seven

Cold Over Time
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I know life will not always be rainbow and sunshine. I will not be happy forever and I accept that. That's what makes life beautiful anyway, with all different kinds of colors blending into one. 

 

But does it have to be this soon? When we just got together a few weeks ago. We did not even have our first month anniversary yet. And you are already leaving me?

 

Gone, gone, gone. 

 

Just like how you never appear in my life. You are gone, along with the wind, as you never turn around again and my eyes can only stare at your back that slowly disappears. 

 

How could you? I thought you love me?

 

Is it just my imagination? But all these memories of us, they cannot lie to me, can they?

 

I just want to be next to you right now, even if I am not yours anymore. Does that make me pathetic?

 

Closing my eyes to stop the tears from coming out, no matter how hard I try to find the answer to the reason you left me, I cannot find any. Because obviously there's none. What would be the reason when there's nothing wrong with us? There's just you who suddenly changed that makes me confused.

 

You, who started to warm up because of me, suddenly turned to someone who's even colder than the first time we talked. And when I demand the reason of your weird behavior, you said you want to end this. This relationship with me.

 

When I asked for the reason of you wanting to break up, you said I better stop searching for the answer because you do not want me to feel even hurt than this.

 

But I prefer knowing the answer than know nothing at all. So I do not have to cry in vain like this, being so stupid to cry over nothing in mind. This uncertainty, when will this ever end?

 

All I know is, you are not with me anymore. Those sweet words coming out from your mouth, they are nothing right now. Promises are also gone, together with you, out from my life.

 

===

 

Staring up at the tree branches being covered up in the snow, I bury my hand inside my coat pocket as I inhale deeply only to see the visible air coming out from my mouth.

 

It is still the cold freezing winter, when you left me. Smiling bitterly, a thought appears inside my mind. At least we've been through the four seasons together and you're not leaving me when the cherry blossoms bloom, because that would really ruin my favorite season. 

 

Looking up while closing my eyes, I let the soft snowflakes landing on top of my face for a few seconds. In the midst of that, a flash of memory appears in my mind.

 

"Jisoo, wake up!" I  groaned while kept shaking my head and leaning closer to the warmth beside me. 

 

​​​​​​The same person was laughing because of me as the soothing voice calmed my beating heart. "You need to open up your eyes, Jisoo-ah. Believe me."

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter