two

Cold Over Time
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Peeking over the tree, I notice the usual figure leaning against the trunk. Only this time, those ears are occupied with the same earphones that I used yesterday. Unintentionally, I sigh in disappointment, I guess I can't make any conversation at this moment. With my head hung low, I'm about to walk away only to halt my steps when the same gentle voice ringing through my ears.

 

"What are you doing behind my back?"

 

Startled, I turn around only to see the figure with the same position and actions; earphones on and eyes closed. Does this person secretly have some superpower?  

 

Not hearing any response from me, the same person finally moves slightly to look at me with an eyebrow raised. "Is there something you want to talk to me?"

 

"I-umm...I want to thank you for the ride yesterday." Why am I being so awkward right now? It's so not me.

 

The figure pats the empty space beside them and the stupid me just stand there, not moving an inch. A soft chuckle fills the tense air around us as my heart tries to remember this moment, the first time I hear them laugh. Even just slightly.

 

"I won't bite. Come on, sit here." 

 

I know for sure, the decision I make right now, whether to come closer or choose to leave would affect our relationship after this. As always, my mind would blank-out whenever I'm near this certain person. So, I just follow my heart and sit underneath the cherry blossom tree, right next to the one who immediately makes me even more nervous by blatantly staring at me.  

 

"Are you afraid of me?"

 

I don't even know I can turn my head this fast as I also quickly utter, "No! Of course not!"

 

"Then, why did you avoid my gaze?"

 

"I'm not. I'm looking at you right now."

 

The same poker face just raises that perfect eyebrow and takes a long deep breath. "You know, whenever I try to talk to people, they seem to back away. Maybe because I rarely have any expression on nor there just this cold 'aura' around me, just like everyone said."

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter