Blushes, Lipsticks, Hairpins And Dresses

Zone Out
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I'm in a complete daze as we head our way home when he suddenly takes a U-turn that caused me to snap my head at him. 

"My house is on the other side." I say while pointing the direction of my house. 

"Let's just have some talk?" Daniel Oppa tells me. 

We went to the Han River with our tteokbokki and sodas in hand. I was munching my food when he suddenly asks, "How do you feel now?" He smiles at me. 

I furrowed my eyebrows, "About what?"

He chuckles a a bit while moving his head from side to side, "Now that Jungkook has met a good catch." 

I swallowed hard before I force a smile on my face, "I'm actually happy for him, he deserves to meet and have someone as great as him." I lowered my head with my heart aching a little harder this time. 

I turn my head to him when he suddenly laughs so loud, "What's funny?" I irritatingly question him.

He points at me as he tries to calm himself. "Chaeyoung, nothing has really changed with you. You're still that girl who loves to pretend." He side-eyed me. 

I snort, "And you've always been this smug football player." I retort. 

He just chuckles, "Hey, you're aware that I still have feelings for you when we broke up, right?" he asks me with that smile on his face. 

I shyly turn my face to the other side, why does he have to open this up?

"Why are you suddenly talking about this?" I mumbled. 

He just continues, "And you do know that I broke up with you because I knew that you like someone else." He shrugs his shoulders as he speaks. 

I just click my tongue, "You just assume things, you know." 

"Well, if that's the case, then let's get back together?" I was surprised by his proposition, that I only managed to blurt out a "What?" 

"If I was wrong all this time, then let's start all over again." He offers ever so smoothly.

I simply glared at him as I hug my knees closer to my chest. 

He lowers his head with a smile on his face, "We can't do that, right? Because he already occupies that space in your heart that I want to have." 

I feel like my heart is getting crumpled with every words he says. It seems that my mouth doesn't know what to say anymore. 

"You did not deny it? Do you finally admit it?" He looks at me with that his soothing eyes.

I covered my face out of frustration, "I don't know. I don't know if this feeling is something out of our long time friendship." I gulp before I add, "But every time I see them together, every time I see them talking, everytime that I realized how great of a person Sana is, I feel needles prick right through my heart. I know, I know. It is so selfish of me to feel this way, I should be happy instead, right? I should be happy that he has now finally met a girl, perfect for him. Someone beautiful, someone smart, someone kind." I paused from my long ramble to clutch on my chest, "But instead, I feel pain."

I groaned, "I am really really selfish. I only think about myself, I don't even consider his feelings. I am his friend, I should be happy for him."

"How come you still label this feelings of yours as something out of friendship? Since I think you're hopeless, and in denial, I think I have to get this straight to your head." He says, "This is what you call jealousy."

I furrowed my eyebrows, confused as to what he is trying to pertain,

He chuckles before saying, "You like him, Chaeyoung. You like him so much that you want to keep your feelings in the grave because you're afraid to lose him." 

I stare at him with my tears on the verge of falling, "Why do you always say the things I don't want to hear?" I wonder as a tear fell from my eye. 

He smiles warmly at me, "Because I got to know you a lot in that short relationship that we shared, and because I like you so much that I hate seeing you this way. It's funny, because really, I thought you have finally realized your feelings for him once I get back. I didn't know you were this dumb." He jokes. 

"If you like me, you should have just pursued me. You should have just tried to make things work out for us. Maybe, maybe I wouldn't be feeling this way for Jungkook now. Maybe everything will go back to normal, maybe I wouldn't be this selfish." I almost scold at him.

He once again chuckles, "Maybe not, Chae. I did my best in our relationship but he already owns your heart since then." 

My eyes widen, really? Really? Do I like him that long?

"Chae, what's stopping you? Why is it so hard for you to accept and admit your feelings?" His genuine concern to me reflects in his eyes. 

I take a deep breath, "Because I have nothing and I have no one." 

My tears stubbornly fall ceaselessly. 

"Because I am nothing, compared to him, I have nothing to be proud of. Didn't you see how great he is, and didn't you see how much of a failure I am? That kind of man deserves someone as great as him." 

I face him, with my face drenched in tears, "And I have no one. Jungkook is the only person I have in my life, he's been there since the beginning, and if I let these stupid feelings to grow and eat me up, I might lose him." 

Just this once, I have finally told someone this feelings I suppressed long time ago. 

"Do you really think Jungkook will leave you because of that?" He asks.

"I can't take the risk." I almost shout. 

He then nudges my side, "Why don't you just let the feelings grow on you. Whatever happens, if he leaves you because of that, just like what you think, I'll be here. I'll take his place. I'll be your friend." He adds playfully, "Even if I want something more than that." 

I wasn't able to suppress my laugh, this man never fails to insert his playful ideas.

I didn't know, it is this nice to be honest once in a while.  

 

The whole team went to Jeju Island for the shoot of our show's fourth, fifth and sixth episodes. 

We are going to show them how these two people relax. We prepare all the cameras and props prior to the show, I am, once again in charge of the flow of the show, so I went to their tent to discuss with them the activities for today. 

I grip on the curtain tightly before I finally make my way inside. 

My eyes instantly found him, sitting with his earphones on. 

Dug dug dug dug

Aish!

Since that talk I had with Daniel Oppa, every time I see Jungkook even just on screen, my heart beats rapidly inside me, too fast that I thought it'll explode. 

I my lips before I walk closer to him. 

I hand him the papers, "Th-this will be the, the concept for today's shoot." I stutter. 

Stupid Chaeng. 

"Oh, thanks." He just holds the concept and returned back to his position.

I left him when I realized that there is nothing that we are talking about. 

Then, I proceeded to Sana's tent and I was amused as I silently watch her apply her own make up, with her hair already beautifully styled. 

"Chaeyoung-PD." I was a bit startled when she excitedly calls out my name. 

"Is that the concept for today?" She points at the papers I am holding. 

"Ah, ye-yeah." I hand her the papers which she immediately reads, my feet seem to have a mind of their own as I walk closer to her, peeking to her make up kit. 

"Are you interested in make-up?" She asks with a smile. 

I instantly shake my head, "Uhm, no, no. I was just a bit curious." 

She moves closer to my face, "Ah, you don't really apply make-up, don't you?"

I remained silent until she looks for something in her bag, she then brought out a lipstick, bluch on, and some other that I don't know of. 

"I think this color will suit you, while this shade will complement your skin color." I initially refused to accept them but she insisted, and so I went out of the te

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter