one

Cold Over Time
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I excitedly walk down the pathway toward the bus stop near my school's entrance. The boring day of school finally comes to an end and I can't wait to come home and greet my comfortable bed. Just then, my eyes lit up immediately when I notice the flower blooming beautifully in front of me. 

 

Taking my steps forward, I look up to the fluttering petals dancing their way down to the ground. I don't know why, but my senses tell me that someone is watching me. Feeling the heartbeat of my own, I let my eyes wander to a specific spot, where I usually would take notice. As if someone has been answering my prayer, that certain person is sitting there with an open-book over their leg, as always. 

 

Unconsciously, I let a small smile hovers over my lips upon seeing the petals land on top of the paper. The reader seems to not be bothered about them as those long fingers turn the pages around, making the flowers trap between the book. When I'm wondering about how good that book is to make a person seems to immerse in their own world, my annoying best friend just need to interrupt the moment.

 

"What? I'm asking you to go home together!" She said after I shoot her thousands of glares with my eyes.

 

I just shrug at her as she drags me to walk faster. She keeps babbling endlessly, even though I have my unusual quiet mode on. "Didn't you stand there to wait for me? Why do you seem upset to go home?" 

 

"I'm not upset."

 

"Aha I know!!" She startles me with her loud voice as I glare at her again, she deserves it anyway.

 

"You must be ogling at someone, right? Tell me, tell me, who's your new crush?"

 

I widen my eyes and raise my hand to slap her shoulder immediately. "Yah! What did you say?" 

 

"That YOU have a crush!" I know she purposely saying that out loud and not even a second pass she's already bolting away, saving herself from me.

 

"Yah Lalisa! You're really dead this time!" I sprint as fast as I can to catch her, I don't care about the other students' curious stare at us, the two idiots who are running around in a burning-hot afternoon. 

 

.

 

Folding both of my arms over my chest, I pout as my eyes don't catch the sight of anyone sitting under the tree. Taking a deep breath, I'm about to turn on my heel to walk away when a gentle voice reaches my ears.

 

"Who are you looking for?"

 

Surprised, I gaze at the poker face standing beside me as I can feel my body shivers at how cold, how emotionless those pairs of brown eyes are. Seems to not minding my answer, I feel the person who comes so abruptly, moving away as fast as the wind, while I'm still here, alone and foolishly under-effect of that certain someone.

 

All of a sudden, a drople

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter