five

Cold Over Time
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"I'm just wondering, will I ever include in one of the things that you love?"

 

What? Was I hearing things? This person in front of me really just asked me that kind of question? Unbelievable.

 

I still couldn't believe it until I feel the light squeeze from those fingers that are still holding me tightly. Looking down at our hands that fit each other ever so perfectly, I try hard to calm my mind as I prepare for my counter-attack.

 

"Will you push me away again if I say yes?"

 

My mind played back the moment of us under the cherry blossom tree when someone exclaimed that they're not good enough for me. I can feel my heart ache again whenever I remember the insecurity beneath those mysterious dark orbs.

 

"I一I can clearly picture the way you cried back then. I never want to see that again, Jisoo. I want to see your smile."  

 

Biting my bottom lip, I can clearly sense the sincerity underneath those words. As if on cue, I feel the warmth in my heart and slowly my heart-shaped lips move slightly to form a smile with my eyes peeking through my eyelids. 

 

 

Never have I thought that my smile is really contagious to the point that I finally gaze upon the most beautiful smile that I've ever seen. Unlike the small smile that hardly expresses anything, that gummy smile shows how the owner set their feelings free, for the world to see.

 

I seriously can't contain my happiness as I repeatedly jump with great joy, like a kid who just watched their favorite cartoon, without releasing my hand from the warmth. But the taller figure probably misleads the reason of my happiness as they say, "I know, I just lose the game. But that doesn't matter though, because I can finally express my thoughts and feelings to you."

 

I shake my head immediately as I utter, "No, it wasn't about the game!" The smile is still not leaving their flawless face which makes my heart go uwu. 

 

"Always put on your breathtaking smile please."

 

After saying that, I don't even waste any second as I immediately run away from the culprit who makes me said those cheesy words. I'm so embarrassed to the point that I forget everything and when I arrive in front of my house, I finally realize what I just did as I facepalm myself. The way we walked so slowly a few minutes ago was because of not wanting to reach my house so quickly but I just ruin it.

 

I sigh as I turn around, wanting to walk back only to get startled by the person in front of me. "Why are you already here?"

 

"I follow you wherever you go."

 

I slump my body in disappointment as we need to part for today, which I clearly don't want to.

 

"Do you have plans later?"

 

Raising my eyebrow in confusion, I c

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter