PART 8

ANGEL

I waited for you. You came out of the room, changed and you seem to be going somewhere. 

I wanted to know where you are going, but then I thought that I must let you have your own space. Though brief, this visit maybe still I respected and trusted you. 

Besides, no matter what you wanted to do with your life, I have no more right to intercede. 

You walked out of the door, and I was left inside, alone. 

I walked around the house, revisiting every moment in every corner. 

Aside from the apartement we had a ton more memorable experiences that even a lifetime wouldn't be enough to tell all of them. Every second, every moment somehow those are memories to treasure. 

Happy, sad, funny, extraoridnary, nerve-wracking, you name it. 

I waited, and waited. 

This was how it felt, to wait for someone to return. Knowing that they'd acctually return. What if, waiting for someone who'd never comeback? How could that feel.

Awful. 

I realized how grief took over Myungsoo's life. 

Before I used to doubt myself if Myungsoo was ever happy with me. 

Because Myungsoo had that cold facade and was rarelly expressive with his feelings, somehow I had this mindset that Myungsoo wasn't happy or he wasn't contented. So I doubted myself if I wasn't good enough for him. 

Now, I realized how affected he was because of my loss. So I came to understand that despite doubts and uncertainties that I had, the real thing exceeded my expectations. That I did matter that much to Myungsoo. 

I heard the door click open. 

Myungsoo entered the house with some large plastic box containers, the ones that you'd use to store things for a long time.