nine

Cold Over Time
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

"I believe you'll let me in, right?"

 

"But I've hurt you. I've made you cry, gave you pain. And on top of that, I've left you." I look at her with nothing but only gloominess inside my eyes as I continue, "Why do you still believe in me, after what I've done."

 

“Do I still need to say it with words? Because I believe deep down inside you know the answer already." She takes my hand and moves her thumb in circles, caressing me lovingly.

 

"I'm broken. I cry myself in order to sleep that sometimes I don't even know why did I cry. Whenever I look up at the sky, my eyes will mirror my heart immediately because I know only the clouds and the clear blue horizon can see me. I find it hard to feel any kind of emotions that being truly happy is such a foreign feeling for me."

 

"I wasn't like this, being cold and avoiding everyone. I had many friends, lots of people knew me with how easily I mingle with everyone. My personality was playful and really friendly to the point that I was never be left alone. But that's why I found it hard day by day, trying to hide the pain inside while facing them with a smile on my face."

 

"I didn't want to let them know I'm sad and depressed, I didn't want to turn the happy atmosphere to a gloomy one because of me. I succeed in hiding it until one day, I just couldn't anymore. I told my mind to keep smiling but my lips just couldn't move anymore, my eyes just couldn't light up anymore and I just couldn't find myself to joke around like I used to. Everyone was shocked and asked me if I was alright and although I told them I was fine, I lied."

 

"I was exhausted already, I started to avoid everyone and only buried all of the bad feelings inside until I eventually felt numb. Too numb to even feel anything. That was what made me became the way I am today. I said goodbye to everyone and even myself."

 

I do not know

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter