Tragic

Secret

 

 


“Hyung?”

“Hmm?”

“I’m bored. Can we do something?”

“With that leg of yours?”

Yesung pout and poke the older waist. They were lounging around inside the spacious living room. Kyuhyun and Leeteuk had went home few hours ago just to fetch their stuff. The two Kim had ask them to have sleepover for the holiday time,having their own time with each other.

“But Hyung, this is really boring. I watch this movie so many time already.” said Yesung, more like whining as he tried to grab the remote control from the older hand.

“But I never watch it yet.” Heechul hide the remote underneath his leg where the immobilize Yesung weren’t able to snatch again.

Yesung sigh. Being disable at the moment wasn’t fun, thought him.

“Hyung, I wanna go to my room.” said Yesung and begin to walk staggeringly with his crutches.

“Eh? Hey, let me carry you!” Heechul was about to walk over to Yesung when the younger shooing him off.

“I can do walking now. Stop babying me all the time.” and so Yesung stubbornly struggle with the stairs.

It took him 5 minutes with Heechul watching from the bottom stairs. Once he relief by the younger safely turn to his room, Heechul continue his movie.

‘Tssk I’m not crippled or something.’ thought Yesung. He know the older been watching him like a mother hen he is.

He turn the knob open, but with only few steps in, a hand had grab him harshly. Sending him to stumble forward into the culprit’s chest. A hand manage to shut him up while another were helping him to stand by curling around his waist.

Due to loud thudding that came from the fallen crutches, Heechul shout from the downstairs.

“Yesung? What happen?” the shouts come again after the first time been ignored.

“Say that you fine.” said the man who had the audacity to do such thing to him.

“N..no..” Yesung reply timidly, frightened by the man strong arm from breaking his waist.

“Say it or you’ll never see Kyuhyun again.”

And it was then Yesung obey to the threat.

“I’m fine hyung! Just the crutches falling to the floor.” shouts Yesung back, receiving an ‘okay’ from the older.

After satisfied with the reply, the stranger drag the helpless Yesung to the bed, settling the petite man into sitting position.

“Who are you?” said Yesung. Watching as the man busying around locking the door and fetching a bag that were place on top of his table.

Getting no reply from the man starting to annoy him. He begin to think a way to save himself from the dangerous looking man who now equipped with mask , showing the sharp gaze to anyone who his eyes.

“I’m asking you…”

“Are you Kim Jongwoon?”

The man’s question had him surprised. Only now he begin to move further from the man. Frowning when the man begin to shove his hand inside his bag, as if the thing he searching for was a murder weapon.

‘Is it Changmin’s killer? Am I gonna die?’ thought him frantically.

“Hey calm down. Just answer me and you’ll be fine.” said the man but the smaller are no where near in calming himself down.

The man sigh. “Hey. I’m sorry but Kyuhyun were just fine. I didn’t even know him. I came here because Changmin ask me to.”

Only then Yesung relief hearing his boyfriend safety. But then his eyes went wide again.

“Changmin? But Changmin is--”

“Dead. I know.” the man cut his word short. 

“I’m Yoochun. Changmin’s friend. Listen. Changmin told me everything about you. That man literally head over heels for you. Even after his death, he asking me to send you this. But you have to admit that you are indeed Kim Jongwoon first.” said Yoochun, holding out the phone.

“My phone! Where did you get that!?” said Yesung a little too loud.

Yoochun begin to climb up the bed and covering Yesung’s mouth.

“Shush it! You gonna call that diva!” whisper Yoochun angrily.

Due to the closeness and fear of being hurt, Yesung obediently nod.

“Good. So are you Kim Jongwoon?”

Yesung nod again.

“That’s it, good boy. Now, in this phone containing evidence of your real stalker and why Changmin died in the first place. Can you promise me to get the help so your friend who been framed can get his justice? To get Changmin’s the justice he deserve?”

Yesun begin to feel uncomfortable with the man pinning him down. He tried to squirm away but Yoochun begin to pin his arms to avoid him from running away.

“Can you promise me?”

At first Yesung was hesitate to believe a man who broke in into his room but a salty droplets begin to shower over his face. He look up only to find the man had been crying all this time.

“Please… I want a justice for my friend… Jongwoon.. only you can free him. Free yourself from this misery. I know you suffering from Changmin’s harassment all this time but believe me when I said he never meant all that too happen… please..?”

The crying begin to soothe down. Yesung felt guilty for doubting the man. Even with a little doubt still left inside him, Yesung nod.

“can you let go of me first?” said Yesung.

“Oh sure. Sorry. I was afraid if you suddenly shouting for help. I didn’t mean any harm,Jongwoon.”

Yesung sigh and smile to assure his trust for Yoochun. He took the phone from Yoochun but only to find out that the phone can’t be opened.

“I think the phone got lock out after you buy the new one.”

“Ah you right. Because Heechul hyung bought the new one. What’s in this?”

“Evidence. I can’t say much because I’m afraid someone are still watching over you. I think you need to go the phone centre to get that thing from your phone. I can’t help much now"

“Someone? Changmin’s murderer? Is the murderer and my stalker are the same person?”

“Yes. And he’s a dangerous man. Changmin even died trying to get all this evidence. I hope you won’t waste it. I would be so damned if you discard it away… I was the last person who saw Changmin before his death. It’s so frustrating, knowing your friend’s death and can’t even do anything to prevent it.”

“Why is that?”

“Because the killer are psycho. The killer are Changmin’s brother. He--” Yoochun was about to continue when he heard a footsteps approaching them.

“. Kyuhyun.” said Yesung with a frown.

Yoochun begin to walk toward the window. “Remember, do it fast. Don’t waste Changmin’s last effort.” said him before jump out from the window.

‘How… this is second floor.…’ thought Yesung before got disturbed by a knocking.

“Baby! I’m back.”

“wait a minute.” shouts Yesung back, struggling to get off the bed with one leg.

Once the door opens up, Kyuhyun hug the world out of him, sniffing into the smaller’s collarbone. “I miss you…”

Yesung chuckles, return the hugs back with much difficulty.

“You just went home for two hours. Such a baby.”

“I am your baby~ Eh? Babe, why you didn’t use the crutches?” said Kyuhyun, leading the smaller’s to his bed.

“It’s accidentally fall on the floor…” lies Yesung but then remembering how the younger are now his boyfriend and the only one except Heechul who he can trust now.

“So clumsy.”

Yesung watch as Kyuhyun pick up the crutches and put it near anywhere within the older’s reach.

“Kyunnie….”

The older’s sweet voice had Kyuhyun turn immediately to him. Eyes wide open from the disbelieving nickname.

“What did you just call me?”

“Ky..kyunnie…”

Kyuhyun almost letting himself to tackle the older down but forfeit from doing so. He climb up the bed and pull the older into his embrace, feeling happy by the small thing.

“I like that name. So what is it?” said Kyuhyun, knowing there’s more from the sweet name calling.

All hesitation he thrown out of the window.

“Kyu… if I say this, you promise to keep calm and listen until I finish, okay?”

The older’s word had him confused but still nodding nevertheless.

“So… there’s someone broke into my room just now and--”

“What?!”

“Kyunnie… you promise..” Yesung whine from the younger fumes.

“Sorry, continue.” the younger had thousand question to be answered but seeing the older seems fine in front of him, he shrug it off. He begin to caress the older smooth hair.

Feeling comfortable from the younger doing, Yesung lean in more into the warmth. He begin to tell the younger everything that happen few minutes ago, without hiding the smallest detail from Kyuhyun.

Once the older finish his talk, Kyuhyun took a good look on the small’s device. It was a bit broken from the falls the other day but the screen work just fine.

“So we need to go out and get those information out? Do you believe everything this guy said?”

“Em. Because he seems so sad when he talks about Changmin. So will you go out for me? I can’t walk much…”

Kyuhyun sighing and ruffles the older’s hair. “Fine. I’ll do it tomorrow. Now, let’s go down. My mom has made so much food after she knows I will be staying at my cute boyfriend’s house.”

“You told your mother?” said Yesung in shock.

“Yes. I’m quite open about you at home. Don’t worry, you’ll meet her soon enough. She can’t wait to meet her son in-law.” Kyuhyun chuckles upon the smaller’s beet red face.

“Tssk, idiot Kyu.”

“But I’m your idiot.” said Kyuhyun as he kiss the older’s forehead and carrying him up without warning.

“Argh! You idiot!”

And so, chuckles and shouting filling up the house for that day.

.
.
.

It’s the next day. Eric making his way to the Kim’s house after an hour drive from the police station. He had been compiling evidence with Siwon but due to time of Siwon been called to the court, he had no other way than approaching the possible next victim, Yesung.

“Heechul ah, open up.” said Eric, knocking on the door, knowing the younger already up at this noon.

“Aish who… hyung?” said Heechul once he saw the older.

“Is Jongwoon here?”

“Yes. What--” Heecuhl were brushed off by the older who inviting myself into the house.

Eric found the smaller in front of the television as usual, with leg stretch out on the coffee table.

“Jongwoonie” said Eric, slumping himself next to Yesung.

“Oh hyung. What’s bring you here?”

“You. Did you know who’s Changmin older brother?” said Eric, not wanting any more time to be wasted on the case.

“Emm no. Why?” said Yesung nervously, reminded by Yoochun’s talk about the older brother being the real killer.

“You don’t remember? You always play with him before. Don’t you even remember his initial or nickname from you were young?” said Eric again.

“Hyung, I don’t understand what are you trying to do. What does this had to…” Yesung realize the older looking more serious by now.

“Hyung… you know?”

“What? About Junsu being the older brother?” said Eric, not knowing where the younger goes with his word.

“What!?” shouts Yesung. “Wait… Junsu not his older brother… what are you talking about?” said Yesung nervously, feeling goose-bump all over his skin.

“He is. He tried to hide it but once I discuss the matter with Siwon, Siwon knew something wasn’t right. What did you know, Jongwoon ah?”

“Umm… someone meet me yesterday and said Changmin actually murdered by his own brother..”

“Yesterday? But you never went out, Sungie.” said heechul, squinting his eyes in curious about the younger statement.

“He broke into my room yesterday, but don’t worry! He’s nice. He give me evidence about the real killer and my stalker.” said Yesung frantically, trying to avoid the older from going rampage.

“How can you said he nice! He broke into your room! That’s why I heard a loud noise yesterday!” shouts Heechul in anger, Leeteuk had to pull him away from the two cousin just to calm him down.

“Jongwoonie, who’s that guy? It’s not Junsu right? That guy is dangerous. I manage to contact the maid of their house and heard that Changmin always been abused by him. It’s bad. I don’t want him to come after you. Now, where’s the evidence?”

Yesung were taking his time to load the information when he remember about Kyuhyun.

“Hyung… the evidence were with Kyuhyun. He had to go to the phone centre to get the evidence out from the phone that the guy gave me…”

“Kyuhyun? Ah your boyfriend? The we just wait for it. I’ll stay here until Kyuhyun come back. Who gave you the phone and why did he do that?” said Eric.

“It’s a guy name Yoochun. He said Changmin had been piling the evidence about the culprit and planning to give it to me. He said Changmin order him so after he head Changmin’s death on news. Hyung, was Junsu really his older brother?” said Yesung, eyes begging for the truth.

“He is… so Changmin does tried to do something. It’s saddening to know his abused life after his death… we tried to get a hold of the older brother but he’s not answering any call.” said Eric.

‘Changmin…abused? Why….’ thought Yesung. Feeling sympathy for the younger’s life. ‘now I think about it, Changmin does had bruised on his face all the time… was it Junsu’s doing? Junsu ah… why…’

Yesung can feels his phone vibrating. He took it out and saw a message from Kyuhyun.

‘Baby, it’s taking longer than I expect, I’m gonna go back to my house for while to fetch my stuff for awhile. I’ll text you back later.’

“Who’s that?” said Eric, looking at the younger’s phone.

“It’s Kyuhyun. He will be late because the workers had to take more time to do it. And he will be at his home for awhile. Hyung, how about you just sleep here for today. I don’t think Kyu gonna be back for hours now.” said Yesung while replying to Kyuhyun.

“Tssk.. kyu? I’m not gonna leave you alone either, hearing how crazy that Junsu guy is, you think I’m okay with it?” said Eric.

.
.
.

It’s 12 pm, the others are no longer wiating for Kyuhyun after the younger told them he will be staying at his own house since the process had to be postpone until tomorrow.

Eric had settle with sleeping in the living room by himself, rejecting Yesung invitation to sleep with him as he afraid to hurt the younger with his bad sleeping habit.

Yesung was laying on his bed when his phone went off.

“Kyu?” said him as he saw the caller name.

“Kyuuuu” said Yesung in sweet voice, already missing the younger warmth.

“What a sweet nickname you got there, Jongwoon…”

The voice had him shot up into sitting position.

“Ju…Junsu?” stuttered Yesung, nervous and sweat break out from hearing the voice coming from Kyuhyun’s number. “Why you had Kyuhyun’s phone?” said him, not wanting to make the other suspicious of his knowledge of his crime.

“Shush it baby. You already know. I heard everything. Don’t you miss me?”

“Everything? Heard? But.. how?”

“I’m always there. Always. Now. Don’t you miss me?”

“What?! why would I! where’s Kyuhyun!” shout Yesung in low voice, not wanting to alert the other.

“Tsk tsk tsk. Not the answer I want to hear from you.”

A sound of faint muffled whimpering come from the calls, earning more sweat nervous from Yesung.

“What was that?” said Yesung curiously.

“Oh that? Your boyfriend.”

“No.. you must have stole his phone today… he’s at home…”

“And who’s this?”

Another pained groan came alongside a whip sound.

“No! Stop! Please… let me hear his voice.. please…” tears finally forced out from Yesung’s eyes, fear for Kyuhyun’s life to be in danger.

“Fine. Hey er. My Jongwoon want to hear your voice.” said Junsu as he turn the call into loud speaker.

“Ye..sung… baby..”

A loud thud and another groan came from the other side of the call.

“No Junsu! Stop… don’t hurt him more.. what do you want. I’ll do it!” said Yesung in frantic, feeling worst for Kyuhyun’s misery.

“That’s what I’ve been waiting for. Now. There’s someone waiting outside of your house. I’ll ask him to wait you near your bedroom’s window. So be a good boy and climb out now or I’ll slash his skin more.”

And the call end without giving Yesung the chance to deal more with the maniac.

“Kyu…” whimper him, cursing himself for letting the younger to be in danger from his own problem.

He look down to his injured leg. He know he will be in massive pain if he ever to embrace himself to climb out from the window but with Kyuhyun’s life in danger, he brave himself with no crutches.

Once he stand in front of the window, he can see a tall man waiting for him. Looking around, he didn’t find any rope aside from his big bed sheet. With difficulty in pulling off the sheet, he finally had it in his had and begin to open his window. He tied the sheets tight to his wooden bed, knowing it could at least withstand his weight.

“You can climb down now.” 

He heard the man whisper to him. Silently cursing at the man for looking stoics with someone’s life is on the line.

‘ Junsu. Did he hire a hitman or what?’ thought him as he climb on his table that become his stairs.

Slowly he had his hold on the sheets loosen up as he let himself lower to the man.

“Let go of it.”

‘Tssk easy said that do it. I’m afraid of height, you bastard!’ thought him again. This time, he stubbornly follow his own act and slowly descend himself down.

Once he was within the man reach, the man pull him harsh to fall on him.

He groan as the man cupping his mouth from shrieking after his injured leg had hit the man’s body.

“Shut up.” said the man, carrying him to the front house.

‘Am I doing the right thing?’ thought Yesung as he look back to the house and guilt eating him up as he took everything into his own hadn.

‘Sorry hyungs…’

.
.
.

Kyuhyun pov

….why did I let myself got caught by this bastard! Had I not let myself help those granny just now, I won’t be here.

Flashback

Due to Yesung’s demand, now I’m on my way to the mall where the phone centre were. With this evidence, we will be able to catch Junsu. I held the phone close to me until I reach the centre.

It’s gonna be long day. The worker I’ve meet had said it’s gonna take a long time to crack the system. So here I am, on my way home to fetch some more cloth for the stay over.

On my home, I saw an old woman who having the hard time to carry her stuff. Well, I had so much time to spend while waiting for the phone. I park my bike at a small store in this neighbourhood and making sure to lock it properly before went to help the old woman.

There’s no one to help her aside from me so being a good human being I am, I decide to approach her.

“Halmeonni, is there’s something wrong?”

“Oh… I had cramps in my leg and can’t walk…” said the old woman. I can see her staggering leg. 

“Oh that’s bad. Can I carry you home? I’m free now so I can help you.”

“But I’m heavy…”

“It’s okay, now, climb on my back.” I crouch down so she can climb it easily.

Few seconds later I can feel her hand on my shoulder. She’s not that heavy but I must say, Yesung are much more lighter than her. I have to make him eats more after this.

“I’m so sorry to burden you, young man. Can I know your name?”

“It’s okay halmeonnie. I’m strong. My name is Kyuhyun.”

“Oh Kyuhyun. You can turn here. My house is not that far.”

I walk few more minutes before I reach a house. I can’t leave her like this, so I ask her for a key and decide to lift her off once we reach in her living room.

“Thank you so much Kyuhyun ah…”

Only now I realize. She keep lowering her face and sound so guilty every time she’s speak. Maybe just my imagination. But little did I know, someone creeping from behind me. I can see a silhouette from the television in front of me.

“And I’m so sorry…” said the old woman before I lost my conscious.

Flashback off

! He hit me so hard on the back. Even with his torture, I still can feel the pain coming from my back. And now I had to watch as he waiting for Yesung to come. I hope Yesung tells the other before coming here. 

It’s been 15 minutes since he calls Yesung. I’m sure at anytime soon yesung will come through that door. 

Junsu had choose the most cliche crime scene. An abandon warehouse. Took me some time to recognize the interior after woken up from a splash of water on my face.

I can hear a creaking and the door open up from the outside. Yesungie?

Pov off.

The car had stop in front of an abandon warehouse, leaving Yesung in confusion state. The stoic man exit the car and walk around to Yesung’s side. Without telling what next, he carry the smaller, knowing Yesung won’t make anymore fuss other than the eager to see his boyfriend alive.

They walk into the warehouse. For afar Yesung can see a lone light shine on the only human he can see around the ware house. Upon closer look, he can see the man as Kyuhyun.

“Kyunnie!” shouts him as he begin to squirm in the man’s arm.

“Stay calm or the boss gonna kill him right away.” the threat got Yesung silenced right away.

‘Baby..’ thought Kyuhyun once he saw Yesung being carried by a tall man. With mouth stuffed with cloth, he weren’t able to shout for his dear boyfriend.

Once Yesung was close enough to him, Junsu appear out of no where with a wheelchair.

“Baby!” said Junsu happily, taking over Yesung and settle him on the wheelchair.

‘Wheelchair? Why wheelchair?” thought Yesung in confusion.

“How’s you ride?” said Junsu,ignoring the glare from Kyuhyun. “You can go now. Don’t come back” said Junsu to the man.

Once the man was out of their sight, Junsu crouch down in front of Yesung.

“Baby.”

“Don’t call me that, murderer!” shouts Yesung in anger, swatting Junsu’s hand away from touching his face.

The smaller words had irked his patience. Without a warning, a slap latch itself on Yesung’s chubby cheek.

Both Yesung and Kyuhyun were taken aback from the sudden reaction from Junsu. Aside from the pain he felt on his left cheek, he was more shock by the sudden slap.

“Ah sorry. Does sit hurt?”said Junsu as he rubbing the abused cheek and pull the smaller into his hug.

Fear begin to take over Yesung’s body as the maniac begin to patting his head softly.

‘This bastard is crazy….’ thought Yesung.

“Now that you here, we should go.”

‘Go?’ thought Yesung, having no courage to speak out his feelings.

“But before that.” Junsu let go of the hug and turn to Kyuhyun. “we need to dispose of this disturbance first.”

Only then Yesung begin to grasp what about to happen.

“No! Junsu don’t!”

Junsu turn to look at the smaller with innocent face as he take one of the torture device, a small scythe.

“What is it, baby?” said him as he scrap the curved blade on Kyuhyun chest.

Kyuhyun held back his groan, not wanting to make Yesung more scared than he is now.

“No!!! God! Please stop right now!” Yesung pleading with tears stricken face. Lips quivering from the fear of losing Kyuhyun right in front of his eyes.

But Junsu never budge from the torture. He pick up another short blade with a length of 4 inches. Scrap again and again, ignoring the smaller shouts and begs. Only after he heard a loud sound coming from Yesung who had fall on the floor after the attempt of walking towards them, he stop by latching the blade deep into the younger’s thigh.

Kyuhyun groan loudly, finally snapped from the pain of the blade meeting his bones.

“Baby. Be careful. Your leg still not heals yet.” said Junsu as he tried to lift of the smaller.

“Let me go! Kyunnie!” shouts Yesung between his sobs as he look at the bloodied Kyuhyun. 

“Shh. It’s okay. It’s gonna end soon. Just like Changmin,” said Junsu as he manage to carry the smaller back on the wheelchair and strap him with a safety belt.

“No.. please.. Junsu…. I’ll do what you want. Leave Kyu alone..” Yesung beg as he tried to pull of the belt but with his frantic move, the thing never come off him. He tried to move the wheels but Junsu had pull the break on the chair, immobilize him from going anywhere.

“Junsu… please..” he beg timidly, lowering his head as he didn’t have the heart to watch the torture again.

Junsu walk towards Kyuhyun with 10 inches blade, clanking it on the chair Kyuhyun sat on, threatening the younger more as his death awaits for him.

“You’ll have to go. You will be a wall for me and Jongwoon happiness.” said Junsu, walking around and stop right behind the younger.

As he heard Junsu’s words, Yesung look up only to find Junsu were holding out a gun towards Kyuhyun head with knife on his other hand.

“Baby, choose your weapon.” said Junsu with a smirk.

Yesung didn’t know what Junsu meant by it but after he saw the younger held up two weapon of choice, Yesung shake his head furiously.

“No..” said Yesung in whimpering. He begin to squirm harsher in his chair, trying to get off from it just to save Kyuhyun.

“What’s that? Gun? Good choice. It will be a quick death, Kyuhyun ssi.” said Junsu.

The maniac words had Yesung lost, he avoid from looking. Not wanting to see the death of his own love life. Not wanting to paint the portrait of the dead face into his mind.

‘Bang!’

And thus Yesung mourning. Crying loudly as he heard footsteps approaching him. A hand on the safety belt had free him away and carry him.

Away from the scene. Away from whatever had happen once he had close his eyes from the loss. Shutting himself out from knowing the truth.

“We will be fine. We will be together,right?” said Junsu in question. He held the smaller’s body close to his, running as he arrive at his hidden car.

Once he had settle Yesung right next to the driver seat, he drove away in hurry.

“…” 

.
.
.

Yesung was long stopping his cries. Feeling to empty even to react to the metallic smells that fills the whole car.

“… why they were there…” muttered Junsu as he hiss in pain.

‘They?’ Junsu’s word had Yesung turn to Junsu who driving aimlessly.

“They…. they?” Yesung speak in hoarse voice. Only then he realize they were on the highway that way too far from the warehouse.

‘How long… I’ve been out…’ thought Yesung, looking all lost.

“Oh you’re snap out already? I’m sorry for the shock just now. They ruin it.” said Junsu in grimace.

“Who…”

“Your walls”

Flashback.

“It will be a quick death,Kyuhyun ssi.” said Junsu as he begin to place his finger on the trigger.

Once he knew Yesung avoiding his look, he ready to pull it but a stray bullet hit his forearm first.

He look forward and saw Eric holding his own gun towards him. Cursing for carelessly leaving the door open, he begin to turn his heels toward the shocked Yesung who had no idea of what just happen.

Hastily carrying the older out and drove away leaving Kyuhyun who still alive to the others.

Flashback off.

“Wall?”

“Shh. Just sleep baby. We will be arriving soon.”

“To where?”

The older’s questions had Junsu park his car at side of the road. He pull out something from underneath his sit.

“This hurts a bit.” said Junsu as he pull out a syringe.

“What! No!” shouts Yesung as he tried to fight the strong hold.

“Stay still! You gonna hurt yourself!” shouts Junsu in irritation. In  a swift, he had slap the older again just to silence him down.

Once the needles buried deep into his skin, Yesung can feel his nerve begin to calm down. All the fear and nervous are out from his systems as the sleep begin to take over his body.

“Sleep well. I hope you wake up in your new home” was the last thing Yesung heard before the darkness fully consume him.

 

 

 

A/N: long chapter to compensate from the time i procrastinating this story lol. How's that? Not an end yet, obviously. But at least it won't leave you guys hanging ~~~ yeet!