at me before she proceeded with arranging my place into something attactive for television. 

I was sitting on my my couch as they do their jobs when suddenly Chaeyoung walked to me and bent down to the level of my face. 

I, by instinct, slightly move my face to the side and gulp, "What are you doing?" 

However she held my face by the hand and forced me to look at her. I can feel my heart racing rapidly as she scanned my face, too close for my heart to handle. 

She then speaks, "Dahyunie, his make up is too much. He is not an idol, he's an athlete, so he should not look like a cute bunny here." She then turned her body towards Dahyun who comes closer to check if she really overdid my make up. "He is a macho guy, m-a-c-h-o." She reiterated. "Do him again." Then went her way towards their staff. 

Everytime Chaeng is tasked to accomplish a job, expect her to give it her best shot. I remember when she was in the middle of conceptualizing this show, I'd always see her in front of her laptop, and if I wouldn't bring her food, she wouldn't even bother eating.

She is that hardworking.

And today is no different.

And as the very first show she ever conceptualized, of course together with Momo, she's handling everything with a keen eye.

She wants it to be perfect. 

She wants it to succeed. 

And to be honest, I don't really regret joining this show, I'm more than happy to be part of this, for her. 

Just then, Heechul-nim announced, "Stand by everyone, we'll start in 3,2,1."

 

"Good take!" Heechul-nim praised as he pats my back after I just climb this high mountain. 

"You're all sweaty," he starts as he points to my face "And that's what the viewers want. The more sweaty, the hotter the man is. Whoa, I'm really glad Chaeyoung is friends with you." He takes out his phone and to my surprise, he snapped a picture of me. 

"What are you doing?" I almost shout. 

He just giggled, "Sorry, sorry. I just need to send this to your Manager. I think we can get an energy drink commercial for this." He grins so widely. 

Luckily, Chaeng arrives before I could even slap the back of this man's head. 

However, instead of a smile, she comes, wearing a knitted eyebrows. "Subaenim, I just talked to Momo on the phone and she told me they got stuck in the mud because of the shoes of Kim Taehyung, its heels got stuck." She tilts her head, "I know we want the show to be funny, but I didn't expect him to wear heels." She shakes her head in complete amusement. 

"Ha...ha...ha..." Heechul-nim chuckled a little weirdly as he turned his body, "You know he's a weird guy." And there he left us alone. 

"You look cute there." I uttered while pursing my lips into a thin line. She has a pink sunvisor on head, a pink scarf around her neck while she wears a denim dress-jumper over a white shirt.

She just scoffs, "This is how females producers dress and besides, this is comfortable." She just answered and went back to writing on her little notebook. 

There, she tells me all of her additional ideas about the activities that I am about to do today, without a pause. 

They made me have dinner with the elders of the neighborhood. 

"My granddaughter is a big fan of yours. She has a lot of posters of yours." I simply bowed my head, feeling extremely shy right now. 

If you'd tell me that I should have gotten used to popularity now, well, I haven't yet. Aside from the field, the commercials and that variety show that I did in the past, I am not really a fan of cameras. I always stay in my place or at my parent's house during my free days. 

Even when people consider me as one, I still don't think I am a celebrity. 

"Do you have a girlfriend?" I accidentally spit out the food in my mouth, and cough nonstop when I was asked. 

"So *cough* sorry. I-hmm.. I don't." I lowered my head avoiding any chance of making an eye contact with that person I wanted to be my girlfriend for years now. 

After the shoot, they told me that I can sleep in the room of the house while the whole team still fixes the place. 

"Thank you for the hardwork." Everyone says as we all end the day. 

"You can now sleep, we still have a long day tomorrow." Heechul-nim pats my back. 

"Yeah, thank you for the hardwork." I say. But before he could even leave, I ask, "Hmm, may I know where is Chaeyoung?" 

 

At the back of the pick-up car? 

I then saw her, indeed, sitting at the back of the car. 

"Hey, you can now take a rest." I told her as I sat on next to her. 

"I'm really tired, that's true." She talks with her eyes closed. "You did great, Jungkook-ah. Thank you so much." She looks at me with her soft gaze. 

I just smiled at her, "This means so much to you, so I'm doing my best." 

For minutes, we just embraced the sound of the wind as we stare at each others' eyes. 

She then sweetly smiled at me, "Thank you, Jungkook-ah. From then until now, you're always there for me." She then leaned her head on my shouder, "I'm sure my mom and dad are at peace because I have you in my life." 

She then snuggles closer to my neck, "But please don't restrain yourself from being happy just for me." Her voice suddenly becomes muffled, "Go get yourself a girlfriend."  

I then take a look at her and touch her face lightly with my right hand. I sighed, remembering what my mom told me last night when they visited Seoul. 

"Kookie, you're not getting any younger. Although I like Chaeyoung a lot, if she doesn't feel the same way, then forget about her. Go find a wife."

"Hey," I speak even if I know, she's asleep, "Don't blame yourself if I'm still single until now, it's not your fault." I chuckle when that memory came to mind, "Remember, you gave that girl a lesson when she cheated on me?"

"Don't worry about me, huh?" 

I'm happy just being beside you.

 

2ND YEAR COLLEGE

"What is this?" I frustratingly asked my teammates, almost wanting to back off. 

Bobby hyung just laughs and pushed me, "Come on. All girls clamor over you, date one!"

Mino hyung adds, "And you could only be called a real football player when you date a cheerleader." He wiggles his brows at me. 

I, on the other hand, shake my head furiously, "No... no... I don't want to..." 

However, I was flabbergasted when Hanbin hyung shouted "Naeun-ssi!" 

I juct closed my eyes and exhaled sharply, before they forcefully turn me around. 

"This is Naeun, she's a 4th year student, and is the captain of the cheerleading squad. Naeun-ssi, our ace, Jungkook." Bobby hyung introduced. 

I just smiled at her and offered my hand which she took. 

"Hi, let's get to know each other better, hm?" She sweetly smiled that earned cheers from my teammates. 

 

I really do not have any intention of dating her, however when I talked to Bambam, a Highschool classmate of mine, I felt like I was splashed by cold water. 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter