21 Years of Friendship

Zone Out
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Ding dong... Ding dong.. Ding dong...

I groaned and put my pillow over my ear, refusing to detach my back from my dear bed.

Ding dong.. Ding dong... Ding dong...

I kicked my blanket away from my body as I growl out loud, how can I ignore the doorbell when it rings nonstop and too fast obviously wanting to annoy me from my sleep.

I blow a frustrated air out of me as I sit on my bed, still in dreamland, savoring the last seconds I have all alone with my bed.

Because, once again...

She's here.

I slowly walk towards the door of my condo unit to let this girl in.

"Yah! How big is your place that it took you that long to open the door!?" She nags as soon as she steps into my place and wears her own pink indoor slippers.

I touched my ears to check if they are still fine.

She went straight to the kitchen and placed the groceries she bought on the dining table.

When she glanced at me, she, once again, shouts "Yah! Put on some clothes!!" As she throws me the dining cloth.

I caught the cloth, placed it properly on the table and retreated to her command.

She goes on in saying "Who in the right mind roams around only in boxers when he has a visitor?!"

Visitor?

Heh. Can you consider someone who has her own slippers, utensils, and toothbrush in my house, a visitor?

I sighed as I take the shirt out of my closet and a jagger pants.

I then walk lazily towards the dining area and scrolled through my cellphone as I wait for her to prepare the toasted bread with jam and hot chocolate for me.

When she placed the food and sat down on the chair beside me while offering her beautiful smile to me, her sudden change isn't new so, I crossed my arms over my chest and waited for the gist.

She cleared then finally said "I really want to thank you for helping me contact Yugyeom for our show, that means so much to us." She then points at the paper bad on my table, "Those are the gifts from my team."

I smirk a little then say, "Thanks for the gifts. What are those, by the way."

She blinks multiple times before she enumerates the different chocolates inside the paperbag.

"Let me guess, you bought them?" I playfully narrowed my eyes at her.

She then cheerfully admitted, "Yes! I did."

I chuckled a little, "You know that I am not allowed to eat chocolates, right? I needed to stay fit, our match is near."

She then fakes a gasp and pretends to be shocked, "Re-really? Oh my god. I forgot." She acts as she slapped her forehead.

I then laugh out loud then pushed her face to the side.

"Stop with the acting. All the chocolates you bought are your favorite. Tch, should I tell your head producer?" I ask then bite the bread she prepared.

She then snorts, "Since when did you become selfish? You receive Gucci, Burberry, LV and a lot more on a daily basis from your fans. Can't you give me this, at least?" She then mumbles, "I am just a poor assistant producer here while you're a famous football player... I studied so well while you didn't, but you get a lot more than me." She rolled her eyes after her long ramble.

"Okay, okay. Get the paper bag, and make sure to eat everything there." I smile so widely as I watch her grin due to her win.

You see, I am so used to this girl's antics. Ever since she landed a job in SBS as an assistant producer in their television magazine show, she has been using me as her connection.

Every time she's asked to contact a celebrity for their new episode, she'll ask me to contact the people that I know, or the people that Sunmi, my manager, knows.

She's really competent and competitive, that's her best asset according to their head producer, Heechul, that's why she's always entrusted the difficult job.

She'll often tell me "You're a celebrity yourself, it's easier that way. Use your power as Korea's number one football player."

That's right. I have been part of South Korea's National Football team since 3 years ago. I was immediately recruited by Coach Seungri when I graduated from College.

Basically, she thinks I am her best bridge to some other celebrities; I actually helped her contact Yugyeom, the famous basketball player for her latest episode.

"So, what do you need now? Spill the tea." I say as I munch my food.

She exhaled sharply then admits, "Heechul wants..." She trails.

Again, she exhales. "He wants you to be on our newest TV program."

I choke on my food, fortunately she is so attentive that she immediately offered me water.

"Wh-what?" I asked, mortified.

After that one episode I did for their show, I told her never to ask me to appear again on any shows.

First, I am not comfortable with cameras.

Second, they asked me to do things I don't usually do just to make the show entertaining.

Now, I remember the time when they asked me to eat the fried frog, that I hated so much, I almost lost my cool there if only I didn't see this girl, smile apologetically at me.

Screw it! I swallowed the frog wholly just to finish the shoot.

From then on, I told her never ever to ask me to appear on TV.

She was startled when I suddenly stand and put my hands on my hips, "I told you I don't want to!" I told her with my mouth full.

I brought the bread and drink as I walk my way to my room, I immediately locked the door.

I then heard her voice from the other side of the door, "Listen to me, please. KBS has been defeating its rival show from our station, so we really have to launch a new show. Although the concept is not final yet, the board of directors think that... you can attract a lot of viewer. Pretty please..."

Even without seeing her, I know that she's all acting cute and pouty.

I sighed.

Damnit, I really can't decline her requests.

I just can't let her down.

I just can't let her difficulties.

Because she's a dear friend.

So dear to me.

I opened the door and look at her "This will be the last time, and it's final."

She jumped on me and hugged me so tightly showing her joy on full, she suddenly blurts out "And also, Mina is part of the production team of that show... the more that I don't want to lose." she then turned to her heel, leaving me dumbfounded.

I scoffed, nothing has really changed.

She still hates Mina's guts.

 

And I still can't say no to her.

 

2011

WHOOOOO!!!

I heard loud cheers from field when my teammates and I passed by.

It is our sports fest today and we just finished our game a while ago, and luckily I was able to kick the crucial ball in within the last minute. So in the end we advance in the final round.

The Senior High School Department is divided into 4 teams, the yellow, the blue, the red and the green.

I actually belong in the red football team. They said there is no doubt that we will be hailed as the champions for this year since I was there.

Heh.

Let's not think too much about that.

Anyway, everybody is all thrilled and excited to witness the most awaited game, the marathon. So now, the whole stadium is filled with students cheering for the red and yellow teams.

They are the first match for this marathon which is why the crowd is still heated with excitement.

Seokmin, Bambam and I sat near the railings on the lower box part.

I was drinking my water when Bambam suddenly nudges me, "Isn't that your friend?" He then points at the girl in a ponytail, tying her red cloth around her forehead with eyes flaming with determination.

I spill the water in front of me, to which I immediately said a low "sorry" to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter