The Start

For You

October 2018

 

 

Three months have passed since Jongin and Kyungsoo’s wedding day which is held in Jeju-do on 15th July. 

 

Time has flown incredible fast right? Well it is indeed for the newlyweds and the family as well. 

 

Kyungsoo now is still working as the GM of a five star hotel in CoEx like before, leading hundreds of employee to serve their customers better and better. 

What change for him personally are: his current house, his status as spouse of Kim Kai, his new ‘housemate’: Kim Jongin, and his bedmate as well which is the same person again.. you know who right.

 

 

Other than those stuffs mentioned above, Kyungsoo tried and still trying his best to carry his life as normal as before.

 

Ever since their wedding week, he actually hasn’t talked much with JongIn again, because they didn’t spend so much time around each other at their shared house as well. 

 

Even though they are sharing room, bathroom, and walking closet together, however the two men’s habits are pretty much very different from each other.

 

Kyungsoo for example is an early riser. He wakes up at the exact same time and leave for office strictly at 7:30 everyday. 

Jongin; he wakes up irregularly, mostly later than Kyungsoo, leaves home at 8 the earliest.

 

When Kyung left the room quietly, Jongin mostly was just awake, giving himself fee extra minutes on bed with half closed eyes.

When Kyung went back home, Jongin mostly wasn’t there yet because of OT or eating out with his friends/colleagues on the weekend.

Kyungsoo has habit to eat take away dinner when he feels like eating, and tucked up for bed by 10/11 the most. 

Jongin, he loves to work at night so he always have paperwork to do in silence at his office until 12 or the next day. 

 

They could feel each other’s presence while sleeping, yea, but with such differences and zero willingness to know each other better, what happens inside the house is then, just like rent house. 

 

2 estranged people forced to live with each other, that was the most significant change Kyungsoo and Jongin faced this year, which is not easy for them, especially Kyungsoo, to be digested at all. 

 

During the first few days, Kyungsoo tried hard to maintain the right composure in front of his ‘husband’. He don’t know about Jongin, but he felt weird having the latter around so close and so sudden in his life. 

 

Kyungsoo was relieved when the taller is still sound asleep on their first morning that summer. He slowly observed Jongin’s routine on their early days, and thankfully none of their activities clash in terms of time so he didn’t have to change his routines before and after work. 

 

It takes time a while for Kyung to get used with ‘their’ new property as well. The house isn’t that big but not so small either. With time though, the house has been equally divided into his area and Jongin’s area without even needed to talk to each other. 

 

Kyungsoo naturally hang out around the kitchen and living room more, while Jongin prefer to watch TV or work at his own office room, or their shared bedroom. 

 

They take turn to use the shared bathroom and walking closet, which is where several  unavoidable ‘passed by each other closely’ moments happened just like in movies, lucky Kyungsoo was always quick on his feet to escape those situations with a slow “sorry”; ran away with all his might from Jongin.

 

All in all, it hasn’t been the easiest three months for both of them, but Kyungsoo alone is relieved knowing nothing bad has happened after living with this ‘strange’ guy. 

 

3 months; and they haven’t known each other a bit better. Do Kyungsoo is as closed and as ever; always shut his mouth tightly and they only hang around each other closely when in public (read: family’s dinner) 

 

 

Jongin doesn’t know what his husband does in work, he has no idea why the shorter always wore long shirt sleeves without suit before leaving to his ‘hotel’, he don’t know what Kyungsoo’s favorite food is, he don’t know why his entire closet mostly filled with black colour, he don’t know if Kyungsoo is still dating the ‘other’ guy or not.

 

They are spouse; but they don’t know anything about each other, which is quite sad. But urgh well, what else can I do right? Inner Jongin. 

 

All the things that Jongin mention about Kyungsoo, happen with the other side as well. 

 

Kyungsoo also doesn’t know what his husband has been doing all this time. He doesn’t know one of the reasons why Jongin ate out at night was to avoid being ignored by him inside the house. And lastly, he doesn’t know that Jongin is allegedly single now. 

 

Well that is sad. Thought Jongin before dozing off to dreamland that autumn night.

 

 

—-

 

 

“Good morninggg Kyungsoo ssi. Boss” 

 

It’s a gloomy morning out there but not at the hotel Kyungsoo’s working at.

8:00 AM sharp and all employees are wide awake with smile, ready to face the day.

 

“Good morning Baekhyun”

 

With firm steps as usual Kyungsoo enters his room and settle behind the desk; log into his PC to check all the awaiting emails from the past 2 days. 

It’s Monday. Another day, another week to be done.

 

 

“What’s the status this week?”

 

“5 weddings, three corporate meetings, two corporate events awaiting til Sunday”

 

“Rooms?”

 

“Average 70% of occupancy before walk in guests”

 

“Good. Any important news on the weekend?”

 

“Nope. Just the hallooween’s decoration has been settled. It’ll start to be applied this week.”

 

Kyungsoo nods

 

“Announcement of audit that it’s done is out boss, check your email”

 

Kyungsoo’s eye widen in excitement upon hearing the news immediately“Really??”

 

“Yep. It’s all good. I guess we all can leave early today”

Baekhyun winks towards his boss while Kyungsoo concentrates in skimming through his full inbox.

 

These past few weeks their hotel had been busy with audit; now with the processes officially done, all staffs can breath a bit easily now, including the GM himself. 

 

“Whew, this is a good news to start the week”

 

“Yes. Now we can focus discussing new year’s package and the usual stuffs”

 

Kyungsoo nods agreeing to his fast secretary. Baekhyun has always done well in his job since he first arrived. He is quick, hard working, can multitask, and is a very bright individual, perfect criterias to become Kyungsoo’s assitant to balance him up. 

 

Baek and Kyungsoo are indeed boss and assistant, but after five years working together, Baekhyun now has got the ‘grisp’ of Mr. Do both as a person and as General Manager. He is fast to adapt to the situation, to be serious when he needs to be serious, and to relax they can relax too, just like today. 

 

 

“Alright, I’ll be outside to finish the drafts you requested then”

 

“Thanks Baek”

 

“You’re welcome!” 

 

——

 

Hatchi

 

“Wow. You better go home early today Jongin-ah, before you make the entire floor become sick as well” says Sehun, giving a piece of advice to his friend after Jongin sneeze for the 50th time that day

 

“I know. I’ve taken meds, so not to worry” replies Jongin while clearing his throat 

 

 

“I’m not worried. I ask you to go home so everybody won’t be sick too. Ya, you have a husband to worry about you already, geez do you still want me Jongin?” Sehun answers back playfully, doesn’t want to be defeated like before

 

“ off” Jongin huffs and leave the table to pay for their food before leaving the cafe on their lunch break. 

 

 

Well, it had been three days since Jongin had flu. As much as he’d like to ignore Sehun’s advice though, today the younger seems quite normal and his advice is sensible, so after giving a second thought, Jongin listen to his friend, decided to go home early that day. 

 

There is no sin for leaving work on time right?

Maybe if he goes to bed early that could help his nose that has been blocked since yesterday’s morning; hopefully. 

 

 

——

 

*Knock knock

 

“Come in”

 

Kyungsoo look at the source of the sound and find his secretary opens the wooden door a bit, but not fully. 

 

“Boss, by any chance, do you want to join us for cocktail evening tonight?”

 

“Who are us?”

 

“Eum.. me, Jonghyun, Jongkuk, and the other guys from Marketing. They’ll join after seven but we can be there earlier”

 

It is currently ten past five in the afternoon, still early to finish work but after a chilled easy Monday he had today, Kyungsoo has decided to go home early to have more rest.

 

Baekhyun, Kyung’s assistant is done with all his work too, and there’s a bar nearby famous for making good drinks with great offers every weekdays. So, it’s an open secret for management’s employees to gather in there when work isn’t tight. Again, just like today

 

“Oh.. I’ll pass for now though. You guys have fun!” 

 

“Owkay. You are welcome to join anytime boss! Have a good evening!”

Baekhyun lightly bows with bubbly smile written on his face like usual.

 

“You too” Reply Kyungsoo as he step out of the room too, about to go home. 

 

“Thanks boss! Hehe” 

 

Some employees politely bow towards him as Kyungsoo left and walk towards the elevator.

 

As General Manager, Kyungsoo could be said to be quite close with his employees and colleagues in the hotel. 

He has the support from most directors, and workers always look up to him in acceptable way as well. When he’s in the mood sometimes Kyungsoo would join the guys like Baekhyun and other staffs for Cocktail night; but nah, that case cannot be applied today thus he rejected the kind invitation.

 

Tonight Kyung’s not in the mood to drink at all. he has already had a plan to grab a takeaway, go home, shower, and then watch movies while eating comfortably. Perfect. A perfect boring way to end the day. 

 

Despite being only two years apart from each other, other than their position in work, there’s such a huge contrast between Kyungsoo and Byun Baekhyun. On the personal side; Baek is the extrovert bubbly guy who is young, wild, and free. Kyungsoo on the other hand; is neat, quiet, total introvert, boring, and worst of all: married. 

 

 

Well, when legally you are married but not romantically involved with anybody, that defines Kyungsoo then. He had cut off contact with Chanyeol since three months ago... so the only thing that keeps the man busy now is just work.. and work.. plus movies every night/weekend if he’s not too tired already.

 

 

“see you tomorrow Kyungsoo ssi! Have a safe ride back home”

Across the lobby, Kyungsoo once again greeted by one of the senior employee, a 50 years old concierge staff who’s always very kind to him.

 

“Thank you ahjussi. Great work for today too.”

He smiles and shake hands with the ahjussi

 

Well, as long as he have supportive family and colleagues around, Kyungsoo wouldn’t complain though.

 

Another day nearly ends. 

 

—-

 

 

Humming lightly, Jongin’s eyes widen a bit when his garage’s door is open and a black Mercedes is already parked nicely next to the empty spot for his sedan upon arriving at home.

 

 

Kyungsoo is home? Wow it’s still six. He’s never home this early. Jongin’s mind wanders as he open the front door’s lock to enter the house.

 

Like a thief, the tall man take a careful peek around first before entering his own house. He curiously look to left and right, walking with a very light step looking for his spouse. 

 

At the ground floor, surprisingly Kyungsoo is yet nowhere to be found. He see a plastic bag on the dining table that is untouched. Looks like food, but he didn’t dare to dig deeper.

 

Going upstairs, still quietly as before, Jongin steps into their room and there isn’t much difference either. Still silence, only the curtain has been closed, confirming the other’s presence earlier in here. 

 

Checking the bathroom, surprisingly it is opened, with the light still on. So there’s only one room left..

 

Jongin get closer to their walking closet, located at the room corner divided by a sliding door, and from a small opened gap Jongin take a peek inside, finally see the person he looks for in there. 

 

Kyungsoo is there. 

 

Inside the room, in front of the five feet tall mirror, stands half Kyungsoo who’s drying his hair with one hand. The petite man currently wear only sweatpants, the upper half of his body is still bare which makes Jongin can see his whole body perfectly from the mirror reflection by the door.

 

Observing silently from a fair distance, Jongin’s now stuck on his feet with an opened mouth; very shock to see a very surprising sight: Kyungsoo’s abdomen filled with  dark bruises, something seems like several black marks in round shape all over his stomach underneath the chest. Those bruise marks are fairly obvious even from a far, such a contrast with Kyungsoo’s milky white hands, back, and upper half of his chest.

 

Didn’t want to be caught by his husband though, after two minutes or so Jongin quit the room, goes back to downstairs and stay there until Kyungsoo’s done. 

 

The rest of the evening, the two spend it awkwardly inside the house. Kyungsoo had dinner while Jongin showered, and then the taller resume working in his office after taking some pills. 

At half past midnight, Jongin return to their bed with a tired mind, trying to get to sleep.   

 

Lying on his bed though, Jongin’s brain is still flooded with so many things now; many different possibilities and wanderings based upon one thing: the dark mark on Kyungsoo’s stomach that he saw earlier this evening.

 

What exactly is that mark again? Did he get that recently?

Before this, Kyungsoo never reveal any part of his body (obviously) in front of him so Jongin never saw it. 

But what is that actually?

Surgery mark? Bruise mark?

What surgery did he have? Is it serious?

Why did his in law never brings up about health issue if Kyungsoo had any?

Did he get beaten up by somebody?

Was he involved in domestic violence from his boyfriend or what?? 

 

Eventhough the thing is actually none of his business, Jongin can’t help but become curious about that bruise in his husband’s abdomen. 

 

Why why why?

He won’t be calm until he knows the reason why, Jongin concludes that night.

 

 

 

///Kyungsoo’s reason for hating Jongin will be revealed soon