PART 3.

ANGEL

You opened the fridge and took out a box of milk. As always we'd argue when I catch you drink directly from the box but today you poured milk into the glass and drank from it. I walked around the our dream home. 

An apartment like any other medical student would live in. It was near the university and the hospital. Everything that we both needed can be bought just around the corner. Have we not decided to try and live together, we may not know one another as much as we do now. Ofcourse we were plagued by objections from others whom didn't take time to understand. 

Moving in together was like child's play. One day you called and asked me if I wanted to become your roomate. I brought all my stuff from my previous dorm and turned your place into our place. To those who might misunderstand, we respect each other so much that we really gave each one his own personal space. Actually moving in helped us in our studies too. They say it is better to stay up late and study inspired than to be alone. 

And there were times that I would be nagging at you. There's no specific reason why I would nag, but you'd always interrupt with a kiss.

Sunlight entered the room through windows usually left opened. You sat down the couch, turned the tv on. Usually you'd tune in to the sports or the science channel but today, you switched the channel to the re-run of the variety show I'd always watch. I sat down beside you. We never not the couple who'd show too much affection with each other. We'd barely done cheezy stuff we'd see on movies. Seating side-by-side, your other arm stretched and rested on my shoulder. The beating of our hearts would be enough for us. 

I watched the show with you. That show never failed to let a lone, feeling down soul be uplifted by their satirical comedy. Like before, the apartment would be filled with my laughter and you'd always flash a serious cold stare at me once I did.  Even I felt happines and laughed along as the show went on. 

The show ended and you seemed to be very unaffected. You just stared blakly at the tv's screen, were you holding your breath? Then you've let out a big sigh.