Running Girl

His Scalpel and Her Warm Smile
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

MWay. Chaebol. Heir. 
Three words that’s always stick to Seojoon since he was a child. 
From he was only a little boy, his family already taught him step by step how to be a successor of a megacorporation, MWay Group. Because of his parent busy schedule, he never ate dinner with his family, never have a family vacation, never have anything that an ordinary family would do. 
He always spent his birthday with the family maid, whose he considered as his second mother. His parent divorced when he was only 10 years old, despite his objection by crying next to his parent whenever they got home. 
It’s only when he’s 18 years old, he started a rebellion to his family, just to escape from his tragic yet pathetic destiny as MWay Group sole-heir. 

“Can you stop following me?” Seojoon asked in annoyed tone to his personal secretary, Siyoon. 
“Can you stop walking?” Siyoon asked him back. 
Seojoon stopped and turned back. “Satisfied now?” 
“I need to talk to you.” Siyoon said. 
Seojoon smirked. “Then talk now.”
“Aigoo, this kid!” Siyoon glared at him. “You must thankful because I knew you since you’re young.” 
“Let’s talk while walking. Here is Incheon Airport. Many people recognize me here.” Seojoon said while dragging his luggage. 
“Your mom.” 
Seojoon gasped and stop walking. 
“That witch said if you don’t come to the family dinner, she’ll hurt your mom.” 
Seojoon sighed helplessly. “Let’s go to dad’s house!”

Seojoon looked at a typical Pyeongchang-dong mansion in front of him. His family mansion. 
“Aigoo, look who is here! The lost lamb has finally coming back home.” A woman voice with mocking tone said from behind him. 
Without looking at his back, without doubt, Seojoon certain that it’s his step-mother.
He turned his back and bowed politely in front of her. 
“You should’ve come earlier.” His father suddenly said happily.
Seojoon smiled slightly. “I just landed.” 
“Let’s go, your mother had cooked so much food. We can’t let it cool down, right?” 
Seojoon unwillingly entered the house after his father persuasion.

**

After that unpleasant dinner with his family, Shiyoon drove him home. 
“Hyung.” 
Shiyoon glanced at him through the rear-view mirror. 
“Do you know the reason why I left that house?” He asked. 
“18 years old, smart, capable, a boy who has such bright future in front of him, suddenly run away from house. It just doesn’t make a sense.” Shiyoon said. 
“I was 13 years old when my father married her. I like her at first, but after my father left for a business trip, that’s when I realized that she’s not a person I use to know.” Seojoon said. 
“In her eyes, I am just a loyal dog. I obeyed everything she asked me to do. Leaving my stocks to her hands, beaten by her. I just.. I can’t do anything. Everything just controlled by her.” He continued. 
“So, you ran away from house? Do you know how worried your father is when he knew that you disappear?” Shiyoon asked him. 
“I got fed up from playing as her loyal dog. I thought if I run away, she wouldn’t be able to find me. But I was wrong.” He regretted. 
“She is like a lion who had fixated her prey. On me.” He continued. 
“I still remember her satisfied face when I broke up with Yoona before engaging with a girl she picked.” Seojoon said.
“Yoona?” Shiyoon asked in surprised.
“She threatened to kill my biological mother if I disobey her. I didn’t break up with Yoona because I want to, it’s all happened because of her. But then everyone started to talk like they know everything. That I left Yoona for a richer person, that I am a gold-digger who engaged to Sejin Group’s youngest daughter. In fact, I’m still the same boy from 13 years ago. A boy that didn’t have any other choice beside obeying what that witch wants.” Seojoon said. 

**

“It’s your first time!” Yoona exclaimed. 
Changwook looked at her in confusion. “First time for?” 
“Driving me to the airport.” She continued. 
Changwook laughed. “Thinking back, I think it’s really the first time.” 
They arrived at the airport. Yoona hugged Changwook before going to the crew waiting room. 
“Ah, I don’t want to send you off like this.” Changwook said. 
Yoona released the hug. “Huh? What are you talking about?” 
Suddenly, Changwook kissed Yoona deeply. Deep enough to make Seojoon furrowed his eyebrows while watching them from the second floor. 
“This.” Changwook said. 
“My handsome mon~ster.” Yoona said in aegyo tone. 
“I’m fluttered.” Changwook said. <

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter