I Should Pick Beverages Wisely

Zone Out
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Did you even take a bath?" I asked when he showed up in front of our unit, in his loose black shirt and pajamas, picking me up. 

I continue, "I slept at almost 1am and you were still here last night, what time did you go home?" I furrowed my eyebrows at him. 

"When Momo Noona got home, that's already 3 in the morning, if I'm not mistaken." He answers nonchalantly as we take the stairs down. 

I glance at my watch to see that it's only 6 in the morning, "And you're here at this hour?" I raised my voice in surprise. I then put my hands on my hips as he opens the car door for me, "I told you, you don't need to pick me up everyday. I can just take the bus." 

He just mindlessly nods his head, "Okay, okay. I got it. Get in now." He slightly pushed me to force me to hop on the car. 

I glare at him for seconds before I followed his instruction.

 

While he drives, I scroll through my phone to check the latest and early news for this day. 

Let's see...

Oh...

Pfftt...

I wasn't able to refrain myself from laughing out loud and hysterically, that I even slap my lap while tears in my eyes is evident. 

"What? Why are you laughing?" Jungkook asks while taking quick glances at me. 

I wave my hands at him as I try to calm myself. 

Oh God, this is just so early. 

I showed him the article on Naver, 

[Gong Hyo Jin playfully complains about how she was never involved in dating rumors with Gong Yoo]

"She jokes why was she never rumored to date Gong Yoo even though they are always together, she's really blunt and funny." I tell him, still finding the news funny. 

"Ah. Why is that?" He asked. 

I turn to him and hum. 

"I also wonder why were they never rumored to be dating. I always see him visit Gong Hyo Jin sunbaenim." Jungkook just happens to live in one of the most prestigious condominium in Seoul, that same building Gong Hyo Jin stays in. 

I just exhaled deeply as I roll my eyes at him, "Of course they are friends!" I say in a duh tone. "And friends don't date."

"Ho-how did you say so? The series I watched yesterday is about two childhood friends who fell in love for each other." He tells me. 

I chuckled at his innocence, "Jungkook, those things only happen in movies, novels or tv series. In reality, people don't fall in love with their friends, especially their childhood friends." I slowly explained to him to get this into his thick head. 

"Look, I read somewhere that most couples meet their lovers during College or in their workplace." I share with him this survey I read just last week. 

"Studies are never accurate." He firmly declares. 

My brows meet in the middle as I look at him, "But the survey is quite reasonable, I think. There is a low probability that you'll like someone you have been together with since you were kids, you know each other too well that you tend to not see each other as an opposite , rather you see them as just a 'friend', not a female, not a male." I explained to him. 

"What happens to other people doesn't necessarily applies to others." I turn to him with wide eyes, competely surprised on how he seriously defended his idea. 

"Whoa, I didn't know you ship them, okay okay." 

From then, we take the ride to the SBS Building with silence that fills the air. 

 

I proceeded in the editing room to start making the preview our new show which we will air later this afternoon to attract viewers for the first episode on Friday. 

I take a look at the footage and in no less than an hour, I finished it. I quickly submitted the tape to Heechul-nim who's working on something on his desktop. 

"Submit it directly to the broadcast team." He says without even looking at me. 

"Are you not going to check it?" I ask.

He just shakes his head, "No need. I trust you. You've been giving my shows good ratings. Tell them to air this after an hour." He instructs. 

I just slowly nod my head and picks the tape up. 

Okay.

Let's see the preview in an hour. 

"PARK CHAEYOUNG!!!" Heecul-nim shouts so loud attracting the attention of my workmates as he makes his way to my area. 

"What kind of preview is that?" He fumes in anger. 

I just blink my eyes multiple times, "Why?" 

He points at my face, failing to utter whatever it is th ehe wants to tell me. 

He exhales deeply, "Yah, why is there no Sana in the preview? We got a lot of good shots of the two together, why did you not use them?" He frustratingly asks me. 

I bit my lower lip before I answer another excuse, "I fail to notice them, I just used the scenes that I found interesting, it just so happened that Jungkook is there." 

"I don't know if I should really leave the 1st episode to you. You might get rid of Sana completely." He says in horror. 

I stand and refuse his idea, "Sunbaenim, you already put me in charge of this, please let me do it. I promise, I'll make it the funniest and catchy show in that airtime." I promised him. 

Howeverm he retorts, "I want Sana to have screentime. And I don't think you're giving her that." He almost leaves, when he suddenly comes back to ask, "I am starting to think that you're hating on Sana because you like your friend." 

My eyes almost fall out of its socket. 

"What are you talking about? That's such an absurd idea, Sunbaenim. Don't make up stories." I eagerly defenf myself. 

"Okay, okay. I'll do the first episode now and I'll let you check to show you that you're wrong." I stomp my way to the editing room. 

Geez. I'll show you.

 

Now, it happens again as I felt my heart getting pricked by tiny needles as I watch the footage in front of me. 

Jungkook helps Sana with harvesting and that subtle smile they give each other can really cause the viewers' hearts to flutter. 

I swallowed hard as I edit each and every scene Heechul-nim wants me to put. 

This is not a dating show but with the looks of it, the episode 1 actually gives off that kind of vibe. 

Aish!

I decided to take a break first and buy a coffee to wake my soul up. 

I went to the cafe near the station and ordered my favorite "Caffe Americano please." 

I scroll through my phone as I wait in the line. 

"That's $$" The cashier courteously tells me. 

I was about to pay when... when I realized I have no money to give. 

Oh my God. 

My wallet...

Now, I remember, it's on my desk. 

Ugh!

"Hmm, can I just ge--" before I could even finish my sentence, a hand placed the exact amount of my coffee. 

"This is her payment." it's a quite familiar voice. I raise my head only to see...

"Long time no see, Chaeyoung." He smiles at me. 

"Yeah, long time no see, Daniel."

 

"So, you're actually working here." He points at the building across this shop, then sips his hot c

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter