four

Cold Over Time
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

"What are you doing?"

 

"W-whoa!" Upon seeing me being so close, the person next to me immediately closes their laptop as if there's something there that's forbidden for me to see.

 

"You're done already?" I nod as the silverish laptop quickly disappear from my sight while they hurriedly packing up their stuff. And before I can even say anything, that certain person already grabs my arm to lead me out from the classroom. "Let's go home!"

 

I can only smile inwardly seeing the nervous wreck beside me acting like they just got caught doing something criminal. 

 

"Why are you looking at me like that?"

 

"Like what?"

 

"Hmm..." A cough escapes from those lips as I can't help but giggle seeing the usual cold facade slowly fade away bit by bit. 

 

"I won't ask about what you were hiding from me. Stop freaking out."

 

"I'm not!"

 

"Oh, sure you're not." I raise my eyebrow to exclaim my teasing game. As that certain someone just looking at everywhere but me, pretending to ignore me.

 

Why did I say pretend? Well, who could really ignore me anyway? I'm Kim Jisoo. 

 

"I wanna walk home." 

 

"Walk?" Well, that catches their attention back to me. I try to stop the giggles to escape upon gazing at the furrowed eyebrows and the confusion beneath those widen dark eyes.

 

"Yes! The weather is nice and the air is clear too." I close my eyes for a few seconds to inhale deeply the fresh air surrounding us in this chilly summer day.

 

"I'll walk you home then." That intense stare really makes my body react in every way possible, the way that I've never felt before. I can only curse my stupid self in my mind when I quickly step forward to hide my blushing face which automatically breaks our close distance that practically made me felt so hard to breathe a few moments ago.

 

"But your car?" 

 

"I'll go back again. Not a big deal." They take their step to match it with mine as I analyze their side profile. Then I smirk when I realize something, this person right here has waited for me and even willing to walk me home although they have to come back to school again to fetch their car. 

 

You're already so whipped when I'm not even your girlfriend, yet.

 

.

 

"You alright there?"

 

"I'm Jisoo, I'm ok." Looking up to fix my gaze on those eyes, I smile in amusement as I utter with my usual teasing tone, "Are you tired already?"

 

"What? Of course not!"

 

"Hmm...Really?"

 

Nodding their head repeatedly while looking at me, in an effort of convincing me that they are telling the truth is enough to make me laugh out loud. "Fine. Deny it all you want, but my house is still twenty minutes away." I bite my lip to prevent laughter to slip from my mouth after seeing the slightly frozen face. 

   

Waiting for the street light to turn green, I let my eyes wander around in silence, observing the not-so-crowded intersection as several people around us who dressed in different fashions are either playing with their phone, or talking with each other, or even just tapping their foot impatiently while keep glancing at their watch. Then as if someone has finally come up with a topic to talk about, my ears catch the smooth voice that comes along the wind,

 

"Is there a place that you really wanna go?"

 

Out of the blue? Raising my eyebrow in confusion, I land my eyes on those dark orbs and ask, "Why?"

 

"Because it's already summer now, perfect time for holidays." 

 

"That's right! I agree with that! Oh!" I point to the green light as we start to cross the road. There are lots of things that have been going on inside my mind that somehow make it hard for me to focus.

 <

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter